[3.1]Abyssal Wander Deathless Shaper & HOGM Videos

people like cool .gifs. here you go. no vaal haste & vinktar.

Deathless shaper, full video is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv37Ek2165k&feature=youtu.be

Sorry for my music taste! lol!

NEW!!
latest pathfinder shaper kill video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcDg9UtSTp8&feature=youtu.be

HOGM Clear, Newest Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA0OCSq2wDg&feature=youtu.be

Attention:

Full Guide will be written after i kill the shaper smoothly.(on it!) I decided to write a guide after i almost one shotted über atziri. There is nothing fancy about this build, this is just an implementation of abyss items to generic ele wander with piscators. The dps is really high all thanks to the jewels and overtuned abyss items.

It's being wander, it's totally unefficient solution to clear content and kill bosses, yet the more you invest on it the more it gets better. That said, this type of wander is even harder to make & and play with since it completely relies on jewels and being able to get/buy jewels. Besides jewels, this spec is expensive and requires a lot of key items to work. I would say this is a wand build for veterans who knows how to make currency and likes to play wander. 10M barrage effective dps is not far from possible. that's our goal.

The build can work with 2 ascendancy classes, Raider is recommended for those who are lacking proper dps, or if you want to farm shaper early in the leagues but once you get the flasks needed and better items pathfinder becomes a way better choice.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2074559
this build has a scion version now, x2 dps, a bit more tankier, harder to use and slower at movespeed. Scion is better boss killer, leveling with her is slower but smoother.

i'm sharing here my lvl 90 5l dps here which is 127k. i'm saying it's 5l cause 6th gem is the elemental penetration gem which gives 37% global ele penetration. if you put that multiplier into calculations the dps gets 173.99k dps. No vaal haste, i didn't use or any other dps modifiers to inflate the dps such as vaal haste, it's just me in boss rooms. Please note that there are 2 different trees, and this is done with the one which uses a lot of jewels(gives better dps and everything)

gear:

Spoiler

stats at lvl 90

Spoiler
equalized resists for wise oak & 5.55k life 36%
dodge 18% block

Spoiler
The good part of the build is since we are capping resists only with +all resistanc% affixes from items and jewels it's really easy to use wise oak at it's maximum potential

this will bring 13% more durability vs elemental damage and around 20% more penetration(more damage)

Completely basing the damage output to the coming #-# flat damage from jewels. So
this chest can grant almost as good life as belly of the beast and mana like Cloak of Defiance.

since the jewels are the main dps source of this build, the unique wand which gets benefit from +flat damage most
is chosen.

To be able to stack as much as jewels as possible into our build wew use 2 socketed abyss items

You can start using 1 socketed ones and as you get more chaos orbs in your stash you can ugrade your items to the 2 socketed ones.

not needed at all, it's expensive item and it's just makes aligning all the resists to each other much easier. Until igot my pair of abyssal boots i was using,
just cap your resists you know.

don't forget to link a murderous eye jewel here to get 10% more damage(intimidation mechanic)

assuming you can't get dying sun early in the league, use GMP gem instead of slower projectiles. since barrage has 4 projectiles as base, adding 4 more but cutting 25% damage would bring 50% more damage like elemental focus gem.

Rings.
just slam some shrieking essence of torment on opal ring bases, essences are 2c each, and i takes 5-6 tries max to get something good. for 15-20c you can get good jewels with decent dps roll. same for amulets. this is a starter solution, as you get more currency aim for %all resists rings which has flat damage + accuracy if possible and high life.

your 6th link is 37% global elemental penetration and this chest grants physical damage immunity for 3 seconds which has 45 seconds cd. that's amazing. The chance that immunity can get triggered is 20% for each of your attacks.

to be able to have capped resists and high life pool, i link my life & resist jewels here.

this is a luxury to be able to run wrath & anger together. It's a great solution. But not necessary to make build work.

my jewels:

some are far from being good as you can see. i'll try to get more accuracy from my jewels. i have 2600 atm.

Spoiler
KB goes here
Barrage Setup
wrath anger setup, if you don't have such shield, Wrath + ice for map clearing wrath + thunder for bosses.
CoH + assasin's mark if you want power charges(you'll generate charges as you kill with the gem embedded inside of the helmet) vaal haste + duration if you are okay without charges.
ice golem + phase run(good for mobility)

cwdt + immortal call is recommended. vaal haste + duration may come here if you are using assasins mark + coh setup at the helmet.

Spoiler
obviously we are using vaal pact to be able to handle

Forces of Nature
Primeval Force
and Arcing Blows for penetration(remember that bosses have 40% all resists)

Assasination
ThroatSeeker
Heart Seeker for crit damage scaling

tree if you can afford buying a lot of jewels(raider): http://poeurl.com/bHgS

https://pastebin.com/y3ZDujt9 pob code
almost 5.9k life at lvl 95. 3.34M shaper dps.

No stupid inflations at pob code.
6k life feels like the best while mapping tbh.

http://poeurl.com/bJcN Tree, lvl 95 tree.

lvl 93, cut the Crackling Speed

lvl 91, cut the heart of oak,

lvl 88, cut one of the jewel slots.

raider & ascendant & pathfinder comparison is here

Spoiler

In perfect world, where you can have perfect gear and such Pathfinder would be better but since we are here in a league where it's hard to find proper items even when you have enough currency, we have to rely on dps provided by the tree & ascendancy choices more than items as much as we can.
Raider gives us movespeed so you can catch those EK & Glacial Cascade miners and even clear faster than them, through frenzy charges we get plenty of dps which our HO dps get's multiplied by almost 2.

So shortly let's make it tl;dr:

You can use vinktar
Status immune
Very high dps
High Mobility
lesser survivability than pathfinder
Easy to micro.

There is a another choice though which is using Ascendant Raider and one another dps / or tanky ascendant class choice. Scion is better for collecting jewel sockets, that's for sure. HEre i am talking about 2 class choices:

Ascendant Raider vs Raider

"
10% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge when you hit a Rare or Unique enemy

vs

"
20% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge when you Hit a Rare or Unique Enemy

this is big difference even though it doesn't look like it, i like to reach the full potential of my burst damage in shortest time as possible rather than having high tooltip dps to show off people at forums. however, even the damage is better with raider.

the biggest reason of going raider is when you are on full charges you get status ailments immunity -> you can use vinktar flasks which grants 35-130 additional light damage to attacks, it's like additional gem to your 6l. also it brings 10% more damage cause the bosses are going to be shocked.

this makes raider to have more damage with better quality of life,

vinktar

vs

+1.5% to Critical Strike Chance of Assasin,

definitely vinktar is better

pathfinder vs raider:

i spec'd to pathfinder now. To compare both,

Pathfinder has more penetration which is like 10% from ascendancy, 7.5% more from perfect wise oak. she has +1 projectiles in case you are using conqueror's potency.

so, let's remember with totally same setup,

86k with pathfinder, almost 50% less you'd say.

but here is the correct calculation, since pathfinder has 17.5% more penetration first we'll multiply this with 86.9k x1.175 = 102.1k

then since we have +1 projectile, we'll multiple this with 16%. having an increase from 6 arrow to 7 is like 16% more damage, roughly.

118.32K dps is the dps which we should compare to 127k. Take note that in boss fights, it takes time to have frenzy charges fully recharged.

so, if you have perfect wise oak and all equal resists, high roll vinktar, and dying sun -> Pathfinder is the way to go.

POB Code,

https://pastebin.com/zTGJumCU
2.7M barrage DPS,
intimidate comes from the linked murderous eye jewel. I think the pob code is extremely fair, people use spell + curse on hit + proj weakess to inflate their damage, we don't need it, don't we? Also to check someone's claims about the builds DPS, check in how many seconds they kill minotaur, minotaur has 10.5M health, if it takes 10 second it's 1M build. Just make you know.

Spoiler
First steps and requirements to meet,

A good rare boots with high resists,
note about bubonic trail:
Spoiler
don't start with Bubonic Trail 1 or 2 sockets to this build.

this is one of the last items you'll get at the progression of the build.

this is the heart of the build, without getting one don't start trying this build out. The reason is, since this chest provides a lot of health as you get more jewels, without it you'd have really low health. It's not enough alone though, that chest has to be fed with jewels and we need a lot of jewel slots,

1 or 2 sockets depending on your budget are MUST get for this build.

If you have
this belt you need 4 abyss jewels iwth 10% all elemental resistances on them, if not, fix your resists with 1 or 2 jewels, boots and a normal abyssal belt.

If you have all these and piscator's, you can start making the build! I recommend using raider if you just have starter items since you might lack dps.

search for such shield, attack speed + life 100%, all resistances.

try to get an atziri's promise too if possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advancing the build

start getting 2 socketed ones. Increase your 10% all resistance jewels to 4 or 5 and advance to

We should get greedy! To be able to run 2 BIG auras or wrath + thunder(or ice) with empower,
upgrade your shield to something like that. Try to get all reesistances roll on it instead of particular different +% resistance rolls to be able to get benefit from wise oak most.

Time to call flasks to our help,

get attack vinktar and wise oak. After getting this you can advance to pathfinder.

try to get cool jewels.

i paid 4-5c for these and bench-crafted them. Diamond ring are always cheaper and the deeps difference between opals for the leagues is quite ignorable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moving to the High-End Game

get your bubonic trail 2 socketed, roll 10% pen of this enchantment on it.

get shaped ring bases and try to roll them good with essence of torments. Get assasin's mark.
get dying sun.

Get +1 barrage enchantment on your helmet.

get gg jewels like that. Fill all your slots with them.

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jan 18, 2018, 5:34:38 AM
Last bumped on Apr 16, 2018, 8:43:14 PM
Looks nice :)

Waiting for more info.
Doesnt Scion (Raider/Assassin) outscale Raider with gg jewels, because you can get more jewel slots on the tree?
"
vtepezh wrote:
Doesnt Scion (Raider/Assassin) outscale Raider with gg jewels, because you can get more jewel slots on the tree?

"
10% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge when you hit a Rare or Unique enemy

vs

"
20% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge when you Hit a Rare or Unique Enemy

this is big difference even though it doesn't look like it, i like to reach the full potential of my burst damage in shortest time as possible rather than having high tooltip dps to show off people at forums. however, even the damage is better with raider.

the biggest reason of going raider is when you are on full charges you get status ailments immunity -> you can use vinktar flasks which grants 35-130 additional light damage to attacks, it's like additional gem to your 6l. also it brings 10% more damage cause the bosses are going to be shocked.

this makes raider to have more damage with better quality of life,

vinktar

vs

+1.5% to Critical Strike Chance of Assasin,

definitely vinktar is better
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Dec 19, 2017, 10:26:29 AM
sounds like a great idea, definitely following your theorycrafting insides after signalshot thread.
Do you have any adjusted PoB pastebin with all jewels included?

Also any idea how to fit in KB with Barrage in setup? Have you tried to run KB on 3l in this case?
"
qqblowa wrote:
sounds like a great idea, definitely following your theorycrafting insides after signalshot thread.
Do you have any adjusted PoB pastebin with all jewels included?

Also any idea how to fit in KB with Barrage in setup? Have you tried to run KB on 3l in this case?

Since my gear is really good, i just swap my gems at boss rooms where bosses are not close to walls(if they are you can simply kill them by attacking to walll with KB and overlapping explosions kill as fast as barrage), that's all. I'll try to come with better sounding solution though.
The other solution i'm using is (in vinktar map for example) using my chests with barrage and KB both linked in same setup. These are temporary solutions though, maybe instead of using boots, linking 4l barrage there would be better.

at über fights or shaper last fight i'd use bubonic trail boots though, with 2 good jewels on them, they are better than every mirrored boots or whatever money can buy at standard league.
Last edited by Rupenus on Dec 19, 2017, 11:32:49 AM
your jewels cost as much as gg pathfinder gear, so why pick raider? It's a scion (more jewels) or pathfinder
"
divinity wrote:
your jewels cost as much as gg pathfinder gear, so why pick raider? It's a scion (more jewels) or pathfinder

Yea, build is expensive. I've written that at top of everything. Also it's Hard to get proper jewels as well even you are swimming in exalts.

The comparison has been made by me at 3.0 where raider was lacking tools to get enough elemental penetration. Also i used phys-> elemental penetration setup where pathfinder benefits from taste of hate... biiig time. Shroud of the lightless has solved the elemental penetration problem and this build is a ele wander.

With Dying sun, I have 6 projectiles at my barrage with Raider. Pathfinder would have 7 and would've lost one jewel slot. given that how strong abyss jewels are, (8-9% more damage circa) that isn't a very good trade-off.

Other than that, Raider with just 6 point investment on tree provides 24% more damage, 36% attack speed, 18% attack damage.(avatar of slaughter has been taken into account while writing the numbers) Pathfinder just have +20% flask effectiveness more than Raider, +1 barrage projectile if you invest one jewel slot on conqueror's jewel, if you compare them by using path of building, Raider gets higher damage by big margin. The good thing about Pathfinder is, you can benefit from Queen of the Forest more, you are faster and slightly more endurant to elemental damage.

Of course, if you have damage comparison of both classes with given gear where pathfinder gets better damage, feel free to share with us.

and as i said, attack vinktar is equal to having 2 or more jewels probably. YOu have to invest 6 nodes for that too. Only Raider and Pathfinder can use it without getting shocked.

Last edited by Rupenus on Dec 19, 2017, 12:00:48 PM
Looks really strong, New Abyss Jewels are so powerful. I know you'll eventually upgrade Jewelry as it comes, Culling Strike Piscator is very cheap this league too.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
Looks really strong, New Abyss Jewels are so powerful. I know you'll eventually upgrade Jewelry as it comes, Culling Strike Piscator is very cheap this league too.

yes, my jewelry are just random results of using essences on some bases. Culling strike piscators is something that i totally forgot also, thanks for reminding.

We can say piscator's is like at the same level mirrored wands if it's backed up with a proper gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info