[3.2] Death's Oath Spirit Burst Trickster Clearspeed Build

"
ArchieGriffs wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Yeah, but Cospri / Autobombers are completely different builds. It's like advicing to try EK Lightpoacher :)

I was thinking about something comparably cheap and chaos damage based. Issue with shield charge is that you need FA and Fortify, so you are left with 2 less damage supports. Ideally you would want 4L, not 6L, because you need to do single-target somehow and Gloves of Insanity are BIS for shield charge.

Berserker can be great choice as well. Hell, even Pathfinder/Raider or something else can be great.

Also, there is Scion - can grab Occultist for -Res and Trickster for regen :p

What about Al Dhin for automatic Abyssal Cry cast? There is so many possibilites man.
Yeah i've definitely toyed with the idea of an Al Dinh berserker build, it probably would mix fairly well with death's oath since all you really need is shield charge to set it off, and death's oath is pretty lose on what kinds of weapons you can use. I really feel like there's so many half completed concepts or routes to take to be able to make a complete chaos build, it's just missing a few things like easier conversion, or its own unique that does something similar to poets pen, cospris' malice etc.

If there was a way to get contagion to spread automatically I could see a decay shield charge build working well, but as it stands a 6 linked shield charge build does roughly as much as death's oath and the difference in aoe is on a completely different league. I think it only cost ~ 30 mana as well, so it's not like you could use it to trigger kitava's thirst, and that's a helmet slot so no lightpoacher.

Do you think it's possible to get Shield charge going like that and almosut never run of spirit charges like that? That would be so awesome.

Yeah, something special for chaos damage would be great. What are options to convert phys to chaos atm? Anything new in 3.1 with all the crazy mods on items and uniques?
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Dec 24, 2017, 3:35:36 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Do you think it's possible to get Shield charge going like that and almosut never run of spirit charges like that? That would be so awesome.

Yeah, something special for chaos damage would be great. What are options to convert phys to chaos atm? Anything new in 3.1 with all the crazy mods on items and uniques?

I mean it'd be faster to link you to the wiki under chaos damage and it'll show you all the uniques, but the only thing new this league as far as conversion goes is shaped/elder rares that can convert 10-25% physical damage to chaos. I have yet to see a 25% conversion with 25% attack speed on top of it, typically the only ones you can find that are nice are worse than an innsbury edge, though there's the occasional sceptre with added damage to spells which helps blight, and I also snagged one that lets me generate endurance charges, but it was a foil with high dex requirements and I haven't really decided whether or not it's worth it.

As for being able to sustain charges with a chaos build.. probably not. Maximum number of charges is limited to how many jewels you have, and while I'm sure there's a lot of builds that stack more abyss jewels than mine, it's hard to imagine a build that has the perfect number of jewels along with the perfect way to generate them without stopping and having spirit burst actually deal a significant amount of damage. It's hard to imagine a chaos build accomplishing all of that.
Last edited by ArchieGriffs on Dec 24, 2017, 5:59:06 AM
How do you recommend getting the right colors for the six slot Death's Oath? Im playing on AHC to see if it is viable
"
How do you recommend getting the right colors for the six slot Death's Oath? Im playing on AHC to see if it is viable

I mentioned this in my guide before, but it costs ~1-2k jewelers, first start by bringing it down to two sockets with vorici, then use vorici to do "at least one blue and one green" using chromes, then use jewelers to bring it to 3 sockets, if it's red bring it back down to 2 using jewelers so on and so forth. There's an equal chance of getting both blue and green so the 4th off color isn't any different than the 3rd off color. You need 3 blues and two greens though, so I would try and at least leave 1 green and 1 blue as the 4th and 5th off color, so your 3rd off color should be blue, I imagine it will save you jewelers later unless you get lucky with which off colors show up. The 5th off color you're going to have to pray you get the right off color when you do get it, and hope that it doesn't take too long. In my experience it takes ~10 tries for an off color, so you could end up spending over 700 jewelers just for the 5th off color alone. It's kind of cruel, but it still beats having to six link something. I probably should make a video on it, there's just a little too much YT/recording learning involved to start doing it.

Feel free to add me in-game under Archie_Abyss, I should be online a lot and I can answer any questions
what did you do for the bandits
"
Devilswings5 wrote:
what did you do for the bandits
Completely skipped my mind and I forgot to add it to the guide, sorry. 2 passive points is fine, especially when it's the difference between having an extra jewel socket or not. Oak isn't a bad choice, but abyss jewels are a bit too strong to not take over any other options.
Okay im still testing build for bosses(hate mapping and leaving bosses alive).
When im going to fight boss im switching:

head to https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Voll%27s_Vision

1h to https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lioneye%27s_Remorse

1h to Sai with around spell dmg, 6%block

Almost killed uber izaro (died at last phase, like 5% left cuz fking broken flask didnt fill after killing mobs). im killing many bosses up to t12 too, depends on mods.

my chest is still 5s, im unlucky with jewellers
hungry loop only consumed 2 supports yet

help me guys to improve. what weapons|shield/weapon/head i can use to improve my survivality

and is blight best option for hungry loop? i hate being stunned in 1 place channeling from short range, some bosses jsut shit on me. even abyssal mobs, those assasins or whatever it is, they can 1shot me if wont swap to shield/sai :/
Last edited by 3ryk on Dec 25, 2017, 9:22:12 PM
"
3ryk wrote:
Okay im still testing build for bosses(hate mapping and leaving bosses alive).
help me guys to improve. what weapons|shield/weapon/head i can use to improve my survivality

I'll try starting with some of the cheaper things that might help improve bossing survivability and then work into the more expensive upgrades. Tukohama's minor pantheon will give you more regeneration if you've been standing still, so if you have a siege map and a divine vessel that should be fairly easy to take care of. Any of the other pantheon bonuses from arakali that you can get will help out as well, I've noticed lightning based bosses, specifically the elder guardian one gave me the hardest trouble at first, so the "shock and horror" pantheon bonus is worth grabbing. Arachnoxia paired with a blood rage gem will force that 50% increased recovery rate of life everytime immortal call goes off. Armala the widow is the hardest pantheon bonus to get, but it's essentially reducing the amount of chaos damage you're taking from death's oath and therefore increasing your regen. Make sure you have a few of the rare abyssal jewels mentioned in the guide, since you're having trouble with abyssal rare dps having one jewel that has increased damage against abyssal monsters isn't a bad idea.

This last one might be the biggest boost to your dps temporarily while you're still feeding the hungry loop with gems, and also trying to get a 5th off color is by using two spreading rot blight jewels. I'm assuming you're only 2/4 of the support gems and running a 3 link blight, but those jewels will still help out massively, they each buff death's oath damage by 12-15% each, along with buffing your blight damage by that much as well. Ideally you want to wane off them when your blight damage is fine so that you can have as many spirit burst charges as possible. If you look at the level 91 tree there's two added jewel slots so it's much easier to maintain both the spreading rot along with being able to have a lot of max spirit burst charges. So if you need to you can try respeccing your points to look more like that earlier than level 91.

As far as more expensive upgrades go:

For purely bossing, weapon swapping to the breath of the council if you can afford it, it's a pretty substantial increase to blight's damage, especially the chaos skill effect duration, it will let you stack blight more on bosses, especially when you have to move out of the way. Getting one of the vitality watcher's eyes, either increased life regeneration, or flat life regeneration will help your recovery speed as well, but those are fairly expensive, last week the flat life regeneration one was ~50 chaos but it's up to 90, and the other one is even more expensive. Voll's vision is absolutely a good choice for bossing, another one that works is any helmet with the lab enchant "increased effect of the buff granted by your stone golem. There's a few different versions of that one, but the 100% on should be relatively cheap as far as lab enchants go, the 150% one might be more expensive. Death's oath on its own is fine as far as clearing goes until you have some of the items that make everything fall into place and make lightpoacher a more viable option without losing out too much boss killing potential.

Spoiler

and is blight best option for hungry loop? i hate being stunned in 1 place channeling from short range, some bosses jsut shit on me. even abyssal mobs, those assasins or whatever it is, they can 1shot me if wont swap to shield/sai :/
A solid & unique build.

+1
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
okay guys little update. i made some changes to the eq and jewels and i literally facetanked Uber izaro with changing weapon set and head.
For boss fights now im using sai with 500 decay chaos mod (not even sure if it works with blight)
and https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rathpith_Globe
also changed boots for https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atziri%27s_Step
the challenge was to achieve maximum resists cuz of boots change

im still not sure what ascendancy should i use
Weave the Arcane (can i even proc it with those little mana costs in build?)
or
Walk the Aether
Last edited by 3ryk on Dec 27, 2017, 9:45:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info