[3.5][LeagueSC] TooManyBalls! (Grelwood Molten Strike, DecentMapping&SingleTarget, Farrul's Fur)

"
peterfang93 wrote:
"
Synreaver wrote:
Hi! Using this build (as much as I can at level 40) and it is fracking so powerful I'm constantly having to just skip through most of the mobs just to keep from +5 over leveling. My question is and please forgive me if I missed it, but on your 6L, what gems are you using other than the listed ones? I have the Oni (from Uber Hilock) so I've had room for gems from the get go. Thanks for your time.

You'll have even more fun once the attack speed get over 6 and 7, super saiyan mode.

My current 6L setup:
Molten Strike - Ancestral Call - Con. Effect - Elemental attack dmg - Ele Focus - Dmg on Full Life

Molten's single target is awesome, you can treat bosses like trash until you reach red tier maps. Something worth mentioning:
Spoiler

When i got to the final bosses in act 9 and act 10, my damage was so good, it actually skiped some phases. This will also happen when you meet them again in endgame maps, bosses like Kitava, Arrakali and innocence, will also get punched so hard that they'd just do what they do during phases twice in a roll and come back with little to none hp.

Thanks for the quick reply! Yah, I'm mowing through the content at a pace faster then I expected with this build. I tried to get a little "casty" with the extra 6 slot I've got but I'm so confused as how CWDT works in conjunction with the other gems linked to them.

As I understand it from reading the gem help text, it can support up to level 38 gems and lower. However, some gems like Immortal Call (level 6) no longer trigger when the damage threshold on CWDT (level 1) is reached. I also had this problem with curses like, Vulnerability, Punishment and Warlord's Call. Flammability and even Molten Shell ran into this problem. I've taken the previous 3 curses off just to see if maybe there was a limit to curses/gems that CWDT is allowed to have, but IC still won't trigger. I have to actually put it on my bar and manually trigger it. Edit: I just read a post from about a year ago where a player had a similar question and was explained to that player that the supported gems must be the same level or lower then the CWDT gem. If this is true then what's the "sweet spot" for leveling all the CWDT gems? Also, is it even worth it to have all the extra curses that I've put on with this build? Thanks again for your time.
"
Synreaver wrote:

...(CwDT things)...

Hi,

First of all, you can only cast one curse on enemy without special modifiers on your gear or passive tree. So having that many curses is redundant.

CwDT is a trigger gem, it will only trigger linked skills if they have lower or same level.
For example, CwDT level 1 is at lv38, it won't trigger your lv6 immortal call because lv6 IC is lv44.

Lots of builds run lv 1 CwDT and IC to get it to proc as often as possible. However, like many other players, I am lazy. Manually casting golem is a pain in the ass as golem dies easily on high tier maps. To make my gameplay less hectic, I like to link my golem with CwDT, and since Golems provide better stats when the are at a higher level, i level my CwDT to trigger it. Same thing with Molten Shell. Since we are pretty tanky, we don't really need IC to proc that often, we can afford to level CwDT to higher levels.

Again, same thing with curses, the higher level the curses are, the better. But with curses, we can cast them wit Curse on Hit and Blade Vortex. With CwDT, we can trigger BV to further trigger our curses. Since CoH and Curse are triggered by BV, we can level it past CwDT's level. This part can be a little tricky. My advise is to just try them out in game, find a safe map and let the mobs hit you to get a better understanding of how it works.

CWDT + IC helps with 2 things primarily:
1.) When running blood rage (physical dot) it activates the Soul of Arakali 1st upgrades life regen rate bonus
2.) IC protects us against the burst dmg from a pack of exploding procupines. Sometimes.
do you level your cwdt immortal call set up to level 20 for ice golem and molten shell?
"
peterfang93 wrote:
"
Synreaver wrote:

...(CwDT things)...

Hi,

First of all, you can only cast one curse on enemy without special modifiers on your gear or passive tree. So having that many curses is redundant.

CwDT is a trigger gem, it will only trigger linked skills if they have lower or same level.
For example, CwDT level 1 is at lv38, it won't trigger your lv6 immortal call because lv6 IC is lv44.

Lots of builds run lv 1 CwDT and IC to get it to proc as often as possible. However, like many other players, I am lazy. Manually casting golem is a pain in the ass as golem dies easily on high tier maps. To make my gameplay less hectic, I like to link my golem with CwDT, and since Golems provide better stats when the are at a higher level, i level my CwDT to trigger it. Same thing with Molten Shell. Since we are pretty tanky, we don't really need IC to proc that often, we can afford to level CwDT to higher levels.

Again, same thing with curses, the higher level the curses are, the better. But with curses, we can cast them wit Curse on Hit and Blade Vortex. With CwDT, we can trigger BV to further trigger our curses. Since CoH and Curse are triggered by BV, we can level it past CwDT's level. This part can be a little tricky. My advise is to just try them out in game, find a safe map and let the mobs hit you to get a better understanding of how it works.

Thanks again for the help and info. So much to learn.
Wouldn't 3 points for point blank be worth it?
"
Oasismikie wrote:
Wouldn't 3 points for point blank be worth it?

No, while using Grelwood Shank we get Point Blank already from them!
im dumb it seems lol
"
Oasismikie wrote:
im dumb it seems lol

Haha, you can pick it and use different weapons, your character would still be good that way.
heya, would soul taker be a good option to sub in one of the grels?
Ign: Zanosaur

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info