3.1 Poet's Pen Cold Berserker

"
Shareware wrote:
"
percydaman2 wrote:
So I decided to try this build. Currently 80. It's alot of fun. Very easy to level once you get enough life pool to sustain blood magic. In maps, trash just melts before you can even see it on the screen.

The downside though is bosses. It is NOT good for bosses, especially ones with elemental resist. I spent a few ex on the Pandemonius and Watchers Eye, to get me to 20% penetration. It does help alot with standard bosses though it's still a tad slow. But it could not take down the lich found in a t7 map. I had to bring in my GC totem toon that just melted it.

I could spent 10 points to get 3% more from the tree, but that's not very efficient. Aside from the abyssal chest piece, I'm not sure what else I could conceivably use.

https://pastebin.com/rPa1gJf5 Here's my PoB link.

there is a lot stuff that adds up, jewels most are 1-2 stats at best. try to get real ones.
opal rings with essence craft for cold dmg are another 50% dmg each. flat dmg jewels and flat dmg in general arent good since we have quite alot by the skills themselfs and very little %, so % increases are better. all gems but cascade are 18. no aspect of carnage. random nodes i didnt even take. no frost bomb. you have less than a third of my average hit dmg, your attack speed is also way slower with 4,61 vs my 7,74.

Thanks, I'll take a look. I'm still leveling up so I'm not finished by any measure, should have specified that my critique wasn't leveled at the finished build, just at my current state of it.
This Build looks really nice :)

Ill try it definitly! I hope i can take down End Game Content with it.

Best Regards
Hi, i try this build , with a good stuff T12 is easy, boss not really xD New Vaal ruin this so hard x)
Regen is hard + OS all the time if we don't see a hit coming
My stuff :
Spoiler

But for mapping and fun go this, for pushing hight tier don't try :(
Is it better to have 8APS and 4 spells than 4 APS and 2 spells but with more Spell dmg passives? This way we can use freezing pulse with jewels for additional projectiles as well and have great aoe with good dmg from each hit.
"
aefoa wrote:
Is it better to have 8APS and 4 spells than 4 APS and 2 spells but with more Spell dmg passives? This way we can use freezing pulse with jewels for additional projectiles as well and have great aoe with good dmg from each hit.

I've wondered that myself. It's difficult getting to that 8aps without using the Devotos.
"
aefoa wrote:

You'll surpase 4 aps quite easy even without investing into AS, i feel its wasting potential dmg. most dmg comes from jewels anyways.
"
percydaman2 wrote:
"
aefoa wrote:

I've wondered that myself. It's difficult getting to that 8aps without using the Devotos.

You don't have to hit 8aps while its nice to get to 8 or close it's not mandatory. The important part is to not go past the Breakpoint because thats where you lose dmg. I dont even have uberlab and i could trade sone jewels for more AS and i am at 7.7 as with frenzy charges and zerker proc.
Thanks for quick replies!

Any suggestions which spells can increase clear speed? cause arctic breath and frost nova kinda suck in that.
"
byakuya44 wrote:
Hi, i try this build , with a good stuff T12 is easy, boss not really xD New Vaal ruin this so hard x)
Regen is hard + OS all the time if we don't see a hit coming
My stuff :
Spoiler

But for mapping and fun go this, for pushing hight tier don't try :(

I can just give you the advice to take another look at the guide. Most of your items do nothing for the build, elemental dmg with attacks doesnt work for spells, no frostbomb, make sure to get good jewels they are important, added fire doesnt do much for frezny. While i agree that this build wasnt made as boss killer, everything up to t15 shouldnt make you struggle with well set character.
"
aefoa wrote:
Thanks for quick replies!

Any suggestions which spells can increase clear speed? cause arctic breath and frost nova kinda suck in that.

Since we are limited to Frost skills there isnt much choice, feel free to test some of the others. I also like ice nova cause it cast on your cursor once frostbolt reached that location. It also kill stuff surrounding you. Arctic breath is mostly to mane sure bosses are chilled and doesn't provide anything for clear speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info