[3.12] KissMeQuick's Gladiator Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & A8 Sirus Deathless — Starter friendly

"
Ikariusrb wrote:
Just wanted to stop by and say... I've hit 1.2M DPS with this build... without yet picking up taste of hate. Went on a bit of a spending spree today, picked up my 2-socket tombfists and a much higher DPS amulet, and punched the DPS way up. Thanks again, @kissmequick.

Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
So, like I said KissMe, I rerolled Glad, and it's wonderful, but I havnt ironed out a couple things. First off, I'm using Surrender as opposed to dual wielding. What would you think ( in the shield, Reckoning procing on block) of PCOC, COH, Assassins mark? Or should it be Vulnerability? My BF crit chance without power charges is currently 45.5%.

As far as Warlords mark....Life leech isn't really a problem between 1.2 in the tree and 1.2 from Blood Rage. I'm using a jewel with .4% mana leech on it for mana. Using a red nightmare to block cap.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 30, 2018, 3:17:59 PM
I figured I'd write up a few of the things I didn't really "get" when starting in on this build for anyone else trying to follow it. I'm sure a lot of this is obvious to experienced players, but I jumped back into PoE after a multi-year break late this season, so I had a lot of mechanic re-learning, and new types of items/mods to learn about.

Don't underestimate the value of flat phys damage- even an average of 4 flat phys can add a few percent DPS for you. You can get flat phys on rings, amulet (a lot on ammy), and on abyssal jewels (which you should have in your belt, and eventually in tombfist gloves)

The damage trifecta for your amulet is high flat phys (average 12+), crit mult (can be up to 38%), and %physical gained as element (goes up to 20%). It may have been just when I was looking, but finding dual-element mods was very hard- but good rolls of all 3 of those stats will be a huge DPS boost. Here's the ammy I ended up with:

I'm not a huge fan of "on kill" gem mods, other than onslaught- because when you're mapping, the trash mobs generally die incredibly quickly anyhow. The time you really want high DPS is for bosses, and you're unlikely to be able to keep those buffs from "on kill" during boss fights. "On crit" "if you've been hit recently", "on hit" do all remain useful and sustained.

In terms of crit chance/crit mult, a quick rule of thumb is to prioritize whichever is lower between crit chance and 1/10 crit mult- i.e. if you've got 58% crit chance and 300% crit mult, crit mult will be more valuable until you get past 580% crit mult. Based on the passive tree, you'll almost always prefer crit mult to crit chance- except on your main hand weapon, because any crit chance on that becomes the base against which all other crit chance % applies.

Prioritize your passive tree gem slots as soon as you can. Gems with life (flat on abyssal and % on non-abyssal) and two damage mods are pretty easy to pick up.

Get Path of Building and poe trade item copy (https://github.com/fikal/PoeTradeItemCopy), and take a look at how items perform in your build before you buy. Trade item copy adds a "copy" link to poe.trade, which allows you to paste items in on the item page of PoB and see how they will affect you.

Don't presume you've got to spend a ton of your budget on weapons. I've reached 1.2M DPS with two very inexpensive weapons- I think I spent 1 exalt total for the two of them. % area damage is an offhand shaped mod that affects your damage (along with %phys damage gained as element). My MH outperforms many higher pDPS weapons because it carries a ton of flat accuracy, and a good roll on %crit chance, despite being a regular sword and not a foil. Again- evaluating with PoB and trade copy helps you find a weapon that performs well. Here's what I ended up with for budget-rate weapons:

I believe that "Razor's Edge" and the two passive nodes leading to it are the lowest DPS nodes in KissMeQuick's tree. I de-prioritized those for life nodes.

I'm going to offer a counter-opinion to KissMeQuick's assertion that armor and evade aren't very important- If you happen to be fortunate enough to have an aura-bot friend, having at least a decent base of armor and evasion for the auras to boost is.... pretty powerful. I'd be exceedingly reluctant to give up my high-armor astral plate chest or my Starkonja. And along with that, I really dislike iron reflexes. With my aurabot friend, I reach 71% estimated phys reduction from armor and I think 48% evasion, which is pretty ridiculous defense combined with ~50% block.

For a really really rough estimate of gear cost- I think I spent ~20 ex total on my gear- and 9 ex of that was my 6L astral plate chest with %life gained on kill. The next most expensive items were amulet and two-abyssal slot tombfists. My characters are public if you want to look through any of the rest of my items- but most of them are nothing special.

I think that pretty much covers it- hope someone finds this helpful. Kissmequick's been friggin amazing with answering questions and reviewing gear. Many many kudos to him for the time and effort he's put into this.

Last edited by Ikariusrb on Jan 30, 2018, 3:28:12 PM
First of all, SCREEN KISSED. LOL

Secondly, thanks for your long reply. I was surprised and I can see you really know your build.

I haven't done shopping for abyss jewel yet. That's why it 9/11d your eyes. I tried but hard to find the right ones.

Upgraded some of my rings. It was my leveling rings that were shit. I got some pretty good rings IMO. I want youuuuuuuuu as the owner of this build to say a few words about it.

Need some comments about my weapons too. Sorry for asking too much :D

Abyss jewels, jewels and only amulet left now. Will update later!
Last edited by shazzer125 on Jan 30, 2018, 4:02:33 PM
"
Ikariusrb wrote:

The damage trifecta for your amulet is high flat phys (average 12+), crit mult (can be up to 38%), and %physical gained as element (goes up to 20%). It may have been just when I was looking, but finding dual-element mods was very hard- but good rolls of all 3 of those stats will be a huge DPS boost. Here's the ammy I ended up with:

Amulets like that are completely totally retardedly expensive and unrealistic to pursue, for most of us.
"
So, like I said KissMe, I rerolled Glad, and it's wonderful, but I havnt ironed out a couple things. First off, I'm using Surrender as opposed to dual wielding. What would you think ( in the shield, Reckoning procing on block) of PCOC, COH, Assassins mark? Or should it be Vulnerability? My BF crit chance without power charges is currently 45.5%.

As far as Warlords mark....Life leech isn't really a problem between 1.2 in the tree and 1.2 from Blood Rage. I'm using a jewel with .4% mana leech on it for mana. Probably going to get Atziri gloves so ya. Trying to sort out my best option/s.

Whew! Looks a little bit messy but I'll try my best!

The shield set up looks legit I don't think I'd change anything. Vulnerability is kinda useless because you already gain half of the effects from your current set up. Although it has a juicy increased damage taken mod, it's smarter to use curses as charge generators / specific debuff appliers since the all othre effects are drastically lowered for targets who actually cause trouble( Shaper, bosses etc.)

The above answers your thoughts on Warlords mark as well.
I feel like skills wise you're pretty much good to go.

Although I'd change passive tree up a little bit. Here's my quick take on it to level 93 - https://pastebin.com/upyNaMan
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
@DamageIncorporated - that ammy is the 2nd most expensive bit in my build, but it only ran me 3.5 ex, and there was a similar one up for 4 ex (I didnt catch him online). Some people overprice items in hopes of catching a whale. I'd also expect an ammy like that to be a late upgrade; go for one with two of the three big damage stats earlier on.

@shazzer125 - looked around at your stuff a bit, I noticed some things in your tree; if you pull out "Razor's edge" and the 2 nodes before it, and pull out "Path of the Warrior" and the life node prior to it, you'd be 1 passive point shy of what you need to get Heartseeker and another jewel node just below it. I think you could get substantially more DPS and about the same life out of those nodes. Your offhand is very nice, I wouldnt change that at all. Your mainhand is probably underperforming a bit because it's got no built-in crit chance, though the pickings for good pDPS swords right now look awfully expensive. The jewels in your passive tree I looked at looked mostly serviceable, though the abyssals you've got definitely can be upgraded. I only spent a few C (1-10 each) on my abyssals, so that's a very inexpensive upgrade for you. The steel ring with dual flat phys is definitely nice
Last edited by Ikariusrb on Jan 30, 2018, 5:00:00 PM
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Although I'd change passive tree up a little bit. Here's my quick take on it to level 93 - https://pastebin.com/upyNaMan

That's precisely how I was doing it XD
"
Ikariusrb wrote:
@DamageIncorporated - that ammy is the 2nd most expensive bit in my build, but it only ran me 3.5 ex, and there was a similar one up for 4 ex (I didnt catch him online). Some people overprice items in hopes of catching a whale. I'd also expect an ammy like that to be a late upgrade; go for one with two of the three big damage stats earlier on.

when I looked they were like 20 exa+. ( crit multi, flat phys, extra dmg as fire/cold Just compleeeeeetely overpriced. I was like welp, so much for that. But your suggestion is legit. Just wish people weren't so douchey with pricing.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 30, 2018, 5:20:47 PM
"
Ikariusrb wrote:

I believe that "Razor's Edge" and the two passive nodes leading to it are the lowest DPS nodes in KissMeQuick's tree. I de-prioritized those for life nodes.

I'm going to offer a counter-opinion to KissMeQuick's assertion that armor and evade aren't very important- If you happen to be fortunate enough to have an aura-bot friend, having at least a decent base of armor and evasion for the auras to boost is.... pretty powerful. I'd be exceedingly reluctant to give up my high-armor astral plate chest or my Starkonja. And along with that, I really dislike iron reflexes. With my aurabot friend, I reach 71% estimated phys reduction from armor and I think 48% evasion, which is pretty ridiculous defense combined with ~50% block.

I think that pretty much covers it- hope someone finds this helpful. Kissmequick's been friggin amazing with answering questions and reviewing gear. Many many kudos to him for the time and effort he's put into this.

Nice to see more helping hands around (: Good read!

Yeah regarding passive tree, I feel like this is a build that uses all passive points very well and even I have difficulty finding points to sacrifice or prioritize over others. Razor's Edge is nice because of the +1 range while you still have +2.2% damage increase which is quite close to some other points as well but I do see it as a potential sacrifice.

EDIT : ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The +1 range doesn't affect Reave, my bad. Seems like it is the best part to sacrifice after all!

The reason why I pointed out that armor and evasion aren't very important is because not very experienced players might get anxious when choosing gear. It's definitely something that shouldn't be ignored but should not be a priority as well. I personally got my chest with some nice armor as well because of it.

Thank you for the compliments (:

"

That's precisely how I was doing it XD

When I looked they were like 20 exa+. ( crit multi, flat phys, extra dmg as fire/cold Just compleeeeeetely overpriced. I was like welp, so much for that. But your suggestion is legit. Just wish people weren't so douchey with pricing.

If that's how you were going to build it then you've got a very nice build in your hands! This is beyond hardcore viable (:
I don't see any quick & obvious changes on sight, except for simply improving the gear.

I also sold these ammys for 20+ EX but also the bases were very rare then and not many were available. 3-5 EX is a very realistic price for them now. If you don't see any up immediately, have some patience.
Also there is nothing douchey about prices, everything is based on demand and difficulty. If you see that the prices are too high, you can craft one yourself as well. There is no secret formula, it's all chaos spam.

Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Jan 30, 2018, 6:09:51 PM
"
shazzer125 wrote:
First of all, SCREEN KISSED. LOL

Secondly, thanks for your long reply. I was surprised and I can see you really know your build.

I haven't done shopping for abyss jewel yet. That's why it 9/11d your eyes. I tried but hard to find the right ones.

Upgraded some of my rings. It was my leveling rings that were shit. I got some pretty good rings IMO. I want youuuuuuuuu as the owner of this build to say a few words about it.

Need some comments about my weapons too. Sorry for asking too much :D

Abyss jewels, jewels and only amulet left now. Will update later!

My pleasure!

Abyss jewels are quite a bit about personal preference as well. As an example Ikarius doesn't prefer on kill effects but I do simply because I see them proc quite often through Boss adds and also Writhing Jar. See what suits you best from the list or what has the best prices and pop them in! Also try to get on kill as highest rolls, they don't have tiers as far as I know.

Yeah, your jewellery seems very serviceable now.

It looks to me that you're on the right path now and all that you have left now is to get some levels and start spoiling yourself with more luxurious purchases : = ]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info