PC servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .

Is there a viable necromancer build for HC Shadow?

Been wanting to play as necro but dont really want to do another class. Is it possible to be competitive with a shadow?
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2018, 3:17:20 AM
Anyone?
I'll do everyone else a favor by answering this.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Necromancer is a witch build. A Shadow will never ascend into a Necromancer no matter how many times you slap Izaro. Or else I'd have asked for my Ranger to turn into a Berserker already.

Longer answer: It's hard enough playing in HC, trying to get enough defense while not sacrificing too much offense. Shadow offers neither. It's in a poor spot on the tree defensively in the current meta (ES nerfed, least access to Life of all classes). Assassin provides no offensive OR defensive bonuses for a minion build. Likewise with Saboteur. Trickster provides a bit of sustain defensively (mana, more ES, dodge) and nothing else.

Minion builds generally scale damage with passive tree nodes/jewels with stacking auras to boost offense and defense. Necromancer and Guardian are both classes that synergize powerfully with auras, giving extra bonuses with using auras. Necromancer especially provides even more minion damage on top of what's available on tree. Both are in better locations for quickly picking up aura, life/es, and minion damage on tree without having to path across the tree. Hipster builds don't tend to pan out on HC. Maybe SC viable.
Thanks for the answer! Its not meant to be hipster, i enjoy my shadow. Alright, seen as i wont have fun or probably wont play the game, ill stick with shadow, seen some nice builds necromancer builds that go for the shadow tree.

That said, is there any ascedancy that would sinergize some for the shadow?
Last edited by Invincible1946 on Jan 5, 2018, 11:11:08 AM
You will -really- not have a good time without the necromancer ascendancy benefits....

None of the shadow ascendancies benefit it in any way. Trickster would be the only one helpful simply because it has two nodes that will actually do something for you, and not much.
hi i wanted to ask something could anyone please show me a good starting build for a necromancer/summoner (archetype not ascendancy) shadow? its not for competitive play or anything but for normal or standard mode, i would really appreciate it
WTF you guys are on? Shadow doesnt have nercomancer ascendancy and in case you are talking about minion build, shadow basicaly cant play minion builds unless you want soemthing like totem or balista, which has nothing to do with necro of any meaning.
dude we know that what we were asking was is there was any viable build for a Shadow that uses skeletons, zombies or spectres (hence the "necromancer" theme), we KNOW that the "Necromancer" ascendancy is Witch only, we just wanted a minion build were we could use the "necromancy" theme(keyword here buddy), don't need to be an ass about it.
Last edited by marcialhd on Feb 11, 2018, 10:44:43 PM
You could play around with saboteur and conversion trap perhaps, but as everyone else says, just play a witch if you want to summon, it is built for it.
I guess you can make it with tricskter , since he has +250 flat es , Lowlife has better survability.
no longer playing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info