-Can do -max res maps but it's not fun

Path of Building:
Spoiler
Current Build: (lvl 92)
https://pastebin.com/6VdkZGsB

Lvl 100 projection:
https://pastebin.com/56maAmk2

Bandits:
I went with Kraityn (Barrel) but you could easily take the 2 skill points which will net an extra jewel slot which is ultimately probably better. Up to you.

Gear:
Spoiler
Weapon - Oni-Goroshi (duh)
The first thing we need to talk about is, of course, Oni-Goroshi. I'm not going to explain how to farm it here because there are already plenty of resources for that but if you plan to use it then you need to understand how it works. The base damage on Oni-Goroshi goes up as you level your character which makes it a solid leveling weapon as long as you keep your fire resistance maxed all the way through but the real kicker for this weapon is the buff you get after igniting an enemy, "Her Embrace."

For those who don't know what "Her Embrace" does:
Spoiler
-123% of Sword Physical Damage gained as Extra Fire Damage-The reason for the season, this is where most of your damage comes from.
-20% increased Attack, Cast and Movement Speed-Double Onslaught anyone?
-Immune to Freeze, Chill and Ignite-More immunities are always welcome.
-Cannot be stunned-You have this from Slayer anyways but never hurts
-Unaffected by Burning Ground-We'll pretend like this matters...
-While in Her Embrace, take 0.5% of your total Maximum Life and Energy Shield as Fire Damage per second per Level-This is the reason we run Purity of Fire and the reason that you will always need your fire res overcapped.

Also keep in mind that the buff only lasts for 3 seconds. This won't be an issue most of the time because we will constantly be getting it back through crits but you will sometimes lose it between packs.

Helmet - Lightpoacher (if you can, get 2 abyss sockets)
Spoiler
WHAT!? No Abyssus? I thought every Oni-Goroshi build had to run Abyssus.
Nope, with two well rolled abyss jewels you can nearly make up the damage and the utility paired with the lack of drawback makes Lightpoacher edge out Abyssus. (if you don't think so then feel free to use Abyssus)

The helm itself offers a lot of utility with the extra healing and the damage from Spirit Burst is not trivial but mainly serves as an extra way to crit fish for Her Embrace between packs. That being said the lack of life hinders it a bit

Gloves - Tombfist (if you can, get 2 abyss sockets)
Spoiler
More abyss sockets, attack speed, percentage life, auto-maim, intimidate, and no drawbacks. Enough said.

Belt - Darkness Enthroned
Spoiler
Effectively three abyss sockets. Gimme that sweet, sweet deeps.

Chest - Belly of the Beast or Kaom's Heart
Spoiler
This really comes down to personal preference. Belly allows you to run Ancestral Protector which will boost your single target dps dramatically but Kaom's Heart will grant way more life.

Amulet/Rings - Rares
Spoiler
You really need some solid resistances and life here because we've been giving them up a lot of places. If you can get some extra flat phys or attack speed here them great.

Boots - Rare
Spoiler
Once again, you really need some solid resistances and life here because we've been giving them up a lot of places. We also want 30% move speed... obviously.

Abyss Jewels Stat Priority:
Spoiler
-Flat phys with swords
-Flat phys
-Attack speed on crit
-Attack speed
-Life
-Crit damage
-Fire damage with swords
-Fire damage
-Crit chance

Flat phys feeds directly into Her Embrace and will give you the largest return on investment. Attack speed is really nice both for dps and quality of life. You could also go for crit damage/chance if you find something really nice. You will definitely want most of these to have life. I know the deeps look juicy but you can't do deeps if you're dead.

Skill Links:
Spoiler
Main Attack Setup 1: Blade Flurry - Faster Attacks - Elemental Damage With Attacks - Melee Physical Damage - Maim - Added Fire Damage
Support Skill Setup 1: Ancestral Protector - Faster Attacks - Melee Physical Damage - Elemental Damage With Attacks - Ruthless - Added Fire Damage
Spoiler
This setup allows Blade Flurry to truly shine. We give up a small ammount of damage to avoid using Concentrated Effect and gain the quality of life benefit of faster attacks and make up (and exceed) the difference by using Ancestral Protector on bosses.

If you plan to use Kaom's Heart then I would suggest using Increased AoE and swapping for Concentrated Effect on bosses.

Main Attack Setup 2: Blade Flurry - Concentrated Effect - Melee Physical Damage - Elemental Damage With Attacks - Maim - Added Fire Damage
Support Skill Setup 2: Frost Blades - Ancestral Call - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage - Elemental Damage With Attacks - Increased Critical Strikes
Spoiler
Use Frost Blades to clear and swap to Blade Flurry on bosses.

Last edited by Phoenix512 on Jan 10, 2018, 3:20:44 PM
Last bumped on Jan 18, 2018, 4:19:08 PM
Updated build-1/10/18
Last edited by Phoenix512 on Jan 10, 2018, 3:22:32 PM
Any videos? How far have you cleared with this build?
"
rotting_fox wrote:

You can do all content easily and relatively cheap with Oni-Goroshi, with whatever skill you might wanna play.

I started my Oni Slayer recently and i'm 89 atm, gonna push to 91-92 before i try T16/Elder etc, my toon is a bit different but in case anyone wanna check or discuss about it, here's my gear/PoB:

https://pastebin.com/d4fPfWs3
Spoiler

You can run 6L Oni on weapon swap for single-target, or use it on a pseudo 5-6L helm, maybe gloves as well, can run 6L AW on chest, or if you wanna be tankier, Kaom's, there's a lot you can play around with it, i'm using Reave/BF currently but planning on trying Cyclone as well, any melee skill will work just fine.
Last edited by Phosphenez on Jan 5, 2018, 10:59:12 AM
430k shaper damage on a pseudo 5L - impressive.

I like all the rares in your build. I'm currently a molten strike/frost blades juggernaut, but I may try slayer blade flurry. Too bad there's no way to make sunder work.

I'm considering using the tempest binding with blade flurry or another melee skill
"
Phosphenez wrote:
"
rotting_fox wrote:

You can do all content easily and relatively cheap with Oni-Goroshi, with whatever skill you might wanna play.

I started my Oni Slayer recently and i'm 89 atm, gonna push to 91-92 before i try T16/Elder etc, my toon is a bit different but in case anyone wanna check or discuss about it, here's my gear/PoB:

https://pastebin.com/d4fPfWs3
Spoiler

You can run 6L Oni on weapon swap for single-target, or use it on a pseudo 5-6L helm, maybe gloves as well, can run 6L AW on chest, or if you wanna be tankier, Kaom's, there's a lot you can play around with it, i'm using Reave/BF currently but planning on trying Cyclone as well, any melee skill will work just fine.

I'm trying out slayer and would like to try your BF/Reave build and bring it to the endgame. I've got two Oni-Goroshi swords and I would like to use one for blade flurry, and one for reave. what would you suggest I do with the gem links for these two skills?
Last edited by KaFeiBean on Jan 5, 2018, 6:05:15 PM
"
430k shaper damage on a pseudo 5L - impressive.

I like all the rares in your build. I'm currently a molten strike/frost blades juggernaut, but I may try slayer blade flurry. Too bad there's no way to make sunder work.

I'm considering using the tempest binding with blade flurry or another melee skill

Yeah, the damage is pretty good considering it's unbuffed DPS and vs Shaper, i'm pretty happy with it atm, won't melt guardians/shaper unless i swap to Abyssus or something but shouldn't be needed.

There's a lot of good Shaper/Elder mods now, optimally i'd use a helm with lvl 20 ConcEffect and 2/3% crit to attacks, but those are pretty expensive. The Ice Bite/Innervate is not optimal but its still a solid helm.

And if you use RRRRGB you can probably swap skills whenever you want, though for Molten you'll want Point Blank, maybe some cold stuff for Frost Blades etc. I leveled with Molten/Frost and it works great as well, though not min-maxed.

"
I'm trying out slayer and would like to try your BF/Reave build and bring it to the endgame. I've got two Oni-Goroshi swords and I would like to use one for blade flurry, and one for reave. what would you suggest I do with the gem links for these two skills?

You can test it on PoB if you have it, it automatically sorts support gems from best to worst, i think RRRRGB is the best/most versatile setup.

Reave > Melee Phys > Ele with attacks > Dmg on full life > Multistrike > Inc. Aoe

Blade Flurry > Melee phys > Ele with attacks > Dmg on full life > Conc.Effect, 6th support can be Maim/Fire penetration/Inc.CritDamage/Faster Attacks
Glad you guys like the build. I hit 90 today and I'm working towards Shaper. I have cleared most content leading up to Shaper including all three Elder fights with no problem. The build has changed slightly but not dramatically since I first posted, I'll update it once I down Shaper.

As a side note, at my current lvl and gear I now have 636k dps on Shaper according to PoB and there is still significant room for gear improvement. I'm considering Xoph's Heart for more 90% damage conversion for instance but I would have to redo a lot of other gear to keep resistances capped. Another option is Shroud of the Lightless.
Uploaded some fights to show how the character is doing, haven't been playing much so i'm not familiar with the Elder guardians and Elder (derp death at the end, guessing i shouldve went to the bubble), was pretty easy though

Enslaver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQHl8Fiw7Xw

Eradicator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1uvDfOf4Qw

Elder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0A2MPPeolY
How does it do in hardcore? What's the survivability like?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info