[3.2] Death's Oath Spirit Burst Trickster Clearspeed Build

"
Hmmm I just hit 4B1G on my death's oath (i.e. went from 3B1G up to 4B1G) - should I go back down to 4? I'm not made of jewelers. is there a reasonable 4U1G1R setup? Just inc. aoe instead of one of the greens I suppose? Or is there another blue alternative?
You could run arcane surge, inc aoe, conc effect, efficacy, swift affliction, and less duration reasonably well. It's hard to put it into exact numbers how much power you're losing by not having 3 blue and 2 green, since increased area of effect's value doesn't on paper increase dps, but instead is either a really good way to counterract the loss of aoe from conc effect, or a way to cover the majority of the map when you know you don't need that damage. If you compare void manipulation, the 2nd green socket you would ideally use to efficacy, you're losing out on ~10-14% more damage by using efficacy instead of void manipulation.

So if you can, drop back down to 3 blue 1 green and get that second green, but considering you won't get nearly the full effect of and extra support gem by doing so, it's not manditory if you're trying to save jewelers, just an extra thing you can do when you do have the jewelers. Also if you do get 3b 2g, play around with using inc aoe + conc effect instead of efficacy and see which you like more, a huge part of death's oath's value comes from having such large aoe, and yet conc effect is too good not to use in a lot of instances, so you can offset it with inc aoe.
Last edited by ArchieGriffs on Feb 19, 2018, 4:01:38 AM
Any updates for 3.2?
Update for 3.2?
"
Cthulhusquid wrote:
Any updates for 3.2?

"
Update for 3.2?

Updated to 3.2.

Just thought I'd list the biggest changes here in case anyone doesn't want to reread the whole thing.

Overall the cost of using a lightpoacher has gone up in bestiary league because of the increase to rarity and the price of abyss jewels, on top of you also needing to run faster projectiles support instead of void manipulation. Regular jewels are nearly as strong and much cheaper than abyss jewels now. So a regular death's oath build would be cheaper to run initially, and you can play around with lightpoacher and see if it's your thing/worth investing lots of money into abyss jewels for afterwards. The only major differences between my build and a regular death's oath build is lightpoacher/innsbury's edge for the chaos conversion, innsbury's edge are only necessary because of lightpoacher, so if you're dropping that having an increased despair effectiveness lab enchant is the best-in-slot for helmets, other things like voll's vision will work as well, but the despair enchant is the most useful. If you're not using innsbury's edge something like a breath of the council works really well, + a shield of your choice (the unshattered will isn't a terrible choice for uniques).

This build has overall been buffed in comparison to 3.1 (about 36% more damage) because of the despair enchant and the ascendancy changes. Ascendancy priorities/choices have been updated along with a few other things. Mentions of past league specific instructions have been removed. There might be a few things I'm missing, I'll need to go over the list of new uniques in 3.2 to see if there's anything worth considering, I haven't played bestiary league at all yet, so there's a good chance there's uniques worth looking out for.
Last edited by ArchieGriffs on Mar 20, 2018, 9:35:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info