Ghetto map generated with boss area out of reach

Bug report reference: 3 290 301 045

I have searched every inch of this map multiple times and have not encountered the boss. There are no more mobs left in sight but /remaining says there are 24. The only suspicious area is this unexplored upper corner place just out of bounds.

Last bumped on Apr 1, 2018, 11:53:27 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Same happened to me:
happened the same to me ... i can see some mobs in an unreacheable area where probably the boss is :-/

Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
Last edited by ObscureBalrog on Dec 20, 2017, 9:04:28 AM
same thing for me, is this getting fixed?
Yes, it's being fixed.
Those stairs down that the character is standing on, shown in the image in this post, create a height that's lower than the adjacent boss arena & its occuring on the corners of two rooms. There's no overlap corner tile that'd add a height-change stair up again.
In the level layout the boss arena is a free floating node that's agnostic to its connections. It relies on room overlap to join it to the rest of the level, so it just happened to hit a legit join that causes a path-blocking case. It doesn't prevent the area generating which is why it's hard to spot (until you do).

So the fix seems to be just to prevent those stairs from occuring there.
In terms of area generation, this is quite rare, so I'm very happy to have reproduced the bug and fixed it. The change will be included in an incremental patch coming soon.
same thing happened
same here. cannot be done
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
Just saying "same here" is not good enough in this forum. Get a screen shot and a bug report number.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
"
tomofnz wrote:
Yes, it's being fixed.
Those stairs down that the character is standing on, shown in the image in this post, create a height that's lower than the adjacent boss arena & its occuring on the corners of two rooms. There's no overlap corner tile that'd add a height-change stair up again.
In the level layout the boss arena is a free floating node that's agnostic to its connections. It relies on room overlap to join it to the rest of the level, so it just happened to hit a legit join that causes a path-blocking case. It doesn't prevent the area generating which is why it's hard to spot (until you do).

So the fix seems to be just to prevent those stairs from occuring there.
In terms of area generation, this is quite rare, so I'm very happy to have reproduced the bug and fixed it. The change will be included in an incremental patch coming soon.

This is an official reply.
Just had this happen to me.
Last edited by Bad_Cluster on Jan 2, 2018, 2:50:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info