[3.8] Dual Grelwood Shank Molten Strike Juggernaut

Thank you very much for the build!
It's alot of fun and really fast (with whirling blades)
I did a Shaped Atoll (T11) like it was nothing, and seeing that, i jumped straight to a T14.
Now here's where i need some help: is there any way to mitigate the incoming damage even further? The hp globe goes up and down, which.. keeps the heart pumping, no doubt, but it's very risky.

This is my build
https://pastebin.com/j430K0nF
I understand that safety comes at the price of lower damage, but i'm not sure which nodes i can give up and which ones i shouldn't.
Also, I can't get any more life on gear, unless i switch out some uniques.
If i give up Starkonja for a rare helmet, would the firestorm setup matter anymore (giving the lower crit chance). And if the firestorm is out, is the Elemental Overload node still relevant?
Death's Door helps alot with the No Bleeding thing, Loreweave helps with the "-# maximum resitances" map mods and Xoph's Blood helps with everything

I should probably mention that i use this build mostly for UberLab atm (which is why i got into it), where it performs flawlessly. But i'd like to get into Guardians farming as well and that's where i could use some tuning.

Thank you very much for reading,
and thanks again for this awesome build!
"
SiCkGFX wrote:
Spoiler
I did a Shaped Atoll (T11) like it was nothing, and seeing that, i jumped straight to a T14.
Now here's where i need some help: is there any way to mitigate the incoming damage even further? The hp globe goes up and down, which.. keeps the heart pumping, no doubt, but it's very risky.

This is my build
I understand that safety comes at the price of lower damage, but i'm not sure which nodes i can give up and which ones i shouldn't.
If i give up Starkonja for a rare helmet, would the firestorm setup matter anymore (giving the lower crit chance). And if the firestorm is out, is the Elemental Overload node still relevant?
Death's Door helps alot with the No Bleeding thing, Loreweave helps with the "-# maximum resitances" map mods and Xoph's Blood helps with everything

I should probably mention that i use this build mostly for UberLab atm (which is why i got into it), where it performs flawlessly. But i'd like to get into Guardians farming as well and that's where i could use some tuning.

Here is my recommendation if you are going Nebuloch / Grelwood Shank and 7 Endurance Charge.

https://pastebin.com/a37mPLFS

Seems like you have enlighten 4 + 3 buff setup. I prefer Herald of Purity because the summoned minion can serve as distraction on boss fight. Either pick Herald of Ash (for damage) or Arctic Armour (for defense)

If you want more defense for bosses and less focus on conventional mapping, go for Kaom's Root while unspec Unstoppable to Unrelenting and get a anti-bleed flask. Since we now have 4 less gem socket to utilize, I removed CWDT + Immortal Cry setup since we should have plenty of physical mitigation though Nebuloch Armour + Unrelenting + 7 Endurance Charge.

You have combustion on 2 sides, Firestorm and Molten Strike. The fire resist debuff can't stack so choose only 1 source.

I prefer going for CWDT + Orb of Storm (it's work now) + increase critical strike for Elemental Overload Proc. Unlike firestorm that determine whether it will crit per cast, Orb of Storm determine crit per arc trigger and more likely to proc Elemental Overload.

If you want to go for Manual damage boost, go for Combustion + Orb of Storm (AoF convert lightning to Fire, so ignitable) + Increased Critical Strike chance instead. Since now your orb of storm will apply combustion fire resist debuff, you can now replace Combustion in Molten Strike to Elemental Focus / Fire penetration.

Blood Rage changed to manual cast since Blood Rage is now instant cast and can be activated anytime without delay. Get a leap slam so that we can still leap through ledge (which Whirling Blade cannot).

Elder weapon with "Gain endurance charge every x second while being stationary" can replace the need of Enduring Cry. Otherwise get a Doedre's Elixir.

If you still want to stick with Unstoppable + Death's Door (for labyrinth), leave the CWDT + Immortal Call combo and unspec the 3 endurance charge and get more life instead.

Example of some optimization :
https://pastebin.com/L4sRB5KP

Last edited by RobakoGarena on Oct 17, 2018, 11:50:40 AM
"
RobakoGarena wrote:
Spoiler
"
SiCkGFX wrote:
Spoiler

This is my build

Here is my recommendation if you are going Nebuloch / Grelwood Shank and 7 Endurance Charge.

Seems like you have enlighten 4 + 3 buff setup. I prefer Herald of Purity because the summoned minion can serve as distraction on boss fight. Either pick Herald of Ash (for damage) or Arctic Armour (for defense)

If you want more defense for bosses and less focus on conventional mapping, go for Kaom's Root while unspec Unstoppable to Unrelenting and get a anti-bleed flask. Since we now have 4 less gem socket to utilize, I removed CWDT + Immortal Cry setup since we should have plenty of physical mitigation though Nebuloch Armour + Unrelenting + 7 Endurance Charge.

You have combustion on 2 sides, Firestorm and Molten Strike. The fire resist debuff can't stack so choose only 1 source.

I prefer going for CWDT + Orb of Storm (it's work now) + increase critical strike for Elemental Overload Proc. Unlike firestorm that determine whether it will crit per cast, Orb of Storm determine crit per arc trigger and more likely to proc Elemental Overload.

If you want to go for Manual damage boost, go for Combustion + Orb of Storm (AoF convert lightning to Fire, so ignitable) + Increased Critical Strike chance instead. Since now your orb of storm will apply combustion fire resist debuff, you can now replace Combustion in Molten Strike to Elemental Focus / Fire penetration.

Blood Rage changed to manual cast since Blood Rage is now instant cast and can be activated anytime without delay. Get a leap slam so that we can still leap through ledge (which Whirling Blade cannot).

Elder weapon with "Gain endurance charge every x second while being stationary" can replace the need of Enduring Cry. Otherwise get a Doedre's Elixir.

If you still want to stick with Unstoppable + Death's Door (for labyrinth), leave the CWDT + Immortal Call combo and unspec the 3 endurance charge and get more life instead.

Finally, first time ever! Killed the Shaper
I followed your instructions: https://pastebin.com/ukYVWtr1
I kept doing lab - easy (even got to lazy to get a bleeding flask)
I killed Shaper - 1 death (could've been avoided)
Now i'm gonna work my way to Uber Elder

Thank you!
"
RobakoGarena wrote:
"
SiCkGFX wrote:
Spoiler

This is my build

In your Pastebin you did not skill elemental overload? can you get it otherwise?
"

Would be helpful if u could include this info in your front post. Had to hunt down the PoB link. Otherwise great work and thanks for your input!
Started playing POE in Delve league and enjoying this build very much - my 1st POE char ever.

Some modifications I made:

- using CWDT + enfeeble + immo call + blood rage in 4link
- anger + herald of ash + herald of purity + enlighten supp in 4 link - works just fine with Thiefs Torment mana gain.

Working on Shaper now.

Last edited by kahazet on Oct 26, 2018, 4:23:56 AM
"

In your Pastebin you did not skill elemental overload? can you get it otherwise?

I do in both pastebins. Not sure which pastebin are you pointing to.

"
Variables wrote:
"

Would be helpful if u could include this info in your front post. Had to hunt down the PoB link. Otherwise great work and thanks for your input!

There some pastebin link in my alternate gear section. (Well, none for Nebuloch xD Kinda my bad) This build is generally flexible and can gear around depend on your niche.
Last edited by RobakoGarena on Oct 27, 2018, 12:17:27 PM
"
RobakoGarena wrote:
"

I do in both pastebins. Not sure which pastebin are you pointing to.

"
Variables wrote:
"

this one for nebuloch and grelwood there is no elemental overload
Last edited by Mykehawk111 on Oct 27, 2018, 7:15:54 PM
Wanted to share my version of this build that successfully killed Uber Elder for my first time ever! Did so on my 2nd try with 3 portals left.

Passive Tree

Gear:

Spoiler

(Jewels are missing from above because I can't link from my tree, but I have a Anger Fire Pen Watcher's Eye, 2x Wildfires, and a couple of traditional rare jewels rolled for life, resistances, and damage).

After trying many variations, I invested into layers of defense/recovery: some life regen, traditional %-based life leach, and also life gain on hit from the elder rings. Loreweave + Nebuloch is also an extremely strong combination, bringing my effective cold damage received down to 13% and physical to 7% (!!) according to PoB. All the while maintaining 7.4K life and a sustained, flaskless Shaper DPS of around 915K (I swap in EDwA for Ancestral Call for Uber Elder fight) - around 1.25m with flasks. This is assuming 52% of balls hit, which is at the higher end of the estimates I've seen but ultimately it doesn't really matter: damage is definitely not an issue in the fight.

You'll notice I dropped Stark's for a fossil-crafted +3 helm. This was about 1/6th the cost and ended up a damage upgrade. All we get from Stark's is life, dex, and attack speed - you can easily get life from a fossil-crafted helm, and the -9% resistance modifier more than makes up for the lost attack speed (which we already have plenty of anyways). You can see this for yourself in PoB: equip Stark's, note your DPS, then equip a similar fossil-crafted helm and set enemy fire resistance to -9%. You should see higher damage per ball (for me it's about +5K). Plus, you can get resistances here now too; fire is common.

For the Uber Elder fight itself, as long as I was attacking something I could out-sustain everything but the Shaper balls - although standing in the beam was usually asking for trouble so I tended to avoid that too.

I'm still playing, as this build is fantastic in Delves and turning in to an Uber Elder farmer since I keep spawning him. I'm going to try my hand at fossil-crafting some better Elder LGoH rings and maybe upgrade my helmet if I can find a deal on one.
My character u can find in Pob gatrongthien/MsJT
6k5 hp - 4endu

I like this build ... I still use thief torment because this ring very good . dont need pay more currency 4 gloh ring .
Ty u so much

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info