3.1 Poet's Pen Cold Berserker

looks awesome! Is it a good HC build though?
How many attacks per second do you aim for?

EDIT: Nevermind, missed your answer where you said 7,74.
Last edited by EthoNNN on Dec 31, 2017, 12:40:03 PM
"
ulletuss wrote:

I didnt play hc for quite some tine now, i run map mods i wouldnt touch in hc and try to tank stuff i should not. It's hard to judge for me.
"

I'm playing this build in Hardcore right now with somewhat of a budget build (120-140c so far mostly on wands and jewels and self-found everything else). Check my profile for character Daowna_Poet if interested.

For jewels I've primarily taken attack speed to wand and +% max life. I'm in low 80's filling out scion wheel and the end of other life cluster nodes but expect to be well in 6.5k+ range life with a random rare chest piece by level 90.

Right now I'm just clearing maps and not really worrying about bosses unless they're pretty squishy. I'm holding steady at over 100 mil exp/hour just rushing through maps at pretty fast speed. I don't have a frost-bomb setup but plan to once I want to start killing bosses at higher level maps.

I've improvised my auras in the mean time as I don't have the Watcher's Eye I want (would double the cost of the build). So I run Arctic Armor, Anger (going to try Haste as I only have 6 APS) and Herald of Ice linked with Curse on Hit + Frost Bite. The Curse works well against rare mobs with white mobs exploding next to them and spreading the curse.

Let me know if you have any questions around the HC experience of this build.
Last edited by Daowna on Dec 31, 2017, 2:57:14 PM
"
Shareware wrote:
"
byakuya44 wrote:
Hi, i try this build , with a good stuff T12 is easy, boss not really xD New Vaal ruin this so hard x)
Regen is hard + OS all the time if we don't see a hit coming
My stuff :
Spoiler

But for mapping and fun go this, for pushing hight tier don't try :(

I can just give you the advice to take another look at the guide. Most of your items do nothing for the build, elemental dmg with attacks doesnt work for spells, no frostbomb, make sure to get good jewels they are important, added fire doesnt do much for frezny. While i agree that this build wasnt made as boss killer, everything up to t15 shouldnt make you struggle with well set character.

You not explain utility of frostbomb, spell deal no damage and placement is not so easy
My bad i don't see elemental dmg on skill don't work, i change all my stuff for more spell/elemental pure dmg, it's better yes, amulet nice help for boss with blind, i chain plateau t12 easly. i have frenzy cd 0.18sec, don't think if is that Attack speed is better 2 spell poet's or 4 spell
Last edited by byakuya44 on Jan 1, 2018, 8:14:21 AM
How does this build deal with T16 maps/bosses?
"
sam6555 wrote:
How does this build deal with T16 maps/bosses?

I dont know, it wasnt made to farm bosses, that been said it doenst mean it cant do it. guardian maps are rather expensive this time and i do have a summoner who can kill them quite easly, so i didnt bother to try them on my zerker - also did them only once corrupted with bad mods to get the completion. i think you can do all but chimera without much struggle, the new VP isnt strong enough without further investment to facetank those bosses but you can dodge most of the dangerous stuff, chimeras transition phase, finding him in the dust, can be a pain with a no regen character.

Re, i obtain and try more and more stuff
Spoiler

, change tree and jewel, and now it's really fine, i have 7.81 aps with 3 frenzy charge, up too 8.33 if i take a hit, it's really fun vortex/ice nova and glaciale cascade/frostbolt, i don't play Frostbomb, no time for this (tiers 14+ need frostbomb i think)
GG for this build i like this

For calculate real dps it's all spell triggered x 1 x 1 sec? or with 8aps it's all spell x2 or x4 x 1sec?
cya
Last edited by byakuya44 on Jan 1, 2018, 6:23:11 PM
Spoiler

, change tree and jewel, and now it's really fine, i have 7.81 aps with 3 frenzy charge, up too 8.33 if i take a hit, it's really fun vortex/ice nova and glaciale cascade/frostbolt, i don't play Frostbomb, no time for this (tiers 14+ need frostbomb i think)

For calculate real dps it's all spell triggered x 1 x 1 sec? or with 8aps it's all spell x2 or x4 x 1sec?
cya
EDIT : i try logic for calculate real dps :
1aps= 1x GC 1x Vortex = 250 ms / 250 ms (one hit proc one gem/wand)
2aps = 1x GC 1x Vortex + 1xFB 1x IN = 250 /250 /250 /250 (all gem proc one time)
4aps = 2x gc 2x vortex + 2xfb 2x IN = 250x2/250x2/250x2/250x2
8 aps = 4x GC 4x Vortex + 4x FB 4x IN = 1sec/1sec/1sec/1sec (not possible more : internal cd gem achieved for 1sec)

For my current stats:
8 aps = 14630 x4 + 10495 x4 + 22126 x4 + 12452 x4 = 146 304 + 41 976 + 88 504 + 49 808 = 326 592 DPS at 8APS
Really good :)
"
byakuya44 wrote:
Spoiler

cya
EDIT : i try logic for calculate real dps :
1aps= 1x GC 1x Vortex = 250 ms / 250 ms (one hit proc one gem/wand)
2aps = 1x GC 1x Vortex + 1xFB 1x IN = 250 /250 /250 /250 (all gem proc one time)
4aps = 2x gc 2x vortex + 2xfb 2x IN = 250x2/250x2/250x2/250x2
8 aps = 4x GC 4x Vortex + 4x FB 4x IN = 1sec/1sec/1sec/1sec (not possible more : internal cd gem achieved for 1sec)

For my current stats:
8 aps = 14630 x4 + 10495 x4 + 22126 x4 + 12452 x4 = 146 304 + 41 976 + 88 504 + 49 808 = 326 592 DPS at 8APS
Really good :)

Just keep in mind you lose damage if your Attack speed is faster than 8 because you wont proc any spell when all are on cd.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info