3.1 Volatile Cyclone Inquisitor

Creation of Cyclone + CoMK + Volatile Dead Inquisitor

It is a great build that uses some good old mechanics together with new ones to get comfortable and unique gameplay style.

Videos

The video with very first CoMK Volatile dead Cyclone.

My video guide with some gameplay on tier 12 map.
Sorry for my pure English, working on it.
Also I don't use Concentrated Effect any more. Now I am using Chance to Ignite.

Atziri run

Eradicator - Lightning Elder Guardian in T9 Scriptorium
Enslaver - Physical Elder Guardian in T5 Ivory Temple
Purifier - Fire-Physical Elder Guardian in T6 Wharf
Constrictor - Poison-Physical Elder Guardian in T8 Laboratory

Elder in T7 Bazaar

T11 Promenade
I'll add some more maps gameplay without talking and also will remake the guide with updates.
Also I'll try Shaper guardians when I'll get to high tier maps.

Path of Building calculations

Attention!
This calculations have been made 12/24/17 and can be too old.
For the best result, please, copy pastebin url into your Path of Building and try yourself.

Without 20/20 gems, jewelry swap, charges, and other configuration checkboxes

Without flasks

Martyr of Innocence

Oro's Sacrifice single target

With flasks

Martyr of Innocence

Oro's Sacrifice single target

With flasks, 20/20 gems, on consecrated ground, have been hit recently, jewelry swap, ignited, ignited enemies and have block recently

Martyr of Innocence

Oro's Sacrifice single target + frenzy charges

Main idea of the build

The main idea was to get maximum from support gems and items for both spell and attack.
We want to be quick so we are using cyclone as main melee attack, and the volatile fire spheres destroys other enemies.

I am using 6 linked Martyr of Innocence Highborn Staff

This item is the strongest for this build because of it's flat fire damage to attacks and spells. Also the staff has a lot of block chance.

This is not crit version of the build because it requires expensive jewelry and the other part of inquisitor ascendancy tree will bring more defense in our build.

Pros

+ Interesting
+ Can handle high tier maps
+ Extremely comfortable
+ Decent clear speed
+ High block chance and life regeneration
+ Great flexibility
+ Up to 6% Life leech
+ Great against bosses with aids, warbands and double/triple bosses.
+ Cyclone

Cons

- Low physical damage reduction
- No instant leech
- Weak against heavy spell damage
- Relies on flasks during boss fights
- Requires 6 link
- Cyclone

Cast on melee kill support gem mechanics

Cast on melee kill (CoMK) is a support gem that allows you to cast a spell linked to your melee attack gem.

It requires 3 links minimum to start working.

The spell and attack can be supported by other gems, which can work for both attack and spell gems.

The more links you have, the better result will be.

Also try to get gems in setup from which benefits both spell and melee attack.

Volatile dead gem mechanics

Volatile dead is a gem that have two stages:
1. You target a place on the ground and up to three corpses explode, dealing fire damage in area equal to some % of the corpse's maximum health.
2. Explosion leaves flaming spheres, which will target nearby enemies and explode even in larger area.

The first state don't benefit from spell damage, but the second do.
So the main way to scale the damage is from fire damage and area damage.

CoMK targets corpses using some kind of AI, works pretty good.

Gem links

Attention!
Do not use this if you don't have 6 linked armor or weapon. CoMK works best with 6 links because it requires 2 gems for spell and CoMK + 1 for attack. If you will try to use it in 4 or 5 linked setup you will face a lot of difficulties. Tabula rasa will be great to start with.

Gem links are:
1. Cyclone
2. CoMK
3. Volatile dead
4. Fire penetration
5. Chance to Ignite
6. Immolate

I discovered that you can also use Concentrate Effect and/or Elemental focus instead of Immolate and Chance to Ignite

All the support gems works for both Cyclone and Volatile Dead.
You can try some other gems setup, but I like this one. AOE is quite good even with concentrate effect. And socket colors are also easy to roll for this setup in the staff.

Also you can use another gem setup for single target DPS in your armor or weapon swap slot.
Gem links are:
1. Cyclone
2. Elemental damage with attacks
3. Fire penetration
4. Immolate
5. Faster attack
6. Life leech

What I am using now

And I am using this guys for gem swap in different cases
Blind Fortify

I am using Anger aura to get more damage for both Cycone and Volatile Dead
For the remaining mana I use Blaspheme + Warlord's Mark

Gear

Main weapon is the Martyr of Innocence
It has lots of base fire damage to attacks and spells, it rewards you with being in the center of hte fight and it gives you huge block change.

And currently I am using weapon swap Oro's Sacrifice Infernal Sword for the single target DPS.

You can also try Ngamahu's Flame Abyssal Axe with Avatar of fire because passive tree nodes will work for Molten Burst as well.

For the helmet I am using Devoto's Devotion Nightmare Bascinet as an excellent choice for movement speed for Cyclone. It provides huge amount of attack and movement speed as well as dexterity for our Oro's Sacrifice.
But you can try Crown of Eyes Hubris Circlet with some spell damage near templar area.
Also it will benefit of inquisitor Instruments of Virtue ascendancy node.

Also I am using ring and amulet swap for more leech/dps
Eye of Innocence Moku's Embrace

Attention!
Due to Consecrated Ground nodes of Inquisitor we are immune to Elemental Ailments, so we can't be ignited on Consecrated Ground. Eye of Innocence must be used only on heavy bosses with no aids and not frequent attacks/spells.
Also you can use Xoph's Heart / Xoph's Blood on tier 13-16 maps to get maximum from your amulet slot.

My current gear

Flasks

I tried also The Writhing Jar flasks to generate worms to get more volatile spheres.

But weapon swap is more comfortable.

Passive skill thee

Regular one

For POE Builder (pastebin)

Bandits

Kill them all.
Or take Oak if you like to. Phys mitigation with life regeneration is not bad choice.
Alira can help if you don't have resists.

But I killed all.

About bandit rewards

Pantheon of Gods

Soul of Solaris for more defense against bosses.
Soul of Ralakesh for more bleed damage mitigation.

We don't need stun immunity, because we can't be stunned while cycloning.
And we don't need reflect damage mitigation, because we'll not run elemental reflect maps.

About Pantheon of Gods

Leveling

I did not level up this character myself, just respeced it from smth.

However I think that it will be the best to level up using pure Volatile Dead setup until you can equip Martyr of Innocence with Tabula Rasa.

Also you can try Cycloning with any common unique physical damage weapon with Avatar of Fire node if you can get Tabula Rasa early.

I'll think about leveling more but later.
Please, leave your suggestions in the comments.
Last edited by nihrom999 on Jan 2, 2018, 3:58:12 PM
Last bumped on Jan 21, 2018, 3:48:29 AM
Looks fun, gonna level one.

2 questions

do you think you can do yellow tier while still with a Tabula to farm some currency for the 6 link Martyr?

Why only use the Eye of innocese on certain boss

Of to leveling,

"
sparkdaniel wrote:
do you think you can do yellow tier while still with a Tabula to farm some currency for the 6 link Martyr?

Sure, you can use tabula, because your defense comes from block chance and leech, not from armor.

"
sparkdaniel wrote:
Why only use the Eye of innocese on certain boss

You can use eye of innocence as your main amulet before you'll get your uber lab nodes. Consecrated Ground is to strong to skip the last node.

I am also interested in Ngamahu variant.
Last edited by nihrom999 on Dec 25, 2017, 7:55:30 AM
Since VD is a big part of the build, how would you imagine it doing on bosses where these corpses are not always readily available?

Seems really cool for mapping. Will keep an eye on your post.
"
Freddydaking wrote:
Since VD is a big part of the build, how would you imagine it doing on bosses where these corpses are not always readily available?

I am currently Ok with Oro's Sacrifice, damage is not amazing, but I can kill t10-t12 bosses without problems. Also Elder T7 done with all his guardians, check the video.

General maps are quite fast and I am usually using Bisco's to get more farm. But I have Xoph's heart as well for tier 15 and stuff.

Also I am thinking about Vaal Breach on bosses, can be VERY GOOD.
What about the bandits just kill them all or?..
have you considered incorporating a desecrate into the build? I see you have a lot of open links
"
NexTiMe wrote:
What about the bandits just kill them all or?..

I killed all bandits.
"
jtekco wrote:
have you considered incorporating a desecrate into the build? I see you have a lot of open links

Desecrate will not work on bosses. No kills - no volatiles.
On white/blue/rare monsters we have no problems with corpse creation.

However there are some cases desecrate can help, I just don't like pressing million buttons.
Last edited by nihrom999 on Dec 30, 2017, 1:53:09 AM
"
nihrom999 wrote:
"
jtekco wrote:

Desecrate will not work on bosses. No kills - no volatiles.
On white/blue/rare monsters we have no problems with corpse creation.

However there are some cases desecrate can help, I gust don't like pressing million buttons.

I was thinking like a desecrate + writhing jar for boss rooms. Allows us to kill and still spawn the volatiles.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info