3.1 Jewel Reave w/ BladeFlurry

Introduction
This build uses two different skills Reave and Blade Flurry. Reave for mapping, and Blade Flurry for near instant deletion of dangerous bosses. A fast, high crit, elemental foil is the catalyst of our damage. It then scaled from crit, crit multi, IAS, WED , and the big one Abyss Jewels (hence RPie name) So far I've been able to do all content in the game, Shaper, Guardians, Elder, Chayula; basically the works and very comfortably I might add.

Videos - Will add more as we go here.
T15 Lava Lake - Mapping example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyhg1pjqoPo
T16 Chimera (forgot to use bloodrage on Chim, derp)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnfKFSiMX3g
T16 Hydra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-XapmBgav4

Path of Building
This POB opens with perfect condition dps on blade flurry. Which with my current gear nets about 3 million dps. I only use this number as a baseline reference for upgrades and node changes. I may reference this number in the guide however I do realize that I'm not walking into shaper and doing 3 million dps. In a realistic scenario against shaper or his guardians it calculates to about 2 million dps with realistic buffs, which feels pretty damn good.

Build Expense
Spoiler
I would say you could get very close to what I currently have equipped for around 20 exalted orbs, that includes 2 6 links! one of which gets to sit in your inventory for most of the time, so you don't need it right away.

I got extremely lucky with my current weapon, I purchased it for 3 exalts and then slammed t1 fire onto it. You can pick up a similar foil without fire or cold rolls for about 1 exalt with similar attack speed and crit chance. Using a weapon similar to this would only bring you down to 2.6million perfect condition dps on your blade flurry. Where mine currently sits at about 3mil.

Why Scion? Isn't it a garbage Ascendancy?
Spoiler
No it's actually pretty goddamn awesome exile.

I chose to play as the Ascendant for this character after feeling the sheer power of "life leech is not removed at full life" while playing a slayer character. I also wanted the base crit from Assassin and the convenient power change generation that it offers as well. The extra passive points that Ascendant gains from it's tree and the extra points you gain from less traveling nodes offered a nice boost to reach a few jewel sockets I would otherwise not be able to get.

Slayer & Leech Mechanics
This is an attempt to explain why life leech not being removed on full life is so powerful, and Slayer is not the end all be all for leeching.
So once your damage and attack speed reaches a certain point the stat "increased life leech per second" is useless. The maximum amount of life that can be leeched at one time is 20% of your maximum life per second. There are only two sources that can offer an increase to the maximum leech amount, one of which is Vaal Pact, and the other is Vitality Void, which all classes have access to.

The most powerful leech mechanic that Slayer offers (that scion has access to as well) is the effect "Life leech is not removed on full life". So without this trait say you're clearing through a map; you make it to a soul eater abyss bat. Your leech is floating you between 80% and 100% life, all of the sudden said bat comes from the depths and knocks you from 100% to 40%. Without this slayer mechanic your suddenly stuck at 40% life, most likely stunned with no life leech effects rolling (because you were already at 100% life, thus the leech instance stopped), you then take another smack and are dead. If you would have had "Life leech effects are not removed on full life" you would still have life leech effects rolling from previous leech instances that would've brought you back up to 100% or so and you'd still be alive. Another added bonus is that this trait allows you to comfortably run "damage on full life support" and blood rage while staying at max life while you have a few leech instances rolling.

Gear
Please reference the path of building for my current gear. I'll give a brief summary of what you're looking for here though.

Spoiler
Weapon - Fast Foil
2.0-attack speed
7.5+ crit chance
Lightning damage to attacks
Cold damage to attacks

Shield - Lycosidae
Best offhand in the game

Helmet - Craft it yourself
Evasion
Reave or Blade Flurry Damage
Max life 80+
Elemental Resistances

Body Armor
6L Carcass Jack - Reave
5L Shroud of the Lightless - BladeFlurry

Gloves - Tombfist 2 Abyss Socket
Insane gloves
Put a Murderous and Searching jewel in these.

Gloves Option #2 (More dps)
Tombfist 1 or 2 Abyss Jewel Corrupted w/ Level 12 Elemental Weakness on Hit

Boots - Rare
Max life 80+
Elemental Resistances
Movement Speed not needed but nice

Belt - Rare Sygian Vise
Max life 80+
Elemental resistances
Weapon elemental damage with attack skills

Amulet - Bisco's or Rare
Str
Int
Max Life
Wed
Multi
Crit Chance

Rings - Opals
Str (as needed)
Int (as needed)
Max life
Wed
Flat damage

Jewels -
There are two versions of jewels that I like to use one of which is pure damage and the other has a life roll. Try to get a nice balance of dps and health until you reach about 6k in your boss killing setup then focus on pure damage. You will also want one jewel that gives you 7% onslaught on kill for 4 seconds, this is generally enough to keep onslaught up while mapping.

Example 1
Lightning damage with attacks
Lightning damage with Sword attacks
Max life +30
8% increased attack speed if you've delt a critical strike recently

Example 2
Lightning damage with Sword attacks
cold damage with attacks
8% increased attack speed if you've delt a critical strike recently

Example 3
max life +30
8% chance to gain onslaught for 4 seconds on kill.

Gem Links

Please reference Path of Building as I made the gem setup pretty for you over there.

Spoiler
Carcass Jack - GBRRRR
Reave
Multistrike
Increased Area of Effect
Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
Damage on Full Life
Ruthless

Shroud of the Lightless - GBBRR
Blade Flurry
Damage on Full Life
Elemental Focus
Concentrated Effect

Helmet - GGRR
Whirling Blades (Shield Charge is faster if you have movement speed boots.)
Faster Attacks
Fortify
Blood Magic

Gloves - G B
Wrath
Herald of Ice

Boots - RRRB
Ancestral Protector
Ruthless
Elemental Focus

Weapon 1 - GGR
Increased Duration
Vaal Haste
Blood Rage

Weapon 2 - RRG
Cast when Damage taken LvL 3
Immortal Call LvL 5
Vaal Reave LvL 20

Leveling
Spoiler
This was the fastest character I've leveled all league, I chose to level with Cyclone.

Just grab as many jewel sockets as you can by level 40
Get triple or quad flat ele abyss jewels, put them in your shit.

Decent fast Foil
Lycosidae
Tabula Rasa
2 Abyss socket Belt
2 Abyss socket Tombfist
Thief's Torment
Movement Speed boots
4 Movement Speed potions of Movement speed.
Win.

Last edited by Zoso34 on Dec 31, 2017, 9:53:25 PM
Last bumped on Jan 28, 2018, 3:15:33 PM
Scion forums so empty :(
Anyway, very nice build you got there, seems solid all around. Too bad I just started with my Sunder Raider else I would've given this one a go, seems to have alot more OOMPH.
Hey there, your build looks great!
I'm thinking about playing this as my next character, but i've got a few questions.

1. Is there any particular reason for using Shroud for the BF setup?
2. What do you think about getting Tombfists(or any other gloves) with ele weakness on hit? Wouldn't that be a great damage boost since you're not running any curse in your gem setup.

1.) I chose to use Shroud mainly because of the synergy between it and all the jewels we stack. Secondly because as we start to peruse 10-20 ex jewelry we'll be looking for multiple flat ele damage rolls on them in addition to Wed. The Shroud is great for this since it penetrates all resistances instead of just lightning for example. Since Blade Flurry is only used for bosses we want to mitigate Shaper and his Guardian's 40% resistances.

2.) Excellent idea for ele weakness on hit Tombfist. I just punched the numbers into Path of building and it's roughly a 13% damage increase on Shaper with a single abyss socket Level 12 Elemental Weakness on hit Tombfist. However there aren't currently many available on Abyss. I think this is a nice piece to work towards.
I'm leveling this build currently and have a question

-Your PoB has onslaught turned on in the config, but I'm not seeing how you're getting it.
The single target damage VS Shaper seems to be about 1.7m after you turn off charges and onslaught, which is great, just wondering if you've tried/considered Raider ascendancy instead of Assassin, for the frenzy and onslaught during boss fights. (about a 230k dps increase with BF)(around 90k drop for Reave, however)
Just wondering about the feel of the fight more than anything, would love a vid x)

I am greatly enjoying leveling this so far, looking forward to mapping.
"
I'm leveling this build currently and have a question

-Your PoB has onslaught turned on in the config, but I'm not seeing how you're getting it.
The single target damage VS Shaper seems to be about 1.7m after you turn off charges and onslaught, which is great, just wondering if you've tried/considered Raider ascendancy instead of Assassin, for the frenzy and onslaught during boss fights. (about a 230k dps increase with BF)(around 90k drop for Reave, however)
Just wondering about the feel of the fight more than anything, would love a vid x)

I am greatly enjoying leveling this so far, looking forward to mapping.

I generally switch out Stibnite for Silver flask on Shaper.

If you're focusing on farming bosses with this build then Raider would probably be a better choice than assassin. But I tried to keep the build a little more "well rounded" between bossing and mapping. The 1.5% crit chance from assassin really helps boost you closer to 80% crit with a lucky flask on. This makes the shatter from herald of ice in maps feel a lot better, and clear speed more consistent.

That said there's a lot of small changes you can make to this build to customize it how you like. For example my original intentions with the build was a cyclone queen of the forest build for mapping. Eventually I ended up with Reave/Blade Flurry. At the moment I'm testing out a Molten strike setup and it's quite impressive. I'll try to update the guide a bit more this week once I get MS a little more fleshed out.
Is it viable option to run with full MF gear for T10/T9 maps with these build?
Just like speed farming strand or channels, but also wanna try reave.
Looks like you switch to blade vortex. So hows it going ? Currently playng BF version of your build.
But i would like to know how efficient bv is with the same gear.
Hi I'm new how do you jump your talents?
And where the tree of skills

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info