[3.2] Death's Oath Spirit Burst Trickster Clearspeed Build

"
ArchieGriffs wrote:
Yeah I made one in 3.0 as well...

It's not a fun leveling process as a Scion. I had some help getting the labs completed.
I've revised the final tree more times than I can count.
This is a build that only gets stronger as it gets closer to level 100. It really could go beyond the level 100 cap.

I don't have the patience, time, nor knowledge of how to write a build on the forum.
I wish I did, though. I'd love to see what others feel about my version of the build.
"
NemesoK wrote:
"
cost me much more than 2k jews :D had few times 5th offcolour but wrong one ^^ after one i gave up and respecced to ed contagion. for 1 hour. this build is too fking awesome

Oh my bad, I think it is because it is an Armour and it is hard to hit the 3Blue2Green1Red, right ?

Chromatics is not better than the vorici's progressive method?
It's because of the high strength requirement that it's hard to get anything other than reds, strength might play a role it it, but I'm not entirely sure, I feel like ES/Evasion/Armor values only affect color chances when there's no requirement to begin with, facebreakers is a pretty good example of this.

It's about 3800 chromes vs. ~1500 jewelers, it ends up being roughly half the cost, and it's something you can take your time with as you'll progressively get more off colors, and death's oath becomes useful on its own at 3 off colors, and then jumps up in dps again with 4 off colors. The last red socket less duration does zero damage if arcane surge isn't socketed in it; the gist of why is that arcane surge adds duration tags which allows less duration and swift affliction to be added to death's oath for extra damage. Assuming you only have less than 1k jewelers to start out with but want to try and progressively more jewelers as time goes on the vorici method is much better because the majority of the costs come from the 5th off color and final 6 socket, but death's oath is still very much so usable with 4 off colors, the damage is okay in yellow maps but doesn't feel right until you get those last two.
"
Kade_wolf wrote:
"
ArchieGriffs wrote:
Yeah I made one in 3.0 as well...

It's not a fun leveling process as a Scion. I had some help getting the labs completed.
I've revised the final tree more times than I can count.
This is a build that only gets stronger as it gets closer to level 100. It really could go beyond the level 100 cap.

I don't have the patience, time, nor knowledge of how to write a build on the forum.
I wish I did, though. I'd love to see what others feel about my version of the build.
Yeah it's easily one of the most unique builds out there for a variety of reasons, and it's not at all a traditional type of build, so there's probably a lot of weird variants to it that haven't even been touched. Like I was messing with path of building to make a healthy mind jewel MoM guardian that reserved as much mana possible and got 90% phys damage reduction, 10k+ es etc., but it's roughly 55% of the dps, so it wouldn't feel good at all, and pathing over to shadow for the rest of the dps costs you half your EHP, so at that point it's better to just stay occultist that would get the same EHP and double the damage. It'd be relatively easy to add RF into the mix though.. hmm at that point it's just mostly a RF build and copying what has already been done, but still
Last edited by ArchieGriffs on Dec 31, 2017, 7:18:54 AM
"
ArchieGriffs wrote:
Yeah it's easily one of the most unique builds out there...

I've wondered if there was a way to combine RF with this build, actually. It would be an amazingly powerful combination if you can figure out how to make the life leech work well enough to compensate for so much damage to yourself.

I may try to work on that between leveling my new Flicker Strike in Abyss. I'm desperate to actually make that skill work. It's so much fun to play.
"
Kade_wolf wrote:
"
ArchieGriffs wrote:
Yeah it's easily one of the most unique builds out there...

I've wondered if there was a way to combine RF with this build, actually. It would be an amazingly powerful combination if you can figure out how to make the life leech work well enough to compensate for so much damage to yourself.

I may try to work on that between leveling my new Flicker Strike in Abyss. I'm desperate to actually make that skill work. It's so much fun to play.
It's mostly just a matter of running purity of fire instead of temporal chains, and assuming you aren't using lightbringer you use a shaper/elder 6l RF helmet for 20-40c instead and use a rise of the phoenix or shaper/elder max res shield to reduce the RF regen. On that random path of building build I was getting ~80k RF dps and 28k death's oath damage, it'd be pretty simple to switch out an aura and a shield slot to set it up. I feel like both can do significantly more dps so getting them to synchronize and get even more dps is probably a lot harder to do, but as far as managing life regeneration it shouldn't at all be a problem.
In the video at 0.28 there's some aura thing going on. Does Death's Oath now show an aura?
"
samlzy1993 wrote:
In the video at 0.28 there's some aura thing going on. Does Death's Oath now show an aura?
The little aura effect at the bottom?

Or this purple effect on the enemy? In both cases that's death's oath, so there's more of a visual effect now, or at least I assume so, it's been a while so I don't remember what is was like with my 3.0 version of this build. Definitely contributes to the feel of the build but it's unfortunately not something that shows the radius as obvious as righteous fire does. I have a feeling people would object against something like that because of pvp, but who knows.
Last edited by ArchieGriffs on Jan 3, 2018, 2:12:07 AM
Why not use Allelopathy for the Blight?
"
lucastb wrote:
Why not use Allelopathy for the Blight?

Alleopathy are really cheap right now, they were 25 chaos the first week into the league, so you're right it's a really good alternative at the start, before you're able to get your hungry loop ring going. There's not really any difference in strengths between a glove slot and a ring, except gloves can roll higher life which is an advantage, and later on, especially since this is a clear speed build you can insanity essence craft a pair of gloves which gives a substantial boost in movement speed and therefore clear speed, I'd argue essence crafting gloves is mandatory for any top-tier clear speed build. My low life RF guardian for example even though it has substantially more health, regen, and damage, because it has to wear a unique in the gloves spot and doesn't have something with 25%+ attack speed it ends up being 1/4th the clear speed as my death's oath build.

Short term allelopathy is great to use, especially while you're trying to get off colors for your death's oath and are relying on blight a bit more, and it's cheap now so it's worth the mention in the guide for a budget setup, but longterm the gloves are significantly more important for the clear speed side of the build.
Yeah but if you are using these gloves, you will lost a gem-setup no ?

I started your build this week, and it's pretty nice. I'm still leveling (level 79 right now) but seems i don't have a lot of hp. And it's long enough to eat support gem for using blight :D I really need more damage for bosses :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info