[3.x][Super Heavy Heavy Strike] 2H HS Jug - All Content

Using this build as mainly an Ulab runner ... my Ancestral Warchief just killed final Izaro by itself before I even really moved ... so proud.
idk how you have 2.5 M dps AOE damage when i have only 300k

check this in POB https://pastebin.com/jDn2bAQq
Last edited by loomysh on Oct 19, 2019, 9:38:03 AM
"
loomysh wrote:
idk how you have 2.5 M dps AOE damage when i have only 300k

check this in POB https://pastebin.com/jDn2bAQq

The posted POB was from an existing jug min maxed by Bolde85 (it looks like he respecced his char now :/ ), mine does more like 1.5mil aoe

About your char:
- Need to add a custom 59% more dmg on a flask for the Close Combat gem
- Need to fix flasks -> Lion's Roar, Silver Flask
- Pride can be ticked to "Max effect"
- Abyssus with 12% double dmg enchant
- Vaal Molten Shell + CWDT are better at lv1 (VMS can still be cast manually) + add lv5 vulnerability or assassin mark to the CWDT
- Add warbanner
- Tri/quad mod jewels
- A good amu can add more than an extra passive cluster, it can add like +20% dmg
- Couple missing clusters: Dismembering, Bladedancer. On my 98 jug i think i removed one jewel to add Brinkmanship for better aoe & clear

Here is an edited with the above: https://pastebin.com/uVRFZeXB
The rest is really about min maxing stats in the gear
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Oct 20, 2019, 9:10:58 AM
EDIT few days later: i'm still figuring out all the advice, and checking out the improved PoB build. seems like you spent quite some time on improving my char, thanks again!

thank you very much for detailed list of possible improvements, ZaeN
really appreciate it!

- that custom 59% more dmg on a flask.. i tried searching for it and i was not able to make a correct search on trade site
- i was told vaal molten shell does not work with CWDT, i'm clicking it manually though and i feel so much better with it
- i dont have enough mana for pride, blood stance and war banner.. feels like 2 hits with sword and i'm out of mana (so i removed war banner).. or is there something i'm missing here?
-good amulet and jewels are pricey but surely i will get to it
- missing clusters (Dismembering, Bladedancer).. i removed some damage to get more life, wanted all life nodes possible, i think i need more levels i'm only 92

i love this build so far, this jugg feels really powerful even with my lower damage, it still feels much more that what i had before

Last edited by loomysh on Oct 23, 2019, 12:13:20 PM
You think this is viable as berseker¿?
"
loomysh wrote:

- that custom 59% more dmg on a flask.. i tried searching for it and i was not able to make a correct search on trade site

Zaen meant to manually put 59% more damage on a flask in PoB to simulate the Close combat gem because PoB does not support this gem.
That was just for simulation on PoB. You won't have that flask in the game.

"
loomysh wrote:

- i was told vaal molten shell does not work with CWDT, i'm clicking it manually though and i feel so much better with it

The Vaal part of the skill has to be activated manually, but you can keep the gem in CWDT and the normal Molten shell from this gem will trigger when damage are taken.

I noticed you decided to level up your CWDT. We usually keep it lvl 1 to have it trigger more often. It still let you use Molten shell lvl 10, which is a 7.5K shield buff with Brassdome and no flask ups. The percentage from armor does not evolve with the gem level so given our huge base armor you don't gain much between Molten shell level 10 and level 20.

"
loomysh wrote:

- i dont have enough mana for pride, blood stance and war banner.. feels like 2 hits with sword and i'm out of mana (so i removed war banner).. or is there something i'm missing here?

With mana leech, Precision lvl1, and pride + blood stance + banner you should be ok.

Last solution is to use Enlighten gem with Pride and banner.

"
loomysh wrote:

- missing clusters (Dismembering, Bladedancer).. i removed some damage to get more life, wanted all life nodes possible, i think i need more levels i'm only 92

What you did is a good idea. As long as you want to levelup it's good to focus on defense. But you also need a decent amount of damage to clear fast and not get overwhelmed in combat.

So you can drop some life once:
- you have enough life on gear to compensate and stay at a good total life value that you feel confortable with
- you don't care about leveling anymore and dying from time to time is not a problem. Then you can drop a few life node to complete the damage wheel.
Last edited by Rootsmann on Oct 22, 2019, 10:49:58 AM
Good build but not worth the investments. Too many builds outshine this skill in various aspects.
"
Rootsmann wrote:

Zaen meant to manually put 59% more damage on a flask in PoB to simulate the Close combat gem because PoB does not support this gem.
That was just for simulation on PoB. You won't have that flask in the game.

Ooooh! that's the trick! Because I felt like my damage was actually higher, the monsters were dying nicely, it only didn't show up in PoB, cool. I will do that.

"
Rootsmann wrote:

The Vaal part of the skill has to be activated manually, but you can keep the gem in CWDT and the normal Molten shell from this gem will trigger when damage are taken.

So I can still have immortal call and normal molten shell? i will try that. I thought it resets all cooldowns of the guard skills. And that when i put it on the same gem, only the first guard skill gets activated, and all guard skills wait for refresh, then again only first one gets activated.

"
Rootsmann wrote:

I noticed you decided to level up your CWDT. We usually keep it lvl 1 to have it trigger more often. It still let you use Molten shell lvl 10, which is a 7.5K shield buff with Brassdome and no flask ups. The percentage from armor does not evolve with the gem level so given our huge base armor you don't gain much between Molten shell level 10 and level 20.

I kinda like the big pool of armor, 15 second duration of vaal version. I feel better when it only activates when i really need it so that way i know something is doing lots of damage and i jump away to safety. Triggering it every 2 seconds would bother me somehow, but still its a good tip and i will keep it in mind.

"
Rootsmann wrote:

With mana leech, Precision lvl1, and pride + blood stance + banner you should be ok. Last solution is to use Enlighten gem with Pride and banner.

I was thinking to swap pride for vulnerability, would that give me more damage? And it would be less mana reserver - pride reserves 50%, vulnerability only 35%

"
Rootsmann wrote:

What you did is a good idea. As long as you want to levelup it's good to focus on defense. But you also need a decent amount of damage to clear fast and not get overwhelmed in combat.
So you can drop some life once:
- you have enough life on gear to compensate and stay at a good total life value that you feel confortable with
- you don't care about leveling anymore and dying from time to time is not a problem. Then you can drop a few life node to complete the damage wheel.

Thanks for pointers and explanations, appreciate it!
So far the damage is very nice, I'm enjoying the maps.
"
loomysh wrote:

So I can still have immortal call and normal molten shell? i will try that. I thought it resets all cooldowns of the guard skills. And that when i put it on the same gem, only the first guard skill gets activated, and all guard skills wait for refresh, then again only first one gets activated.

I was not taking intoo account Immortal call. You are right, the two guard skills will not go well together because of the reason you mention.

I only talked about the interaction between Molten Shell and it's Vaal conterpart. If the Vaal gem is in the CWDT link, the normal version of the skill will be triggered by the CWDT while the Vaal part will be ready for manual trigger.

With Brassdome and juggernaut ascendy, normal molten shell is much more better than Immortal call. I ran the number while leveling this build and there is no contest. I advice to drop IC and keep MS.

"
loomysh wrote:

I was thinking to swap pride for vulnerability, would that give me more damage? And it would be less mana reserver - pride reserves 50%, vulnerability only 35%

Damage taken generally functions as a more multiplier if you have one source, however if you have multiple sources of INCREASED damage taken they add up to one value that then gets applied. Pride is a MORE so it should be the very last step after that, same as in damage dealt calculations.

In the build you have different source of INCREASED damage taken (helm, blood stance, Maim on blood stance or in totem), so the More will amplify all of them while the Increased will only be summed up to them.

The Maim part of Vulnerability will not stack with blood stance or other sources of Maim, only the highest will be aplied, so it's a void line here.

Finally, Blasphemy reserve only 35% of mana but at the cost of a gem slot, which we are hungry of. Plus, you lose the possibility of having a defensive curse on a CWDT setup.

As I told you I don't see how you get mana problem with pride and so on. all should fit nicely.

If you really want, you could put Vulnerability in a CWDT setup and have that on top of every offensive mechanism. I use Temporal chain though, as I like defensive aspects more.
so, i put vaal molten shell on CWDT along with vulnerability
removed immortal call, fixed some other issues
exactly as this build says (my fault is i dont follow exactly and then i end up doing something else)
well now i see how it all pays off

my aoe damage raised from 300k to 900k (with starkonja), with abyssus over 1 mil, but i die much more so i switched back to starkonja (with abyssus shaper killed me too easily, with starkonja it was much better)

and no, i dont hava mana issues, the leech on the skill tree is perfectly enough :)

well thank you for explaining me this build and for taking me through the details (which in this case were extra 600k dmg!) :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info