[3.1] Oni-Goroshi, pure fire damage Frost Blade build, 110% fire pen with Flask on

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the release of Oni-Goroshi, many builds for Charan's blade was released, and this is a fast clearing frost blade build, based on Oni-Goroshi.
Oni-Goroshi gives tones of physical damage added, and here embrace gives 123% of your physical damage as fire damage.
With the side affects of Her embrace, I chose purity of Fire, simply increases my maximum fire resistances, which seems did pretty well after all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The core of the build, is to convert all the physical damage to fire damage.

60% physical into ice by Frost blade gem, and 100% converted by cold to fire support and Xoph's Blood.
40% physical directly converted to fire by Xoph's blood.

And for tones of fire penetration, I chose some expensive fancy things, which is not necessary.
It will be explained later below.

Char ID : CharansFrostBlade_Kappa

Char

For now, My char is lvl 88, and capable for doing 580K DPS on POB, and having 5.6K HP (with terrible abyss jewels, could be 6K if changed most of them into 40~50 hp jewels).
95% FLAT FIRE PENETRATION WITHOUT FLASK

Equipment choosing

Spoiler

This build requires a few unique items.

Oni-Gorogshi Charan's Blade, giving all the DPS u need.

Picture

Oskarm Nubuck Gloves, giving your projectile the ability to curse when hit, boosts your damage a lot, and provide power charges.

Picture

Xoph's Blood.

The key which made all this works, convert your damage into only fire damage.

Picture

And the rest are optional.

I chose Shroud of the Lightless Carnal armor, for 37% element penetration, with lvl 20 fire penetration, its 74% Fire penetration total.
and gives a stock for abyss jewels.

picture

Also

Bubonic Trail Murder Boots.
giving 30% movement speed, and an abyss jewel stock.
increases 40% damage while all types of abyss jewels are affecting you.

Spoiler

Of course, belly of the beast, or Kaom's Heart provides more hp than Shroud of the Lightless, Kaom's heart even has fire damage, which is perfect for this build, but every man has a dream of 100%+ penetrations, do thay?

Rest of your gear should be chosen with these following mods.

Helm - HP > Resistances > armor/Evation.
Belt - WED > HP > Resistances > Armor/Evation.
Ring - WED > HP > Resistances > add Fire damage to attacks > Accuracy rating.

For Ascendancy, I chose Assassin, and Chieftain, one is perfect for all Crit builds, and another gives me tones of fire damage, and some hp regen while totem is on.

Skill/Link

Skill

5L Body : Frost blade, Cold to fire, Elemental damage with attack, Multistrike, Fire penetration(For fun)/Melee physical damage(single target boss)/ Ancestral Call (Map clearing, and safe boss fighting).

6L Weapon : Ancient Warchief, Melee physical damage, Concentrated Effect, Increased Critical Damage, Increased Critical Strike Chance/Culling Strike(For boss fight), Elemental Focus(Totem ignites won't trigger here embrace).

3L Boots : Whirling blades, Fast attack, Fortify.

4L Gloves : Purity of Fire, Anger, Empower, Enlighten.

4L Helm : Immortal Call, Cast while damage taken, Increased duration, Vaal Lighting trap.

Jewels

Always abyss jewels, with as much Fire damage as you could, and some hp.
Rest are all optional.

Flasks:
Spoiler

Divine Life Flask - instant recovery, saves your ass all the time.
The Wise Oak - More Fire penetration is better than nothing.
Diamond Flask - better chances to crit.
Stibnite Flask - Fine evasion and blind your enemy.
Quartz Flask - I just don't wanna get stuck in monsters.

I also got immune from cures, freeze, and bleeding effects from the following three flask.
Even though her embrace has immune to freeze, sometimes when ur not in her embrace, it would be a possibility for u getting freezed out of something, a back up is better than nothing.

Tips and Q&A

Tips for leveling before 70 with Oni-Goroshi
Spoiler
Just use life flaks for the fire damage caused by her embrace. leveling around 45~55 will be the most tough of all, after than, everything is ez

Tips for fighting monsters which are not able to ignite
Kappa
Why don't you try Vaal Breach?

Why not using Slayer but Chieftain?
Huge salt here

TBH, chosing Slayer is just pointless for Oni-Goroshi builds, now Slayer doesn't get maximum leach per sec, only able to leach after full health, but if you aren't in combat, press x and switch would cancel her embrace directly.
Getting more DPS or defense would be a better choice.

Already got a video for T11, but will update another video soon just for sharing.

notcie me
Build of the Week notice me plz :P.
Last edited by evanlin5168 on Jan 10, 2018, 11:54:02 PM
Last bumped on Jan 25, 2018, 8:21:13 AM
how about use wildstrike instead?
Wild strike converts all physical damages, but into three different types of elements.
it's pretty nice for Oni-Goroshi builds, and might work perfectly with Shroud of the Lightless.
With wild strike, you won't need to convert them all by Xoph's blood, and giving another socket for damage instead of cold into fire support, would save a lot of currency, but still its not what I'm trying to build though :D
Anyway, dat might work :D.
Last edited by evanlin5168 on Jan 3, 2018, 4:20:48 PM
W8ing for the video))
Your build looks good)
Guild Leader "The Hand" <Hand>
I dont see much point in focusing purely on FB, you can have blade flurry or molten strike in offhand sharans dealing 3 times more damage, while having ancestral call on frost blades for clearing without gem swapping. Also, you are wrong about totems, they trigger her blessing for themselves on ignite
Vaal Pact is dead, long live Vaal Pact!
Last edited by Kek_is_love on Jan 6, 2018, 9:46:22 AM
is that your total damage with crit?

like 580k when you crit

or

580k multiplying with crit?

"
juneyin wrote:
is that your total damage with crit?

like 580k when you crit

or

580k multiplying with crit?

Thats the damage calculated by POB :)
Which means including crits, cn do 580K average damage per second.
"
Kek_is_love wrote:
I dont see much point in focusing purely on FB, you can have blade flurry or molten strike in offhand sharans dealing 3 times more damage, while having ancestral call on frost blades for clearing without gem swapping. Also, you are wrong about totems, they trigger her blessing for themselves on ignite

Well, chose Blade Flurry loses 50% of physical damage directly if using Xoph's Blood, With my shitty items calculated on POB, it does 542K dmg on 6 stages without flask, 739K while releasing.

Gem choosing, Blade Flurry + concentrated effect + Fire penetration + elemental damage with attacks + Melee physical damage.
I tired Chance to ignite and sorts, but this is the highest DPS vs Shaper I could made without any flasks.

Ofc, If I changed my flasks for DPS, BOTH BF or FB is capable of 1 mil DPS, but during the whole boss fight, flasks can't be always on, that is why I don't like calculating FULL dps with flasks.
Showing then instead the ones without flask is just lying to people.

And, I'm not a fan of Blade Flurry, even though it's just broken as **** after all, Blade Flurry is never considered in my gameplay.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason I'm not doing molten strike is kinda stupid though :D
Coz I don't like how it looks :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for the totem part, it's my mistaken.
What I really mean is totems can't ignite enemies for you, to gain embrace for you.
But still as you said so, they could gain embrace for themselves.

Concentrated effect should be better for elemental concentration, because they could gain embrace for themselves, I'll change it from my post :D

Thanks anyway :D
"
nikolasun wrote:
W8ing for the video))
Your build looks good)

The video has been updated :D

You can find some other videos in my channel also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzrMZseUoaE
Last edited by evanlin5168 on Jan 10, 2018, 11:55:38 PM
"
evanlin5168 wrote:
"