[3.8] Dual Grelwood Shank Molten Strike Juggernaut

Will these mods be a worthy replacement of the 475 accuracy implicit? If you dont mind, could you rank them in order too?
"
Will these mods be a worthy replacement of the 475 accuracy implicit? If you dont mind, could you rank them in order too?

Usually 475 accuracy rating = 950 Accuracy rating = 4.75% bonus attack speed if you get 100% accuracy rating from passive. Boosted to 1092 if you crit recently for 5.4% bonus attack speed.

Beneficial :
1. (5–7)% increased Attack Speed (Base attack speed increase is better than bonus attack speed, faster mobility too)
2. Adds (5–7) to (10–12) Physical Damage (Sweet 170%-190% physical damage increase work well with this corrupt implicit)

Questionable?:
3. (16–20)% increased Physical Damage (Grelwood Shank has no base physical damage while Eternal sword base dps is 41-68, this is like only 8-16 added physical damage)
4. Adds (3–4) to (5–7) Physical Damage (Give a little bit less damage to 16-20% physical damage)

Not Good :
5. (10–15)% increased Physical Damage (6-9 physical damage increase is like T1 physical in abyss jewel)
5. Adds 1 to 2 Physical Damage (Too little to be anything beneficial)

Utility (VERY Optional) :
O1. (10–15)% chance to gain Onslaught for 4 seconds on Kill (Silver Flask is still better since its work for both Bosses and Clearing + 1 additional Affix for 1 ailment immunity)
O2. (10–15)% chance to Fortify on Melee hit (Depend on RNG to get Fortify is risky at start of boss fight , especially against multiple-phases boss. Reliable Fortify during boss fight though)
O3. (15–20)% increased Area of Effect (Unless you want to weapon swap for boss / clearing)

Last edited by RobakoGarena on Jun 26, 2018, 10:37:15 PM
Thanks for the analysis, really appreciate it. It helps me set my end game goal for this build.

Give this a try, its pretty awesome, works like a free curse and the aoe is huge. cwdt (lvl 1) + firestorm lvl 8 + combustion support lvl 20 + elemental proliferation lvl 20

A short build review from me
Spoiler
I leveled using molten strike on 2 brightbeaks, thief's torment ring, tabula and random rares from the ground. It was a breeze and can carry you until you get your dual grelwood shanks.

Full clear incursions are possible from lvl 20 after equipping breakbeaks.

Facetank all tiers of izaro after getting thief's torment ring.
Lab traps can be safely ignored/skipped using leap slam. Just jump as though the traps dont exist.
Uber lab completed solo facetank full keys at lvl 70.

Currently lvl92 and purely farming T11 Underground Sea maps. I can manage to do them with 8 mods + sextants + double beyond with a bisco collar+leash combo.

Spent about 7 exalts total. Breakdown of cost:
6 exalts on 6 link brass dome.
1 exalt on all remaining uniques/rares/jewels/weapons (i set my budget on 20c per piece).
Bisco collar/leash not included since it isnt part of this guide.

You can drop some resists if you dont use immortal call. Those 7 endurance charges easily help you overcap resists.
Last edited by AT_Blitzy on Jun 27, 2018, 8:03:24 AM
hey man
followed most of ur molten strike jugg guide for my league starter for incur. Its working great
i made a few adjustments to it as i played
my tooltip with flasks and buffs says 145k
according to pob with my flasks and charges up i do 345k melee and 110k per magma ball!
crushing through this shit man
i will say nomad belt adds an insane dmg boost for the balls
thanks!

heres what im rockin in league right now!
Spoiler
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Last edited by RitualMurder on Jul 3, 2018, 11:38:20 PM
Hey guys,

With the idea of Firestorm/Combustion linked to CWDT - wouldn't it just make more sense to link it to Flammability? A level 5 Flammability gives -29% fire resistance, as opposed to a level 20 Combustion giving -19%. Seems like it only makes sense to use Firestorm if you are linking it to LGOH like was mentioned earlier this thread. Am I missing some additional benefit of Combustion here? Firestorm does such little damage at level 8 that even the MORE multipliers from Combustion don't make a difference. Please let me know your thoughts.

BTW I love this build - I've done some things different, such as using a Lioneye's Remorse for the added life, and taking the shield nodes below Duelist instead of dual wield. Really ripping through the content so far. Thanks for putting this together!
"
Hey guys,

With the idea of Firestorm/Combustion linked to CWDT - wouldn't it just make more sense to link it to Flammability? A level 5 Flammability gives -29% fire resistance, as opposed to a level 20 Combustion giving -19%. Seems like it only makes sense to use Firestorm if you are linking it to LGOH like was mentioned earlier this thread. Am I missing some additional benefit of Combustion here? Firestorm does such little damage at level 8 that even the MORE multipliers from Combustion don't make a difference. Please let me know your thoughts.

BTW I love this build - I've done some things different, such as using a Lioneye's Remorse for the added life, and taking the shield nodes below Duelist instead of dual wield. Really ripping through the content so far. Thanks for putting this together!

Flammability being a curse has reduced effectiveness on bosses, for example :

Lvl 20 Flammability = 44% Fire resistance reduction

Standard map bosses have 60% less curse effectiveness = 18.4% fire resistance reduction

Guardians and Elder/Shaper have 80% less curse effectiveness = 8.8% fire resistance reduction

Combustion fire resistance reduction is constant = 19%

Since we are using Ancestral Call, we don't need much more damage on monster packs since the multiple instance of AC balls can overlaps and already deal lots of damage to them, so we focus on boss killing damage instead.

If you have insufficient gem socket to utilize the CWDT, you can link Combustion support to Ancestral Protector instead. (Less effective against AoE bosses since totem can die easily)
Last edited by RobakoGarena on Jul 10, 2018, 1:55:59 AM
"
RobakoGarena wrote:
"
snip

Flammability being a curse has reduced effectiveness on bosses, for example :

Lvl 20 Flammability = 44% Fire resistance reduction

Standard map bosses have 60% less curse effectiveness = 18.4% fire resistance reduction

Guardians and Elder/Shaper have 80% less curse effectiveness = 8.8% fire resistance reduction

Combustion fire resistance reduction is constant = 19%

Since we are using Ancestral Call, we don't need much more damage on monster packs since the multiple instance of AC balls can overlaps and already deal lots of damage to them, so we focus on boss killing damage instead.

If you have insufficient gem socket to utilize the CWDT, you can link Combustion support to Ancestral Protector instead. (Less effective against AoE bosses since totem can die easily)

That makes perfect sense, and is not something I had considered. Thanks for the detailed explanation!
Made this build just for Uber Elder. Haven't tried it yet but was hoping someone could tell me what I could upgrade/change that would help for the fight. Tooltip in hideout shows 36.7k with anger and HoA. I'm at 6k life and dps don't seem all that great. I have 9ex to spend any help would be great .. Thanks

https://pastebin.com/D8DphFfB
"
Drey070 wrote:
Made this build just for Uber Elder. Haven't tried it yet but was hoping someone could tell me what I could upgrade/change that would help for the fight. Tooltip in hideout shows 36.7k with anger and HoA. I'm at 6k life and dps don't seem all that great. I have 9ex to spend any help would be great .. Thanks

i swapped out loreweave for a decent rare armour with higher def and life
i also use tombfist
my tooltip in hide is 96k buffed in map with charges around 170k tooltip

hh may not be best choice for this build
try nomad the dmg boost is pretty insane
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
Drey070 wrote:

Checked your PoB, your damage is ok, switch to Ancestral Protector instead of Ancestral Warchief. Warchief only add damage to the first hit but not the balls. Getting Intimidation (Tombfist or Belt of Deceiver) or Nomads helps a lot. Getting Duality (below Scion life wheel) also boost your damage.

The DPS should be ok since you use both Concentrated Effect (The damage will be on the balls). You can swap out Ancestral Call support to Immolate support/ Fire Penetration support if you feel that your dps is too unreliable against boss.

You can switch Belt to Belt of Deceiver or switch gloves to Tombfists to get 10% Intimidation . Nomad belt is also good for damage like RitualMurder suggest.

You can also unspec out Battle Stamina to swap Life Regen for more life or damage if wanted.

6k life is doable, since you use both Unyielding and Loreweave 79% max resist, you eHP should be 7700 (excluding unbreakable damage taken) which higher than my video eHP (I am using Kaom's Heart with 75% ele resist and no Unyielding less elemental damage taken).

Just don't take 2 spell damage at the same time (Elder Ice shard, Shaper balls of death). One of them is enough to take you down to > 40% HP so 2 of them is certain death. I fail my first set because I misgauged how much damage i can take. Both Elder/Shaper slams will kill you in 1 Hit. Cold degen Pool cannot kill you when you MS-ing.

Remember to take a

with you. It's a huge life saver when you cannot regain health through MS as need to dodge Shaper balls/ beam but you low on life.
Last edited by RobakoGarena on Jul 12, 2018, 10:17:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info