Water Technology in Path of Exile

"
unlucky_child wrote:
Do we really need something like that??

"
Saraneth wrote:
People that are having FPS issues... I don't get it. I am playing the game on a 5 year old LAPTOP and I can get 60FPS with everything maxed. The game is so well optimized.

And your Laptop cost was 4k USD.

2K NZD so 1400 USD
Last edited by Saraneth on Dec 18, 2017, 10:35:19 PM
Absolutely breath taking water graphics - I still stop to admire it from time to time.

Looking forward to more graphics tricks GGG - how about the lava effects?
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Nice~
This was a great read! I noticed the water improvements immediately when they went into effect. You can really tell the hard work that was put in.
Alex, the water effects are incredibly immersive, and the change in atmosphere from the old tech shocked me in places like the Beacon, and the Strand Map. I kept running through it and enjoying the way the light played off of it. Incredible work.
Ruby light of Songbird dreaming,
Daring King of Swords deceiving,
Queen of Sirens left in grieving,
Star of Wraeclast evermore.
I read about it in the patch notes for 3.0 but as 3.0 was the first time I'd played for quite some time I figured there must now be some use for large amounts of water. Seems like overkill to be spending this amount of thought for something that doesn't really affect the game, yes a more pretty game is always going to be appreciated by someone, but I guess my priorities would be aimed at something more useful.
honestly super cool, dudes
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
Congrats Alex on your result--Some of the best looking water I have seen in games! Also cloth mechanic's look great too!
I really like the new water system. Great job on the hard work Alex.
The water looks absolutely stunning especially in shallow pools in maps like conservatory where their will be a rainbow like reflection.

I just hope it's not what killed fps in 3.0.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info