3.1 Poet's Pen Cold Berserker

"
Shareware wrote:

You asked me why i am running hatred. Thats the answer. Im using a watchers eye giving me cold pen while im running hatred.

Even if you drop blood magic you still need curse on hit + curse in the set up which does not fit.

You can also run hatred + hoi anyways, the only reason im running PoF is also because of the watchers eye.

Its so big profit from 15% cold pen?
"
"
Shareware wrote:

You asked me why i am running hatred. Thats the answer. Im using a watchers eye giving me cold pen while im running hatred.

Even if you drop blood magic you still need curse on hit + curse in the set up which does not fit.

You can also run hatred + hoi anyways, the only reason im running PoF is also because of the watchers eye.

Its so big profit from 15% cold pen?

what else would you want to run? cold pen is huge yeah especially against monsters with res.
hello.

been playing this build, got to level 76, and i'm enjoying it quite a bit. really nice map clear, lots of freezes, managed to switch build around to get some nice single target for bosses.

my biggest problem, physical damage. i've tried to combat by this by bringing armor flask, evade flask, +3 endurance charges, and arctic armour. still get spiked down occasionally if i misplay, but only to large physical hits.

please feel free to take a look at my build/gear and let me know if there's anything that i could work on! love the build and guide tho +1 :)
"
RyanTheNinja wrote:
hello.

been playing this build, got to level 76, and i'm enjoying it quite a bit. really nice map clear, lots of freezes, managed to switch build around to get some nice single target for bosses.

my biggest problem, physical damage. i've tried to combat by this by bringing armor flask, evade flask, +3 endurance charges, and arctic armour. still get spiked down occasionally if i misplay, but only to large physical hits.

please feel free to take a look at my build/gear and let me know if there's anything that i could work on! love the build and guide tho +1 :)

Craft essence gloves with 16more attack speed drop belly for kaom's heart, get a neck with life, drop essence worm get a ring with life.

Whats your life currently at?
"
Shareware wrote:
"
RyanTheNinja wrote:
hello.

Craft essence gloves with 16more attack speed drop belly for kaom's heart, get a neck with life, drop essence worm get a ring with life.

4500, and i still have plenty of health nodes to grab as well. by level 90 and upgraded gear, i could see my self being over 6k hp easily.

i could drop essence worm for sure, but i'm guessing blasphemy-frostbite is not worth then? that's basically what i'd lose for a different ring. i've been toying around with build quite a bit trying to eek out more single target damage (boss damage) via penetration (hence the wise oak, Fangs of Frost node under duelist, and blasphemy-frostbite).

also, i noticed this build gets quite a few gem slots which seems really interesting and a nice way to scale the damage. which do you think would be best? i'm at the point where crit isn't a problem - Elemental Overload is up 24/7, so maybe flat damage increases? projectile/cold damage? not really sure how i'd go about scaling it yet.
Last edited by RyanTheNinja on Jan 16, 2018, 4:07:43 PM
"
RyanTheNinja wrote:
"
Shareware wrote:
"
RyanTheNinja wrote:
hello.

4500, and i still have plenty of health nodes to grab as well. by level 90 and upgraded gear, i could see my self being over 6k hp easily.

i could drop essence worm for sure, but i'm guessing blasphemy-frostbite is not worth then? that's basically what i'd lose for a different ring. i've been toying around with build quite a bit trying to eek out more single target damage (boss damage) via penetration (hence the wise oak, node that pierces 8% with weapons, and blasphemy-frostbite).

weapon pen does nothing since we dont do any dmg with our attacks, getting the necklace and hatred with cold pen is probably the best you can do. i didnt look at you jewels but thats the best source of damage next to good opals. also getting essence crafted gloves for the 16% more attack speed is alot damage.
Last edited by Shareware on Jan 16, 2018, 4:06:54 PM
ok, good to know, thanks.

also, what jewels to use in tree? we get so many for this build, what's the best way to scale the damage with the available slots?
Last edited by RyanTheNinja on Jan 16, 2018, 9:05:58 PM
"
RyanTheNinja wrote:

also, what jewels to use in tree? we get so many for this build, what's the best way to scale the damage with the available slots?

You can find my jewels in the guide to get an idea what you are looking for. if you feel your life is low try to get life on them might make them more expensive though.
"
Shareware wrote:
"
RyanTheNinja wrote:

You can find my jewels in the guide to get an idea what you are looking for. if you feel your life is low try to get life on them might make them more expensive though.

i went back and made the changes you said and am sitting at 5.3k hp now. easily 6k+ by mid-late 80s with nicer gear/missing health nodes which will be nice.

will look at jewels next :)
Love the build so far but I'm confused about what gems to use outside of the 6 gems in the Pens and the 2 auras (Hatred and Purity of Fire)

For some reason I have freezing pulse and vortex in my helmet, I have no idea why. In my boots, I have 2 empty slots, frostbomb, and increased AOE which... again... I have no idea why I'm using these. I'm never casting these things as I'm just spamming frenzy so what am I supposed to put there?

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info