[3.1] Poet's Pen Volatile Dead - all content - HC/SC

I bought a +1 curse amu, to run warlord`s mark to make it cheeper.
"
lecoopsta wrote:
Is there a poor mans way of leeching life? I'm not really having an issue with dying yet, but I can see it becoming one soon. I definitely don't have enough currency to buy one of the 15ex jewels. I'm Scion with Uber Lab completed. Haven't specced in Vaal Pact yet, but figured it pointless without a form of life leech. I tried Bloodrage, but it's just not enough since its just phys attack leech, which is basically just the Frenzied attack only.

The other way would be a cheap fire leech elder amu. Its not alot but it'll get you going, they roll up to 0.5 fire dmg leeched.

http://poe.trade/search/akonzuseyobare

And yet another way is buying a damage leech with vitality watchers eye, they start at 2 ex atm.

Now for my question for the veterans of the build as i try to make it with limited currency :)
Spoiler

Im using a damage leech on vitality and im just trying to find ways to not loose life regen with vaal pact since from my calculations i can easily get 6.5% life regen which would be over 400 regen per sec with just over 6k life which is nothing to sneeze at.
Whats the general opinion on carnage heart ? its like half a vaal pact with some nice stats for us it seems.
I myself use a 7% pen amu. Anyone has a ball park estimate if the 40% increased dmg on carnage heart is comparable ?
Finally, how about Cherrubim's Maleficence ? Its a full vaal pact for a the rpice of not having a kaoms but it adds a possibility to run some defense or a 6 link frenzy.

"
Dmentor wrote:

Im using a damage leech on vitality and im just trying to find ways to not loose life regen with vaal pact since from my calculations i can easily get 6.5% life regen which would be over 400 regen per sec with just over 6k life which is nothing to sneeze at.
Whats the general opinion on carnage heart ? its like half a vaal pact with some nice stats for us it seems.
I myself use a 7% pen amu. Anyone has a ball park estimate if the 40% increased dmg on carnage heart is comparable ?
Finally, how about Cherrubim's Maleficence ? Its a full vaal pact for a the rpice of not having a kaoms but it adds a possibility to run some defense or a 6 link frenzy.

Carnage Heart is used for the increased leech rate, the 40% increased damage is worse than a decent rare amulet which would have at least 2 damage rolls along with life/res. I suppose its an option, but the increased leech rate gets worse the more other sources of inc leech rate you get.

The way that leech works, is that its rate is capped to a % of your maximum life. Effectively, increasing your life total both, well, increases your life total, but it also increases the rate that you can gain life. Kaoms gives us a ton of extra life, which also bumps up our leech rate, and it also has a juicy damage roll on top.

If you want to, you can go with Cherrubim's, save 5 skillpoints from not taking VP, and keep the passive regen, but youll end up with a lower total health pool, which means youll die to stuff you wouldve survived otherwise.

As an aside, you dont really benefit from the Atziri's Step too much, a decent rare boot that lets you get more damage on your rings/other gear would probably serve you much better.
Hi guys I have a Question about the build.
Does the 40% increased fire dmg from the Kaom's Heart apply to the dmg from triggered Volatile Dead ? becouse after buying Kaom's and two opal rings with elemental dmg + fire dmg any of my dmg stats changed.

Ty for helping me out
I was lucky to find two Poet's Pens in ssf hc and started this build. Leveling has been very smooth and I really like the feel of this build :) Using spell cascade instead of conc effect for clearing, since I don't have helm enchant and probably never will :P

One question though about Blood Rage and end-game. How should I use it? Lvl 20 CWDT with Blood Rage, or self-cast, or something else?

Thanks for this awesome build!
"
lolosss wrote:
"
WhiteShip wrote:
So if I use leech with Vitality from the jewel. What aura do I take off to use vitality?

Iam using Anger + vitality + herald, because my jewel gives leek with Anger AND Vitality. I solved it that I connected all this jewels with Enlighten which will leave you with about 50 mana, which is MORE than enough as you will regenerate more than frenzy use (frenzy is like 12 damn mana per use).

What level is your Enlighten? I bought a level 3 Enlighten and it didn't work.
Well im using this for the moment! it was a lil hard to get it work but at least im mapping and now im going for uber lab to get more dmg but if u guys want to give me some assistance im all ears

Pst. i got the eye watcher that u can leech with vitality, but this works only if u got some reduce mana reservation in helm, so when i get the Volatile dead head enchant im gonna be stuck again! but nice build btw!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Last edited by Dwedar on Jan 28, 2018, 6:02:28 PM
Loving the levelling of this build so far... easy balls everywhere!

Edit: Nvm, I'm a knob
Last edited by pyrosx on Jan 29, 2018, 10:42:03 PM
i guess im too dumb, can any1 tell me how to scale the damage? if i import the linked PoB and unequip all items except the poets pens, its still at 100k dmg per hit, but if i rebuild it all myself im at 7k dmg per hit...

i just dont get it, it seems like i dont get a very important part...thought it was the corps, but flame dash is also at over 100k dps in the linked PoB while mine is at 7k dps

i any1 would be kind enough to take a look, my char is SonearKP
You must get this a lot but how is your tree has multiple location start point. Is that something you can do later on?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info