Alching maps might be rolling only three mods sometimes

I'm not sure what exactly is going on here:

Screenshot

I alched this Shaped Dunes and to my knowledge (and by checking possible rolls on poedb) it appears like this map only has three modifiers: Of Vulnerability, Mirrored (ele reflect) and Fleet (monster movement/attack/cast speed).

I'm aware that poedb might not be accurate, as in fact it does not state monster cast speed as a part of the "Fleet" mod. Is there a separate roll for "monster attack and cast speed"?

It gets interesting when adding together the listed values (on poedb, which again could be wrong) for quantity, rarity and pack size of the listed mods.

Of Vulnerability = 13/8/5
Fleet = 19/11/7
Mirrored = 10/6/4
20% quality = 20/0/0

The map itself lists 75/33/21 for quantity/rarity/pack size. If we add up all the numbers, there is a clear deficit for a fourth mod:

Simple calculs

Listed mods quantity = 13 + 19 + 10 + 20 = 62
Listed mods rarity = 8 + 11 + 6 + 0 = 25
Listed mods pack size = 5 + 7 + 4 + 0 = 16

Missing quantity = 75 - 62 = 13
Missing rarity = 33 - 25 = 8
Missing pack size = 21 - 16 = 5

This leads me to think there is in fact a fourth modifier on the map, since I did alch it, but it's somehow not listed ingame. It would have the following iiq/iir/pack size value:

Unlisted modifier = 13/8/5

When checking poedb (final disclaimer: can be wrong) there are a number of mods that list these exact iiq/iir/pack size numbers:

Matching affixes for 13/8/5

Prefixes:

First off, the wide range of "Area is inhabited by" modifiers, though not all of them:
Skeletal (skeletons), Capricious (goatmen), Slithering (sea witches), Undead (undead), Emanant ( ), Demonic (demons), an unnamed mod ( ), Solar (Solaris fanatics), Lunar (Lunaris fanatics), Haunting (ghosts).

Next, a few more possibilities further down the list:
Unwavering (Cannot be stunned, %monster life), Armoured (phys damage reduction), Fecund (%monster life), Titan's (unique boss life & AoE), Hexwarded (less curse effect), Empowered (chance to cause ailments on hit), Resistant (Elemental and chaos resist)

Suffixes:
Of giants (area of effect), all of the curse mods, of Drought (reduced flask charges), of Rust (less armour, reduced block), of Miring (unlucky dodge, increased monster accuracy), of Impotence (less player AoE), of Frenzy/Endurance/Power (charge on hit).

Two specific modifiers stand out to me there:
For the first, according to poedb, there is an unnamed prefix for "Area is inhabited by ___". If this is in fact in the game, is this causing an unlisted/unnamed mod that adds iiq/iir/pack size to the map for free? Or is there another "Area is inhabited by ___" mod that simply isn't listed? When running the map, there was no clear type of enemies spawned, the map had the signature raptor riders and a variety of other monsters. Bandits, infested leapers, laser eyes, etc. Screenshot of some of those.

The second one is in the suffixes, namely all of the curse mods. I'm not certain if yellow tier maps can roll more than one curse suffix, while red tier maps can. I made a separate post about the fact that this Shaped Dunes (red) is rolling 15% elemental reflect, which is a yellow-tier modifier. So a second possible explanation could be that the map rolled two curses on the red base, but the second one was overwritten because it's a shaped red base?

So much for armchair debugging, I hope this can help track the issue down, I've had at least one other map that seemed to be missing a modifier like this before.
Last edited by Lacante on Dec 19, 2017, 6:45:38 AM
Last bumped on Dec 19, 2017, 5:47:39 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Accidentally a paragraph up there, fixed.
Last edited by Lacante on Dec 19, 2017, 5:36:58 AM
According to this report the Bipedal (area is inhabited by Humanoids) prefix might be causing the issue here.

It's missing from poedb, but also does not seem to work with the map itself, as the map was not spefically inhabited by humanoid monsters.
Last edited by Lacante on Dec 19, 2017, 5:53:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info