[3.x][Super Heavy Heavy Strike] 2H HS Jug - All Content

Cleaned OP a bit more and added a new section between "early mapping gear" and "final gear"

I realized now there was a big hole in there because simply i was doing my own method but many things may be helpful to everybody

"
To make things very simple i resumed endgame activities into the below points:

- Basic farming. This is what you do at the start of mapping, this is when you are underleveld and broken as f and need to get that 6L and those gear

- Exping. Either to reach 90 or to get past 95 you are focused on exping at some point and want to avoid rippy situations like rip mods and rip bosses

- Advanced farming. You got your gear straightened or you want to get uber bis gear, you will be doing some advanced farming like league exclusive content or high ilvl content.

(other activities like uberlab farming, delve, anything else can be done interchangeably at will)

Normally what I do every league is:
1. To get to lv85-90 to have a solid passive tree, by completing some Atlas (see below), and then:
2. To get back to basic farming until i got good life on gear and the 6L. (this is the painful step so far for me)
3. Then can proceed to advanced farming, closing atlas, league content, doing whatever

Atlas completion strategy

- Sell 3 obsoleted maps of the same to get the next tier
- Abuse Zana vendor
- Abuse Zana map encounter
- Abuse horizon orbs

SSF way (slow relaxed):
- Unlock tiers one by one. For example run multiple tier 3 until you stashed ALL of the tier 4. Only then complete tier 4, and proceed to the next tier

Semi SSF/Trade way (bit less slow):
- Complete highest tier possible and run whatever you have in stash. Then buy remaining maps

Totally trade way (spend more time trading than mapping):
- Buy every single map one by one and sell everything you have in the map stash

Thanks to zana and horizon orbs both ways are effective

When you are 85-90 but still haven't got your final gear and especially a 6L, there is no point in trying to rush T15 reds, you are undergeared and farm slower! Get back to farming whites/yellows

Chaos recipe is your friend
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system#Full_Rare_Sets
Most of white maps rare drops are effectively vendor trash.
To do chaos recipes in a quick manner, just:
- Pick all rings and amus you find.
- Pick all rares dropped from bosses
- Maybe identify the nice bases (like diamonds rings and league sauce rares)
- Do a big round of chaos recipe once you have tabs full

You will know when to stop doing chaos recipes, incidentally it is when you got all your gear done and don't really need all that chaos

The lucky uniques and all the currency drops will basically speed up the process. Also converting all of some unused orbs into chaos will speed up a lot (example: extra regrets/chances/sextants etc)

To make your own 6L

So there can be many ways to have a 6L:
- Cheap tabula. Very cheap but very weak defense
- Cheap 6L from market. Cost effective but got to change it at some point
- Link your own (usually when you need that brassdome, shavronne, belly, windripper, inpulsa etc)
- Buy an already linked big item (6L starforge, windripper, unique chest)

How i do my own 6 links:
I did it in so many ways. The one i found myself most confortable is to:
Farm white/yellow maps forever. As soon as one ex drops sell it for chaos, buy fusings and spam them all into the chest.

Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Jun 13, 2019, 11:28:38 AM
Thank you for the work you put in that Build.
I really tryed it but struggle with Mana. I think i have around 20 left when i have the auras running.
I am sure that i made something wrong in my Setup when you have Time could you please take a look at my Char.
Thank you
"
Bolde85 wrote:
Thank you for the work you put in that Build.
I really tryed it but struggle with Mana. I think i have around 20 left when i have the auras running.
I am sure that i made something wrong in my Setup when you have Time could you please take a look at my Char.
Thank you

Hello, it is probably precision + war banner, personally i think warbanner is better overall
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

So only run with precision and war Banner?
"
Bolde85 wrote:
So only run with precision and war Banner?

Nono with these:
- Flesh and Stone + Maim
- Vulnerability + blasphemy
- Pride
- War Banner

Thank you very much.
At the Weekend i will trotz it more out.
@Zaen: You said Brass dome is core item of the build but is it still a decent option to go for a rare chest with + Str, a lot of flat life, and some res on it? I have a 5L brass dome now, but balancing res will be quite difficult for me later on, and although the taking no extra dmg from crit is a solid option, is it really enough to make up other stats? I'll gain about 24k more armor if I have Brass dome on and physical mitigation is 83% (compared to 64% now with rare chest). This Jugg has endurance charges all the time, pretty much at 4 charges all the time, so that'll reach 80% phys mitigation (PoB), so is Brass dome really that necessary after all? Currently I have 6472 life total at lv 90 (and that's still a 5L Terminus Est and a 5L rare chest), and with starforge it'll pull me up to about ~7k life total once I reach lv 95 or something, which I'm pretty happy with.

EDIT: The cap is 90% as far as I know, so I kinda plan to get the Stamina node on tree to make it 5 end charges total, and to get even more life regen per end charge as well, so PoB showed that it will pull me up to 84% physical mitigation without Brass Dome. Do you think this is still a fine option?
A filthy casual
Last edited by Hologram_o on Jun 13, 2019, 8:12:41 PM
can see leveling points?
"
Hologram_o wrote:
@Zaen: You said Brass dome is core item of the build but is it still a decent option to go for a rare chest with + Str, a lot of flat life, and some res on it? I have a 5L brass dome now, but balancing res will be quite difficult for me later on, and although the taking no extra dmg from crit is a solid option, is it really enough to make up other stats? I'll gain about 24k more armor if I have Brass dome on and physical mitigation is 83% (compared to 64% now with rare chest). This Jugg has endurance charges all the time, pretty much at 4 charges all the time, so that'll reach 80% phys mitigation (PoB), so is Brass dome really that necessary after all? Currently I have 6472 life total at lv 90 (and that's still a 5L Terminus Est and a 5L rare chest), and with starforge it'll pull me up to about ~7k life total once I reach lv 95 or something, which I'm pretty happy with.

EDIT: The cap is 90% as far as I know, so I kinda plan to get the Stamina node on tree to make it 5 end charges total, and to get even more life regen per end charge as well, so PoB showed that it will pull me up to 84% physical mitigation without Brass Dome. Do you think this is still a fine option?

The baseline is to have a high armor chest because it is what defines the Juggernaut ascendancy, Brassdome is unbeatable on this perspective.

Btw you can opt for a 2K armour rare chest with high life/elder/shaper mods np it is up to you, in the past people have been running with crab armour for example which is quite strong.

Anything works as long as you make use of the double armour ascendancy. If you don't then other classes can easily beat the Jug, especially in legion where slayer is back to being incredibly strong

EDIT: also i think you can squish more resists with better rings or in other gear

This stuff doesn't cost you that much at all

"
Tr1adec wrote:
can see leveling points?

Hello, i've opted to not use a step by step leveling tree for mantainability because the tree has minor to major changes every couple leagues.
There is a progression that is still valid with the new tree (and is what every sword build should follow universally):

Spoiler
Early levels:
- Make beelines to open up 2 jewels and most of the clusters (which are STR beeline on left/marauder and Leech beeline on duelist)
- You will use Shiversting and Edge of Madness for most of the time, leveling will be fast

First labyrinth
- First lab (around act3 I think?), unlock the +1000 accuracy point, this will lift your need to watch for accuracy stuff

Middle levels, around 40ish
- Now your damage will start to increase via new weapons
- Time to get some attack speed and then fill %inc life up to ~150%ish
- Soon you will progress to Part 2

Second lab
- Get "Generate endurance charges". It initially helps more than the "Double armor from chest".

Middle-to-Mapping, from 55 to 68, part 2
- You should complete all beelines (DEX beeline for sword/life clusters into ranger area) in preparation for mapping: scion health wheel and ranger sword cluster

Third lab, around act 10
- Get antifreeze + antistun. Your char is good to go for mapping without any hassle!

How my chars looks in 3.2 at lv65: https://pastebin.com/sibPnZRE
3.5k hp, 75%+ phys mitigation with charges, 15-20k+ dps, 30k+ single target

Early mapping, from 68 to 85ish
- Priority n1: close ALL health nodes
- Close all sword dmg nodes
- Get jewels slots

Once all clusters are open, it is UP TO YOU on what to prioritize depending on current needs. My personal suggestion is to:
- Try to fill life as much as possible
- Damage nodes priority:
1. Attack speed
2. Damage
3. Crit

Last edited by ZaeN on Jun 14, 2019, 5:35:12 PM
"
Hologram_o wrote:
@Zaen: [...] I'll gain about 24k more armor if I have Brass dome on and physical mitigation is 83% (compared to 64% now with rare chest). This Jugg has endurance charges all the time, pretty much at 4 charges all the time, so that'll reach 80% phys mitigation (PoB), so is Brass dome really that necessary after all?[...]
These numbers are for trash mob hits. For big hits, mitigation is lower.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Armour
Spoiler
Rule of thumb

To prevent one third of damage, you need armour 5 times the damage (e.g. 500 armour for 100 damage)
To prevent half of damage, you need armour 10 times the damage (e.g. 1000 armour for 100 damage)
To prevent two thirds of damage, you need armour 20 times the damage (e.g. 2000 armour for 100 damage)
To prevent three quarters of damage, you need armour 30 times the damage (e.g. 3000 armour for 100 damage)
To prevent 90% of damage, you need armour 90 times the damage (e.g. 9000 armour for 100 damage)
armour will never prevent more damage than its value divided by 10 (e.g. 1000 armour will never prevent more than 100 damage)
Last edited by 6_din_49 on Jun 14, 2019, 12:11:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info