F the labyrinth

"
KiadawP wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
Labyrinth is loathsome not fun content for many people. This is a very sad statement for such a great game. Anything that GGG can do to make labyrinth less loathsome will improve the game tremendously. GGG has made many great enhancements to the game since the labyrinth release at significant development cost. Yet the game is inferior today to the day before the labyrinth release, at least in my opinion.

Exactly. In your opinion. And we have ours, and we have all voiced it about a thousand times now. Is that not enough? How many thousands more times do you have to repeat the same lines before you finally get the point?

If I didn't know better, I'd wager you're a bot at this point.

You voiced your view a thousand times, so why are you still here. 1/5 of the post here is by you!

Because every time I post, someone has to reply to it, which begs further discussion. A concept not unknown to a forum, mind you. I'm just a pretty popular guy, I guess. ;)

I did say everyone of us, on both sides of the argument have repeated themselves as much, if you read my post at all. The entire topic is just so watered-down, like a couple of old men bickering among each other, saying only the same old stubborn things or exactly what the public wants to hear.

...politics in Wraeclast?
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Jan 12, 2018, 3:06:07 AM
Labrynth is one of my favorite things about the game. Everyone has their preference. . . but for those who hate it, there are so many players that offer lab service. Some people even just do it free. Most of the time you can find it being offered in Sarn on the noticeboards. Also ask in chat for someone to carry you through. People are willing to help all the time.
"
ThunderBiome wrote:
Labrynth is one of my favorite things about the game. Everyone has their preference. . . but for those who hate it, there are so many players that offer lab service. Some people even just do it free. Most of the time you can find it being offered in Sarn on the noticeboards. Also ask in chat for someone to carry you through. People are willing to help all the time.

Sry, i don't need their assistance; i am a Pro Mario Player. I just hate that mario shit ruined my favourite game.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
ThunderBiome wrote:

Sry, i don't need their assistance; i am a Pro Mario Player. I just hate that mario shit ruined my favourite game.

Cool story, bro.

"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
ThunderBiome wrote:

Cool story, bro.

Have we all just been trolled?
"
ThunderBiome wrote:
Have we all just been trolled?

To whom do you refer?

Agree. It's a chore. Not fun at all. Annoying even. These are my opinions.

Maybe remove traps. Remove doors that block progress. More open layout (rename it something other than Layrinth). Make it shorter. Make it less tedious.
"
MSPAHZgORN wrote:

Maybe remove traps. Remove doors that block progress. More open layout (rename it something other than Layrinth). Make it shorter. Make it less tedious.

and destroy it for the ppl that like the current lab.
cant belive how stubborn and egoistic the lab haters are. The lab doesnt take much more than 15min everytime if you do it slower and without sideareas,but ofc lets destroy it since running it once is to much to ask.
"
ciel289 wrote:
"
MSPAHZgORN wrote:

and destroy it for the ppl that like the current lab.
cant belive how stubborn and egoistic the lab haters are. The lab doesnt take much more than 15min everytime if you do it slower and without sideareas,but ofc lets destroy it since running it once is to much to ask.
Your concern about what may happen if lab changes further because so many people continue to dislike / hate it is well founded.

For reasons that often make good commercial sense, GGG frequently takes the easy path for fixing issues and the simplest response to the closing-in-on-two-years of continuous negative feedback about lab is to make it even easier (again) in ways that detract from the enjoyment of some.

A better solution would have been for GGG to provide an alternative way of attaining ascendancies, one that puts in traps only as an environmental hazard, as is usual for ARPGs, and that doesn't involve running around in an irritating long maze looking for cheese.

I still favor a "trial by combat" way of deciding the next emperor, with the gods involved and so you have an opportunity to earn ascendancy by getting some of their power when you defeat them. This would be kind of like Pantheon, only with a bigger power bump from the exercise. And, unlike the current lore for lab, trial by combat actually kind of makes sense for picking an emporer.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Jan 12, 2018, 8:11:40 AM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
ThunderBiome wrote:

Sry, i don't need their assistance; i am a Pro Mario Player. I just hate that mario shit ruined my favorite game.

Exactly this!

Prior to the release of labyrinth, I remember thinking, "Wow, I really love this game! My favorite game of all time. I thought it was perfect but GGG keeps making it better and better and better. I wasn't too sure about this online game concept previous to PoE but it's great! My favorite game just keeps getting better and better."

After release of labyrinth, I remember thinking, "What is this crap? My favorite game of all time has disappeared somehow. I wish I could uninstall this nonsense and reinstall the old release. Crap, I gave GGG enough money to buy 10 games and now I have zero games to play for it. This online game concept is bad. I never imagined that GGG would ruin my favorite game of all time like this!"

Maybe remove traps. Remove doors that block progress. More open layout (rename it something other than Labyrinth). Make it shorter. Make it less tedious.

Thank you for sharing your valued opinion. This is the first time you have apparently voiced your opinion on the not fun loathsome labyrinth in this forum. Since people seem to recently be trying to tell me that my opinion is no longer valid on this matter because I've expressed it too many times, I just wanted to highlight your opinion because according to them your opinion must be more valuable than even theirs because it is apparently your first on this matter. BTW, I've added your name to the list of people that have voiced a similar opinion that I've seen in this feedback and suggestions forum. Over 360 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 960 posters in support

Everyone may now safely soak in the golden first expressed opinion of MSPAHZgORN on the labyrinth.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Jan 12, 2018, 9:49:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info