[3.2] Death's Oath Spirit Burst Trickster Clearspeed Build

I'm currently leveling a super bastardized version of this as a CI Occultist. My tree had me really close to the witch jewel, the templar jewel, and the shadow jewel, so I thought to myself "why the fuck not? I've got the cash." I bought three inspired learning jewels. I need to figure out power and frenzy generation, since I'm gonna have the nodes anyway, but I think it might end up having ludicrous clear speed potential. My main this league is a boss-killing Spectre necro, so literally the only things I care about are AOE and going fast. I'm probably going to drop temp chains in favor of herald of ice for shatters from lightpoacher and whirling blades when HH buffs are up. With discipline and despair running the reduced reservation ammy I have just enough Mana left to comfortably fit HoI, I think.

I'll get a video once I'm lvl 80 (should have all the jewel sockets by then) and report back on how it feels.

Edit: just hit 64 and equipped impresence. Holy shit. It's not 100% reduced; it's 100% LESS. NO MANA RESERVED BY DESPAIR!!!

Well, that changes things. Damn, I really need more sockets. And fewer uniques.
Last edited by MasterWilhelm on Jan 17, 2018, 9:23:01 PM
"
MasterWilhelm wrote:
I'm currently leveling a super bastardized version of this as a CI Occultist. My tree had me really close to the witch jewel, the templar jewel, and the shadow jewel, so I thought to myself "why the fuck not? I've got the cash." I bought three inspired learning jewels. I need to figure out power and frenzy generation, since I'm gonna have the nodes anyway, but I think it might end up having ludicrous clear speed potential. My main this league is a boss-killing Spectre necro, so literally the only things I care about are AOE and going fast. I'm probably going to drop temp chains in favor of herald of ice for shatters from lightpoacher and whirling blades when HH buffs are up. With discipline and despair running the reduced reservation ammy I have just enough Mana left to comfortably fit HoI, I think.

I'll get a video once I'm lvl 80 (should have all the jewel sockets by then) and report back on how it feels.

Edit: just hit 64 and equipped impresence. Holy shit. It's not 100% reduced; it's 100% LESS. NO MANA RESERVED BY DESPAIR!!!

Well, that changes things. Damn, I really need more sockets. And fewer uniques.
That actually sounds really interesting, if a video is too much effort we can always meet in-game and you can show it to me
"
You raise good points, I have definitely been considering going after a Decay crafted weapon but at least in PoB the numbers for a simulated one don't look too impressive me to, only about 15k max DPS from the Decay, but I'm not sure exactly how it works. Does it stack indefinitely? If so that adds up quickly with BV hits. At the very least, I know I definitely need a faster attack speed weapon. I was using Innsbury's Edge up until I crafted this dagger.

As for that flask, I did not know about it, however, I am not so sure if it is worth using. I am mostly using Taste of Hate as a defensive flask with a small damage upside, and it is also functioning as my freeze flask. The poison flask is a paper DPS boost for me if I equip it in PoB, about 26%, however the flat Crit multiplier would actually lower the average initial hit damage of my BV quite a bit, not sure if backloading my damage so much would be a good thing over all. It's a very cheap flask though, so I will definitely give it a test. Thanks for pointing it out!

I was interested in seeing where you ended up but your gear is gone.

What happened?

Did you make any changes?
livejamie
I sold off the gear because I rolled a new char and only ever play one at a time. ^^; Realistically my DPS was actually garbage because Poison + BV is doubling up on methods of DPS that require set up time. So to get to the ~2m paper DPS I had would require sitting still casting BV for nearly 10 seconds. And on top of that, Despair and Temporal Chains made up for a humongous portion of my effective DPS, and against bosses they are both reduced by 80%, which was severely gimping me. The clear speed was still pretty good, but I wanted to be able to kill bosses and this build was just not good at it at all. The only change from the POB I posted a page or two back was using the new dagger I linked, I think.
Last edited by Dyaven on Jan 24, 2018, 11:32:14 AM
Pretty clever use of death's oath I like it... but still...60K aint much when todays META builds do 2 million+ so much sacrifice just to run Deaths oath. 6 sockets consumed..need 75% chaos res, etc Should be like does 2500 baseline to surrounding enemies then you have something to get excited about. That would be DPS in the 300K range like lower tier RF.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 27, 2018, 4:24:37 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Pretty clever use of death's oath I like it... but still...60K aint much when todays META builds do 2 million+ so much sacrifice just to run Deaths oath. 6 sockets consumed..need 75% chaos res, etc Should be like does 2500 baseline to surrounding enemies then you have something to get excited about. That would be DPS in the 300K range like lower tier RF.
It's good at what it does do which is anything but bossing. Obviously if your only metric in whether or not a build is good is how much dps you're dealing of course a build like this will fall short of your expectations. It really just depends on your perspective as something with twice the radius as RF has much more use for mapping, even if you remove most of its DPS. I have a LL RF guardian with significantly more currency invested in it that does significantly more dps and it doesn't hold a candle to death's aura in terms of clearing capability, and that's without a lightpoacher, with it there's not really any question, especially when you're comparing it to ease of use, you don't really have to worry about getting mobs in your radius because everything is in your radius.
Last edited by ArchieGriffs on Jan 28, 2018, 6:08:12 AM
if you would hit the 6th off color would you put area of effect instea less duration?
"
chipitaaaa wrote:
if you would hit the 6th off color would you put area of effect instea less duration?
I mean if we completely ignore the cost of doing it, sure. Less duration is what, less than 20% more damage as the 6th socket? Running both conc effect and inc aoe together gives the best of both worlds, both are incredibly useful supports, but I personally don't think it justifies the cost unless you're trying to level to 100. It costs roughly 29 chaos worth of jewelers ever time you want to try and hit that off color, and there's a good chance that it will be green instead of blue. So you're looking at at least spending 290 chaos on average. I'd have to get my hands on one with a 6 off color to know just how worth it it is, but in general I'd stay away from it simply from a cost perspective.
i hit th3 6th off color and blue cost me around 4000 jewellers , still the jewelers drop pretty easy so why not ; ty for advice
Hmmm I just hit 4B1G on my death's oath (i.e. went from 3B1G up to 4B1G) - should I go back down to 4? I'm not made of jewelers. is there a reasonable 4U1G1R setup? Just inc. aoe instead of one of the greens I suppose? Or is there another blue alternative?
Last edited by contemporaneously on Feb 18, 2018, 5:05:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info