3.5 Magic Find Windrippin Boi (Windripper LA/Barrage Raider)

"
manofthelaw3 wrote:

Queen of the forest was nerfed in 3.5

Now grants 1% increased Movement Speed per 600 (up from 450) evasion Rating, up to 75% (down from 100%).
This affects all versions of the item.

If i check on POB. It just make us loosing 3% of move speed.. So idk where's the nerf...
Last edited by ghosbp on Jan 21, 2019, 7:09:24 PM
Hi. Started this build yesterday but still don't have enough time to level it and reach mapping with it so I'm basically lurking in PoB and exploring options. I would like to ask - why don't we use mirage archer? Normally it is considered a very strong support in most bow builds for clearing. Can I use it in my setup instead of increased critical strikes or any other gem?
Which maps do we have to actually farm in order to maximize our profits?
And one last question - would we lose much dps/survivability if we pick deadeye as our ascendancy and does it mean many changes to the skilltree?
Last edited by Spasko on Jan 23, 2019, 8:13:15 AM
hi.. i want to use Watcher's Eye and i dont know which is best.. and i die a lot so can u give me some advice ?
"
Bore_Lee wrote:
hi.. i want to use Watcher's Eye and i dont know which is best.. and i die a lot so can u give me some advice ?

You need to have assassin's mark - curse on hit connected to HoI so you curse them when they shatter. You are literally cursing nobody now. And if you die a lot maybe it's better to use life or some other kind of defensive flask instead of Vessel of Vinktar that shocks you and your version is very bad (provides no flat lightning damage to attacks). So either drop it for a defensive flask or get a better version of itself.
ok. ty for info i changed .. what about Watcher's Eye which is best ?
To anyone interested following this build, bear in mind that its sometimes its weak at high tiers as it barely makes it to 5500 life. Though its great as an mf build, and farming t11 maps works swift and easy,it's still a playstyle of glass cannon. You will often get one/two-shotted even with simple T14 map and incursions rolls. So you might want to use an already levelled ranger (near 95) if you want to enjoy endgame without dying several times. Otherwise, you'll need to rework your gear/playstyle to lvl at 92+. I even consider dropping Point Blank for a while. It's no use to facetank high level mobs/bosses that one-shot you. And that lvl 9 cwdt+ic, make it lvl 1.
One good answer would be to follow a non-mf, tankier raider build if you want to level your character to 95, though I dont see many endgame raiders in 3.5. All these in the case you have the desire to farm hard rolled maps or do high level incursion and endgame content without dying. If you just want to farm burial chambers, this build works great.
I made the mistake to play this build. I have all my gear, 6links, all the jewels, and all 20/20 MFed to the max. I hate getting 1 shot by syndicates, red-beasts, and poison/chaos/off-screen range/ attacks.

Tornado Shot with Drillneck: dps is 114k.
Ice Shot with Drillneck: dps 169k.
Barrage: 895k.

Swapping to a rare non-shape bow would increase dps by about 10k to the AOE and make the Barrage closer to 1million.

Running around with 4k life is dreadful when things dont die fast enough, movement speed is low due to 45k evasion, and you cant get into corrupted maps without a carry to do all the work.

I dont see it possible to get to 200k dps on tornado shot with WindRipper and MF gear. A better choice for me would have been to play a stronger build in order to do all content without dying in 1 hit. My friend already got a headhunter from drops that he got off uber elder. He did that in less time that it did for me to start farming some tier 10's to get my 6th exalt.

Same character, replacing MF gear, I can see 1.5million dps on barrage. Yet with 4k life, there is no hope.

"
LovelyNella wrote:
I made the mistake to play this build. I have all my gear, 6links, all the jewels, and all 20/20 MFed to the max. I hate getting 1 shot by syndicates, red-beasts, and poison/chaos/off-screen range/ attacks.

Tornado Shot with Drillneck: dps is 114k.
Ice Shot with Drillneck: dps 169k.
Barrage: 895k.

Swapping to a rare non-shape bow would increase dps by about 10k to the AOE and make the Barrage closer to 1million.

Running around with 4k life is dreadful when things dont die fast enough, movement speed is low due to 45k evasion, and you cant get into corrupted maps without a carry to do all the work.

I dont see it possible to get to 200k dps on tornado shot with WindRipper and MF gear. A better choice for me would have been to play a stronger build in order to do all content without dying in 1 hit. My friend already got a headhunter from drops that he got off uber elder. He did that in less time that it did for me to start farming some tier 10's to get my 6th exalt.

Same character, replacing MF gear, I can see 1.5million dps on barrage. Yet with 4k life, there is no hope.

You will not have 4k life if you get a real amulet, gloves, boots and rings. MF builds are designed to farm a specific map (usually a low tier one) hundreds if not thousands of times, they are not reliable to clear endgame content. I also play this build and die a lot but I know why and it's definitely not because it's bad or its author invented it in a poor way. It's just the nature of the build. If you want to farm guardians/shaper/Uelder you need to pick a strong build that uses close to 0 MF gear unless you are some prodigy at the game.
Last edited by Spasko on Jan 25, 2019, 8:21:48 AM
Even if I swap out gear to rares and darkray vectors, I will not have enough HP to live 1 touch from syndicates or bosses. Other builds are starting to make sense like Chaos DoT and Spell Casters who use MF gear and can farm Tier16's. I just want to make it clear that the AOE damage is so low that you cant kill any real bosses without standing still and using Barrage, which will get you 1 shot.

This style of MF should be avoided during this league because while you can still farm everything under Red Maps (not all bosses), you will get 1 shot by Betrayal mechanics. My Tabula Armageddon Brand which can just AOE the floor and run away, killing 3 or 4 Syndicate members in safety.
I think the build maker, made it crystal clear that in the league you'll get a heavily nerfed version. It's for Standard players that this build works nice and mainly using legacy items. And, its an mf build. Not an endgame build. You should make some generous sacrifices in the +iiq gear to properly get the hope to run endgame safely. In poe, especially in standard league, players tend to create spacialized characters. One for mf farming, one other for lab farming etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info