[3.2]MoltenClawStrike, Instant Leech, Shaper/Uber/Elder (up to 2 Million DPS per ball, x36 balls)

"
dalkq123 wrote:
Need to change Ancestral Call in boss fight?

No, you want to keep Ancestral Call even for single target. You can attack the ground near the boss (don't hit the boss directly) and this will spawn off ancestral call to attack the boss. Now you will have molten strike balls coming from your ground attack (and ancestral call) which will overlap on top of the boss, yielding more damage. You can watch my shaper kill video on how this is done (either holding shift, or using the num-lock trick).
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Is that Kaom's Root necessary? or can use rare?
One thing that's bugging me: how do you achieve x36 balls? At my lv, with 2 Wildfire jewels (+2 projectiles from STR in radius each) I have Molten Strike produce 7 projectiles + Ancestral Call's 2 x 7 = 21 projectiles total. Unless MS gets more projectiles as the gem lv increases, I don't understand how x36 (3x12) can be achieved.

Also I never really understand the auras. Running both HoA and Hate reserves like 75% of my mana, and even with Thief's Torment it takes about 3 MS hits till my mana drops to 0. Am I supposed to only have 1 aura at a time? Should I stop levelling the gems past a certain lv, like CwDT? (btw what lvs should I keep the CwDT setup on?)
Last edited by sqvirel on Jan 4, 2018, 4:21:11 AM
"
sqvirel wrote:
One thing that's bugging me: how do you achieve x36 balls? At my lv, with 2 Wildfire jewels (+2 projectiles from STR in radius each) I have Molten Strike produce 7 projectiles + Ancestral Call's 2 x 7 = 21 projectiles total. Unless MS gets more projectiles as the gem lv increases, I don't understand how x36 (3x12) can be achieved.

Also I never really understand the auras. Running both HoA and Hate reserves like 75% of my mana, and even with Thief's Torment it takes about 3 MS hits till my mana drops to 0. Am I supposed to only have 1 aura at a time? Should I stop levelling the gems past a certain lv, like CwDT? (btw what lvs should I keep the CwDT setup on?)

3 from helm enchant and 2 from flask (Dying Sun). That's 12 x 3 = 36 :)
i dont't know what i'm doing wrong... i'm getting almost one shot every time and i have the feeling that i'm not life leeching at all... here is my build:

With full charges I have around 22k damage. I know that this build is far from perfect but i have the feeling that I shouldn't die as often as I do...
I also noticed that iaoe and conc is not affecting my dps at all... something is off...
Last edited by Fallbringer on Jan 5, 2018, 9:00:43 PM
"
Fallbringer wrote:
i dont't know what i'm doing wrong... i'm getting almost one shot every time and i have the feeling that i'm not life leeching at all... here is my build:

With full charges I have around 22k damage. I know that this build is far from perfect but i have the feeling that I shouldn't die as often as I do...
I also noticed that iaoe and conc is not affecting my dps at all... something is off...

Can you post your current pastebin? Based on your gear it doesn't look like you are stacking physical damage at all (which is our main source of damage).
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
I've hit the wall with this build for some reason. I keep getting either stunned out of my attacks or frozen or SOMETHING and dying horribly to packs I should be wiping out with ease. Sometimes the game just says "lol nope" and I don't get to attack or my screen full of fireballs doesn't hit anything. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but maps are pure suffering now for some reason. Not to mention I take hits like I'm made of papier mache.
"
Terashell wrote:
I've hit the wall with this build for some reason. I keep getting either stunned out of my attacks or frozen or SOMETHING and dying horribly to packs I should be wiping out with ease. Sometimes the game just says "lol nope" and I don't get to attack or my screen full of fireballs doesn't hit anything. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but maps are pure suffering now for some reason. Not to mention I take hits like I'm made of papier mache.

Use Kaom's Roots boots (it's in the guide). This will give you immunity to stun, freeze, chill, knock-back...etc.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
"
unchainedlive wrote:
"
Terashell wrote:

Use Kaom's Roots boots (it's in the guide). This will give you immunity to stun, freeze, chill, knock-back...etc.

I mean I will when I make it to 68 but it's getting htere that's the struggle, I may just go grind in blood aqueducts until I get there.

nd if I could stop getting one shot by random blue mobs, that'd be great game, thanks.
Last edited by Terashell on Jan 9, 2018, 11:36:37 PM
I'm level 80+ and still haven't switched off Thief's torment. How do you leech enough when not using it??

Also, could you show your exact gear used to kill shaper, uber and gear for lvling? I die way too much.
Last edited by TheBrainTrain on Jan 12, 2018, 11:26:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info