3.5 Magic Find Windrippin Boi (Windripper LA/Barrage Raider)

"
LG0012 wrote:
"
Falcyon wrote:

Whare are u talking about?

You ignored the Vitality Void nodes under Vaal Pact. They give 2% life leech. Instead, you get the Soul Raker for 1.2% and 50% increased life leech per second. On top of that, your leech greatly gets enhanced with an extremely expensive legacy Vessel of Vinctar. This flask gives you instaleech. So i was wondering. Since you run on extremely low life of 4300, does this setup cover up the loss of survivability even on T11 maps?

Another question. What build did you use to level this ranger character to level 100? I too wish to find a nice sustainable ranger build. Thanks.
Is this build also viable for low-level delving?
"
Falcyon wrote:

You ignored the Vitality Void nodes under Vaal Pact. They give 2% life leech. Instead, you get the Soul Raker for 1.2% and 50% increased life leech per second. On top of that, your leech greatly gets enhanced with an extremely expensive legacy Vessel of Vinctar. This flask gives you instaleech. So i was wondering. Since you run on extremely low life of 4300, does this setup cover up the loss of survivability even on T11 maps?

Another question. What build did you use to level this ranger character to level 100? I too wish to find a nice sustainable ranger build. Thanks.

Well I'm totally fine even with 4396 hp - big thanks legacy Vessel of Vinktar. Im able to clear all game content, except uber elder. But everything else.. Is just a joke.. Even full elemental reflect maps. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqGFiNqdiRg
“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
Last edited by LG0012 on Jan 29, 2019, 4:37:08 PM
Hey guys,

just started to level my MF char and want to buy a Windripper. Can anyone tell me which stats are more important?

Attack Speed > Crit > Elemental Damage ?

Thank u
"
DunklerKoenig wrote:
Hey guys,

just started to level my MF char and want to buy a Windripper. Can anyone tell me which stats are more important?

Attack Speed > Crit > Elemental Damage ?

Thank u

Don't know if you play standard of betrayal. You propably know that Windripper has legacy version and its current 3.5 has been nerfed from 70/100 crit chance down to 30/40.

I did some testing on Path of Building, using my character's Barrage skill. Bea in mind, that while the DPS appears lower with crit chance, it is important to do critical damage. And while the speed gives better dps, it is important to be able to scale your weapon's elemental damage. As the build suggests, high damage is not the best option. You got to be able to fast clear a map, and high critical chance does this better, while elemental damage boosts the critical damage multiplier. So i'd say you should go for crit>elem>speed

The Legacy (3.4) gives me a nice effective crit chance of 70% while the new, 3.5 version gives 58%. If you go for the 3.5, you should boost your crit chance with jewels. If you can get the legacy version on standard league, it will be good even at 70%(out of 100%)
As for the rest, Elemental vs Speed, its a somewhat even fight, with speed helping out only a bit more. As expected, it's advised to not go for too low speed or too low elemental. Any lack on elemental or speed, you will be able to fix it with jewels.

Results of 3.5 version (numbers in DPS. on my character always)
a1:564049 (Lowest Rolls 20%Elem, 48-72Cold,1-120Light, 10%Spd, 30%Crit)
a2:584064 (Full Elem. 24%Elem, 60-90Cold,1-150Light, 10%Spd, 30%Crit)
a3:588726 (Full Speed 20%Elem, 48-72Cold,1-120Light, 15%Spd, 30%Crit)
a4:577358 (Full Crit. 20%Elem, 48-72Cold,1-120Light, 10%Spd, 40%Crit)
a5:625133 (Max Rolls 25%Elem, 60-90Cold,1-150Light, 15%Spd, 40%Crit)

Results of 3.4 version (legacy)
b1:599680 (Lowest Rolls 20%Elem, 32-40Cold,1-80Light, 10%Spd, 80%Crit)
b2:620559 (Full Elem 24%Elem, 48-60Cold,1-100Light, 10%Spd, 80%Crit)
b3:625916 (Full Speed 20%Elem, 32-40Cold,1-80Light, 15%Spd, 80%Crit)
b4:619471 (Full Crit 20%Elem, 32-40Cold,1-80Light, 10%Spd, 100%Crit)
b5:682562 (Max Rolls 24%Elem, 48-60Cold,1-100Light, 15%Spd, 100%Crit)
Last edited by Falcyon on Jan 30, 2019, 5:54:09 PM
Hi guys i started this char 4 days ago
And spend like 15 ex
Now have 1k chaos
Plz give some advice to make my char better
(Forgot to tell have a baaad problem with mana and mana regain)
And for requires took 2 x30 int and 2 x30 str
"
babak4121 wrote:
Hi guys i started this char 4 days ago
And spend like 15 ex
Now have 1k chaos
Plz give some advice to make my char better
(Forgot to tell have a baaad problem with mana and mana regain)
And for requires took 2 x30 int and 2 x30 str

Looking at your character, the only advice that can be given is to follow this build. You have a totally incorrect Tree. Why so?
Do you think Ice Golem with Blind Support, and CoH + Herald of Ice + Assasin's Mark + Blind will improve the survivability of this build? The sockets seem to be there anyway...

(I use the iiq support on my 6l lightning arrow, not on HoI)
Last edited by Falcyon on Feb 6, 2019, 5:32:40 PM
What should I be looking for on jewels? I think I have descent gear but the jewels I just don't know.
Hi there!

Really keen to find a full MF character that can farm T16s.

I am a noob player trying to farm my first headhunter in Tower maps.

I have so far tried a Deadeye TS and Deadeye Scourge Arrow, such as the one below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HvC5EceFyU

It was ok but I found I was dying a lot, especially to syndicates that are sometimes hard to avoid.

Also tried a MF version of Elementalist WinterOrb but no luck.

So thats the background, now my questions :)
1) What would you say is the min budget to farm t16s comfortably? Do I need GG gear to do T16s on full MF?

2) One other MF build I have not tried is Elemental Hit. Looking at another guide, it can't do Windripper so it loses that quant. But wondering how that build compares to this one in terms of damage vs survivability vs speed?

3) Can this guide be used as a league starter? I normally go arc miner saboteur then level a ranger after clearing the whole atlas but I prefer not having to reroll.

4) Can I swap Lightning Arrow for Tornado Shot if I want? I think TS has better clear speed and damage, especially once you get enchants? But of course more pricey like that.

Thank you in advance for helping me get my first headhunter!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info