[3.5][LeagueSC] TooManyBalls! (Grelwood Molten Strike, DecentMapping&SingleTarget, Farrul's Fur)

"
zanosaur wrote:
heya, would soul taker be a good option to sub in one of the grels?

You can try. But with two different type of weapons, the weapon nodes in your passive tree might need to be relocated. Personally I haven't run into mana problems, so I'd stick with 2 GS unless I find a 400+ pdps melee weapon.

Spoiler
I run 1 life flask with freeze immune and 1 mana flask with bleed immune, so when bosses' animation is about to end, I start to serve the balls and pop my mana flask to keep me from running out of juice.

Finally managed to clear all content with this build, this is the gear I used below:

http://prntscr.com/hylmsg - Uber Atziri
http://prntscr.com/hybwh2 - Shaper

I will be changing out a life flask for something else not sure what yet as you definitely don't need 2.
Last edited by Boltonsquads on Jan 10, 2018, 12:56:40 PM
Not the exact same build, but similar, went AOF, I've done everything, Guardians, Shaper, Uber Atziri, Red Elder....

Little souvenir from Uber Atziri in there too
heya, first of all thank you for this great build, its been really fun so far for me. i've got a few questions hoping u could answer when u got some time.
1. with the life/mana leech nodes, where it says % physical damage leech, does it means only our physical damage can leech? where the elemental damage doesnt get counted towards the leech?
2. if i were to go AoF, and since it makes us only deal fire damage, does it mean the leeching nodes doesnt work anymore?
3. which route do u think would be most efficient with the current tree? i've looked into chaelp n bolton's tree, and they've both used a different route, would i need to respect if i go aof?

thanks!
Ign: Zanosaur
Hi, thanks for the guide. One thing I cannot understand - I followed the AOF route and the guide from EngineeringEternity. I was comparing my own POB with yours - and your, pardon, balls do about 60% more total DPS.

If I change my tree to yours in POB (= not use AOF etc.), I can kinda squeeze out (by specifically minmaxing jewels etc.) values about 20% lower than yours. And I am not sure what to think of - can I trust POB DPS value and should I actually respec to your build w/o AOF?
"
zanosaur wrote:
heya, first of all thank you for this great build, its been really fun so far for me. i've got a few questions hoping u could answer when u got some time.
1. with the life/mana leech nodes, where it says % physical damage leech, does it means only our physical damage can leech? where the elemental damage doesnt get counted towards the leech?
2. if i were to go AoF, and since it makes us only deal fire damage, does it mean the leeching nodes doesnt work anymore?
3. which route do u think would be most efficient with the current tree? i've looked into chaelp n bolton's tree, and they've both used a different route, would i need to respect if i go aof?

thanks!

Hi there, glad u enjoyed it!

1. Yes, physical leech is pretty useless for us. Hematophagy can be refunded if you feel you do not need the extra max % leech.
2. Not all leech nodes are physical-only. Vitality Void leeches from 'attack', so ele attack will still leech.
3. Cant really say much about efficiency, all variation of the build is tanky packed with high damage. If you want to go AoF, you can refund the points taken to a jewel socket, such as the one above Juggernaut passive and the one below Berserking.

TBH, molten strike with Ancestral Call is hard to mess up. Get some life nodes, some physical nodes and fire nodes, boom, you get a tanky-heavy hitter that does not suck at mapping.

Last edited by peterfang93 on Jan 12, 2018, 10:15:53 AM
"
morfodauns wrote:
Hi, thanks for the guide. One thing I cannot understand - I followed the AOF route and the guide from EngineeringEternity. I was comparing my own POB with yours - and your, pardon, balls do about 60% more total DPS.

If I change my tree to yours in POB (= not use AOF etc.), I can kinda squeeze out (by specifically minmaxing jewels etc.) values about 20% lower than yours. And I am not sure what to think of - can I trust POB DPS value and should I actually respec to your build w/o AOF?

First of all, a big reason why i didn't go for AoF is because I wanted to try the Watcher's Eye.
If you don't have other means to gain 100% conversion to fire, AoF will give u around 14% 'more' dmg.

Now, as to whether the dmg on PoB is accurate, I'd say pretty close. In shaper fights, the time I took to kill him is pretty close to a 2M+ DPS character. However, since balls requires some time before it land and do dmg, the dmg-time curve may look like a unstable stock, big chunk dmg done when shaper dont move and not-so-great dmg when he teleports away. To sum my experiences up, I am confident to say this build is at least 1M+ 'effective' against shaper without going SSBlue.

Should you change to AoF? If you have a FirePen Watcher's Eye, use ele focus and projectile weakness, and pick AoF. Loss around 450hp and gain around 17% 'more' dmg. If you want dmg and do not have the gears to give you the missing conversion, take AoF. If you do have the gears to help you do so, don't. Best efficient way to gain dmg without sacrificing life is to use Xoph + FirePen Watcher's Eye, in case you wanted to know xD.

PS 1. Using AoF will make Atziri's and Taste of Hate useless, resulting less dmg SSBlue mode, but higher normal mode.
PS 2. The stats I provided are calculated based on my PoB character, may differ by +-1%.
Last edited by peterfang93 on Jan 12, 2018, 10:08:41 AM
Still working out this build. Currently 77. Haven't quite got it all worked out (Life still too low)

I need to convert to a different belt - probably different gloves. I have tombfists but the shapers touch gives me more life. My belly is 6 sockets but I can't seem to get 5/6L to save my life. 500 fusings...no dice. I also have a Sibyls lament that I plop in on reflect maps. Wondering if there are other suggestions out there.

Last edited by tru2dgame on Jan 14, 2018, 11:54:14 AM
"
tru2dgame wrote:
Still working out this build. Currently 77. Haven't quite got it all worked out (Life still too low)

I need to convert to a different belt - probably different gloves. I have tombfists but the shapers touch gives me more life. My belly is 6 sockets but I can't seem to get 5/6L to save my life. 500 fusings...no dice. I also have a Sibyls lament that I plop in on reflect maps. Wondering if there are other suggestions out there.

Well, your helmet, boots and accessories provide none, that's why HP is so low.

Shaper's touch will provide around 110HP when your dex hit 440, multiply it with your life inc%, you can get around ~240HP. However, with Tombfist, the base 6% life provides ~130 life, two jewels altogether will provide ~70 base life, that 70 will get magnified by your passive and becomes ~180.
Get life on your abyss jewels, and Tombfist will carry you. It also provides you with attack speed so you can change your Sundance.
I've tried Carnage, but I prefer rare with 80 life and at least 60 resist. With some accuracy on the amulet, it'll be better than Carnage, at least imo.

Last edited by peterfang93 on Jan 15, 2018, 5:37:11 AM
Thanks peter. Ill start hunting abyss jewels to start, then amulet so i can adjust. Im at 3820 life now. Ill see where i can get it. I appreciate your reply.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info