[3.8] Dual Grelwood Shank Molten Strike Juggernaut

"
RobakoGarena wrote:
"
Drey070 wrote:
Made this build just for Uber Elder. Haven't tried it yet but was hoping someone could tell me what I could upgrade/change that would help for the fight. Tooltip in hideout shows 36.7k with anger and HoA. I'm at 6k life and dps don't seem all that great. I have 9ex to spend any help would be great .. Thanks

https://pastebin.com/D8DphFfB

Checked your PoB, your damage is ok, switch to Ancestral Protector instead of Ancestral Warchief. Warchief only add damage to the first hit but not the balls. Getting Intimidation (Tombfist or Belt of Deceiver) or Nomads helps a lot. Getting Duality (below Scion life wheel) also boost your damage.

The DPS should be ok since you use both Concentrated Effect (The damage will be on the balls). You can swap out Ancestral Call support to Immolate support/ Fire Penetration support if you feel that your dps is too unreliable against boss.

You can switch Belt to Belt of Deceiver or switch gloves to Tombfists to get 10% Intimidation . Nomad belt is also good for damage like RitualMurder suggest.

You can also unspec out Battle Stamina to swap Life Regen for more life or damage if wanted.

6k life is doable, since you use both Unyielding and Loreweave 79% max resist, you eHP should be 7700 (excluding unbreakable damage taken) which higher than my video eHP (I am using Kaom's Heart with 75% ele resist and no Unyielding less elemental damage taken).

Just don't take 2 spell damage at the same time (Elder Ice shard, Shaper balls of death). One of them is enough to take you down to > 40% HP so 2 of them is certain death. I fail my first set because I misgauged how much damage i can take. Both Elder/Shaper slams will kill you in 1 Hit. Cold degen Pool cannot kill you when you MS-ing.

Remember to take a

with you. It's a huge life saver when you cannot regain health through MS as need to dodge Shaper balls/ beam but you low on life.

Your the man!! Thanks
has anyone considered using vaal impurity of fire?
i never read carefully it till recently
ignores fire resist
that seems
broken
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
RitualMurder wrote:
ignores fire resist
that seems
broken

It's debatable.

In my opinion :

+ Work wonders against high elemental resist rare mobs (looking at you temple rare mobs) They usually have >50% elemental resist means that activating VIoF = double your damage or more if you less focus on fire resist reduction and penetration

+ Can less focus on getting fire penetration to counter capped fire resist mobs (Getting physical as fire for Anger watcher eye mod instead of fire penetration etc)

+ lvl 1 VloF is sufficient if you only need the damage, higher lvl give higher fire damage taken reduction and armour

- 3 seconds base duration (or 5.22 second with 20q lvl 20 Increase duration support) is quite short. Sufficient time to KO most rare mobs and map boss without phases though.

- Soul gain prevention of 8 second with 50 required charges means that you almost can't use it consecutively in a boss fight (especially bosses with phases)

- Almost can't be used against Elder and Elder Guardian fights since the game resets your vaal kill count when you enter his realm

- Any extra fire resist reduction and fire penetration that reduce enemy fire resistance to negative value is also ignored.

I may consider to take it (or replace CWDT combustion combo) against + enemy elemental resist map mod though, you can also take it if you have free socket available.
Last edited by RobakoGarena on Jul 12, 2018, 10:45:55 PM
"
RobakoGarena wrote:
"
RitualMurder wrote:
ignores fire resist
that seems
broken

It's debatable.

In my opinion :

+ Work wonders against high elemental resist rare mobs (looking at you temple rare mobs) They usually have >50% elemental resist means that activating VIoF = double your damage or more if you less focus on fire resist reduction and penetration

+ Can less focus on getting fire penetration to counter capped fire resist mobs (Getting physical as fire for Anger watcher eye mod instead of fire penetration etc)

+ lvl 1 VloF is sufficient if you only need the damage, higher lvl give higher fire damage taken reduction and armour

- 3 seconds base duration (or 5.22 second with 20q lvl 20 Increase duration support) is quite short. Sufficient time to KO most rare mobs and map boss without phases though.

- Soul gain prevention of 8 second with 50 required charges means that you almost can't use it consecutively in a boss fight (especially bosses with phases)

- Almost can't be used against Elder and Elder Guardian fights since the game resets your vaal kill count when you enter his realm

- Any extra fire resist reduction and fire penetration that reduce enemy fire resistance to negative value is also ignored.

I may consider to take it (or replace CWDT combustion combo) against + enemy elemental resist map mod though, you can also take it if you have free socket available.

ive been using it on guardians and elder its pretty great
i dont really bother with it on maps dont need it for anything there
bosses t15 melt in 3-5 seconds except for elder and elder guardians but its great for guardians cus flasks refill between stages i wrecked my last elder with it popping it at final elder stage just melts him soooo fast
i took off the combustion cwdt and added enfeeble on cwdt to help with bosses and its been very good for me ive been doing all kinds of tweaks on the build i think i finally found the sweet spot for me
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س

Uber elder down,4 portals left.Started maps with 1h+shield then swap for dual shank,vitality+anger(watcher's eye)+herald of ash(just love it).Strong build.
How much damage do you need to fight uber elder pretty easily?!

Just wondering what to improve on my character, haven’t tried any guardians or shaper yet.

Thx
"
liuqiao9902 wrote:
How much damage do you need to fight uber elder pretty easily?!

Just wondering what to improve on my character, haven’t tried any guardians or shaper yet.

Thx

I pretty sure your damage potential have more than exceeded my dps by far compared to my Uber Elder attempt video lol. (High% elemental Damage on both rings, belts, Bubonic Trail, Loreweave)

I am dealing about 60k per balls on Uber Elder fight. (Without Flask + Enemy covered in ash + Intimidated + Ignited + Point Blank range + Elemental Overload)

The only adjustment I can think of is getting "+120% critical chance if not crit recently" or "Gain 10% elemental penetration if no kill recently" lab enchant on your boots.

(Much) More expensive upgrade option is getting good corrupted Grelwood Shank and Tombfists.

Guardians and Shaper should be easy for your load out. It just a matter of experience and getting used to the fight.
Last edited by RobakoGarena on Jul 16, 2018, 1:04:51 AM
Thank you RobakoGarena for this guide!

I decided to respec my Cyclone Chieftain for this build and am really loving it!

i am currently using Poacher's Mark + Flammability + Blasphemy setup as I have Impresence. I dropped Anger however which I should put back in when I tackle the end game bosses.

I am tackling Uber Trials now and it has been a breeze. I cannot wait to get to Uber Lab! =)

Just logged into my account on the website here since a very long time

and that, just to come here to tell you, best fucking build/guide

I played like 6 different builds in incursion league and this was not only by far the
best build balance wise, because it is so strong (both damage and survivability) but it was also the
most fun to play and still is, I am about to meet uber elder for the very first time, killed 3 guardians
of which 2 I killed deathless and the 3rd one I died to some crazy degeneration while having no flask charges left (once) but pretty much melted that one too.
Need to get a minotaur map later when I come back home and kill the 4th uber elder guardian and then it's time for the grandpa^^
Pretty fucking nice build, everyone who enjoys melee should try this! and if you love molten strike don't even hesitate a second.

oh and I bought myself this rediculously overpriced amulet (xoph's blood) last night (at lvl 93)
it is really not needed and honestly I didn't even have a reason to buy it except for having the exalted in my stash and wanting it lol. but it is absolutely not needed, done shaper without it, 4 times and 4 times succeeded.

THANKS again for this super awesome build guide and I'm looking forward to any new build you're creating in the future!
good luck, have fun and a great time!
Buying lvl 75 Plateau Maps - PM Amount + Price :)
Last edited by HeavenlySent on Jul 23, 2018, 7:16:54 PM
Reserve

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info