[3.8] Dual Grelwood Shank Molten Strike Juggernaut

my gear :) thanks for the build!
Killed Uber Elder with my setup. Not easy, failed 2 sets before bcs of slowing by vortex and stunningby shaper's balls. With Kaom's Roots it can be easier. Will try again when find a way to add them to build.
Spoiler
Last edited by Burgate on Mar 26, 2018, 5:28:48 PM
"
Burgate wrote:
Killed Uber Elder with my setup. Not easy, failed 2 sets before bcs of slowing by vortex and stunningby shaper's balls. With Kaom's Roots it can be easier. Will try again when find a way to add them to build.
Spoiler

Congratulations on your challenge completion!

Kaom's Root or Unstoppable is almost BiS against Shaper (Especially against Uber Elder since Shaper have a lot of window to spam those Galaxy Ball of Death) since most of his damage is heavy cold damage that can stun, chill and freeze. :/

"
RobakoGarena wrote:

Congratulations on your challenge completion!

Kaom's Root or Unstoppable is almost BiS against Shaper (Especially against Uber Elder since Shaper have a lot of window to spam those Galaxy Ball of Death) since most of his damage is heavy cold damage that can stun, chill and freeze. :/

Yes, i think so. Also upgraded Brine king can help a lot, maybe. Now i use Kaom's with some passive tree changes, think that someone can find it usefull.
Hi, amazing fucking build, I dont think Ill ever be able to not play a juggernaut build in the future hahaha, not dying ever and having infinite accuracy is so comfy.

Anyways, what do you think of this adjustment for using Inspired Learning (aka cheap headhunter)?

Cons: costs 4 passive points extra, uses one jewel socket that could be an OP abyss jewel.

Pros: more mana (Im using arctic armour along with anger and herald of ash and still have 70 mana left), 36% increased armor and evasion rating, 15% all resists, mini-headhunter effect makes mapping way more fun and smooth.
"
aerotsu wrote:
Spoiler
Hi, amazing fucking build, I dont think Ill ever be able to not play a juggernaut build in the future hahaha, not dying ever and having infinite accuracy is so comfy.

Anyways, what do you think of this adjustment for using Inspired Learning (aka cheap headhunter)?

Cons: costs 4 passive points extra, uses one jewel socket that could be an OP abyss jewel.

Pros: more mana (Im using arctic armour along with anger and herald of ash and still have 70 mana left), 36% increased armor and evasion rating, 15% all resists, mini-headhunter effect makes mapping way more fun and smooth.

On standard, I have tested both inspired learning and headhunter on this build. Not quite satisfying.

If you are using movement skill that scale with attack speed (such as Whirling Blade) as method of travel, the speed boost is less noticable compare to others method of travel that scale with movement speed (such as moving normally or shield charge). Maybe more tankiness buff during mapping but still being Juggernaut you don't need to worry about it as much. For damage buff, since you are using Molten Strike + Ancestral Call on all occasions, you usually don't need to worry about lack of damage against yellow mobs during mapping.

You also need heavily sextant and min-max pack size on maps to gain maximum effect. If you only doing maps with Chisel + Orb of Alchemy, not recommended to go Inspired learning (or even headhunter).
Last edited by RobakoGarena on Apr 15, 2018, 9:50:53 PM
What about Shroud of the Lightless? Can it be a solid Armour alternative?
"
gpkmbj wrote:
What about Shroud of the Lightless? Can it be a solid Armour alternative?

You can definitely convert the evasion rating to Armour with Iron Reflex while stationary with Grelwood Shank equipped, but it won't benefit from double body armour's armour from Unbreakable ascendency.

Shadeform is almost redundant while being unreliable since Juggernaut can easily mitigate most physical damage with CWDT Immortal Call now while mapping.

The good side of Shroud of Lightless is for easier Pseudo-6 link (while possible to further stack Fire Penetration) although with higher entry cost (The armour cost 2EX minimum on Bestiary at the time I am writing this reply) and 1 additional Abyss socket. Since the build prefer Abyss Jewel over Jewel you can get 12%+ maximum Life and 15%+ maximum Mana out from it.

It will be more difficult to get the socket colour you want since Shroud of the Lightless is a Int/Dex armour base so you may need 3 off-colour (3 R 2 B) or 4 off-colour (4 R 1 B) depend on your link. If you are going for Shroud of Lightless, remember to calculate possible Chromatic used with Vorici Chrome Calculator to consider whether to go for Vorici Jeweller's Orb Method to get the socket colour you want.
Last edited by RobakoGarena on Apr 15, 2018, 9:55:24 PM
hello,
this was my very first poe char. thanks for this build. i really enjoyed it.
i have done everything but uber elder.

what weapon should I use till i get lvl 60+? im currently with dps problem at lvl 45

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info