[3.5] Asymat's "Purenado Shot" | HC (party friendly) | Progressive budget

"
Zephrix wrote:
My results as lvl 95 using this build, modified to maximize abyss jewels (11 in gear and tree) and use op abyss uniques. Also more leeching and over 4% life regen for QoL so less worry about getting chunked and needing to dodge. Flask is only for near death moments.

My first TS and lvl 95 character, and overall felt this build has top tier clear speed and survival (for a non-jugg), with decent movement + boss killing speed, and healthy flask management. Even with tree changes, still can't facetank Shaper's beam, but everything else recovers near instantly, imo worth it for a 3 point investment.
Wish it had faster movement speed, but feel that the movement speed nodes aren't powerful enough when compared to flasks effect. In a boss fight blink arrow movement seems ideal anyway.

1-2 shotting most things in t16 (incl most rares), 60k self buff dps tooltip, 7.5k hp, 168% move speed with all flasks used, 48% pen for all elements, 2% life steal 23% max leech. Most things die before they can move.
45 ex investment (watcher eye 15ex, helm 12ex, ~18ex everything else thnx to abyss uniques being so cheap this league) , no 6L needed which is cool.

I'm finding x2 might of the meek stacking to be a massive bonus and should be used for max health AND damage, especially if not getting flask reduce charge nodes near Scion starting point.

Didn't use Pure Talent cause due to the point investment needed to maximize it's value + it takes a spot of an abyss jewel. Also instead of getting 4% attack speed and health nodes to activate it, I could get other abyss jewels and 5/10% life nodes, etc. Can't say for sure though cuz didn't experiment with Pure Talent.

Thinking of using a lioneye's fall jewel on the claw nodes on the right side to see if I can get more leech to reduce the need to dodge further, or removing some life leech nodes to get more damage

Any feedback is appreciated lol, kinda just trying stuff in PoB for my first time cause I think this build has so much potential. But this seems top notch with a reasonable investment

Thanks you very much for your detailled feedback!

So, I had to check on your profile and OMG I learnt a lot:

* HC and SC markets seems very different. I can't imagine myself with this level of gear.
* I would still use Pure Talent as you value Movement Speed as much as me and you seems to be lacking stats badly. Maybe just not joining duelist?
* Going all elements allow some amazing abyss jewels.
* Watcher's Eye conversion + crit, when? :p
* I might overvalue Arcane Chemistry -- nah, U SUK m8, K?
* Phase Accro is debatable but after playing 2 builds with 46% spell dodge, I love it.
* I do not agree with your boots enchant. (imo Pen > Movement Speed > anything else)
* No Shock Immunity -- we SC now, boys
* Would put curse immune on diamond (less flask charges used)
* Force of Nature for 4 points is not so great (and you still have life points to take -- Revenge of the Hunted not required)
* Your version has around 2-3 times more dps depending flasks uptime.

CONCLUSION: going all elements allow full power from abyss jewels and abyss op "set" while loosing a bit the flavour of this build (full cold + pure talent) in favour of a more generic INSERT-RANGE-SKILL-INSERT-ABYSS-JEWELS ranger build.

I tried to mess around with PoB to merge both our ideas but couln't find a compromise... yet. I'll try more later on and will eventually post it.

"
Zephrix wrote:
Tried uber elder for first time and got the kill w/ the build. The portal phases pretty much didn't exist. Died a couple times to mistakes and lazy dodging (cuz SC), not having movement speed flask charges in middle of fight really hurt. Survived a hit from the edge of a shaper slam. Both elder and shaper were dying at the same time. Overall very pleased w/ build, it's about as strong as well rounded 1 attack character gets

For big bosses, replace Chemist Quicksilver for Alchemist Quicksilver? Gz on your kill!
Purenado Shot: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2050639
CycloPoet's PenFinder: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123005
Last edited by Asymat on Apr 15, 2018, 11:06:16 AM
Thanks for response :D A lot of interesting points you raise - I thought about a lot of the stuff so.. Here I go

Market - yeah, wouldn't count on getting some pieces in HC. Watcher eye can kinda be ignored though, and maybe lose just 10% of my total damage? Lose damage to get budget survival gear in HC seems decent

Pure Talent - true I'm barely making the int requirement for the abyss chestpiece.
But to reach non-scion starting points, at least 4-5 points is normally spent. With those I can pick up a 30 int node somewhere for 1 point, get 12% move speed near scion's starting wheel with 2 points (with help of x2 might of the meek stacking up, each is 6%), and keep my abyss jewel (a reasonably good one is around 7% max health and 11k PoB total dmg, 3-4k dps tooltip)... etc. Also w/ my pathing I can only get 3 starting points bonuses, and it'd be at the cost of other high value nodes.

watcher eye crit + convert maybe if I find one myself or have a couple mirrors sitting around lol. Got around 57% crit atm w/ power charges, which seems good enough value

Arcane Chemistry - decided to not go for it cause it was out of my path, the nodes leading up to the flask reduction I don't really need, and it's ignored when I use x2 might of the meek which I'm all about. x2 meek too good imo

Phase acrobat - tried including it, but I lose a lot of high value life nodes in the process, I barely have enough points to fit in a 6% health node. Most spells are ele damage, and we get better movement(blink and a couple %ms nodes), life, and same resistance as other build, so I think this builds already better suited than most builds to take spell hits and do manual dodging. Also using arctic armour to take hits better

Boot enchant - I agree lol. It doesn't help me at all atm and I just keep it so I can sell the boots for a good price if I can get replacement

No shock immunity - My pantheon Soul of Arakali helps with this slightly (30% shock reduction, blood rage dot reduce dmg taken, 50% life recovery and vaalpact-like leech when using with blood rage and immortal call activates, chaos resist for the odd poison damage).
Hasn't been a big issue so far, cause things usually just die, and it helps I can just leech through t16 lightning elder guardian's AoE. Can't ever be too safe in HC though I guess with a shock immune flask...

Force of Nature for 4 points - Yea it's awkwardly placed, but also some of the biggest damage boosting nodes I got, I don't think any other 4 points come close in dps numbers, aspect of eagle would be kinda nice

Hm yea flask swapping for the longer fights would probably help

tyty :)
Beat uber elder twice now and dropped nothing of value reeep
Last edited by Zephrix on Apr 16, 2018, 2:01:32 AM
Sorry to hear that. Well, RNG...

Couple of thoughts:

* I'm using PoB vs Shapper for min-maxing.
* In your case:
** Force of Nature for 6 points is +2.7%dmg/point
** 4th Frenzy for 2 points is +2.7%dmg/point
** 2nd ranger starting point "Projectile Damage and Attack Speed" is +3.5%dmg
** elemental starting points of Shadow with Pure Talent for 5 points is +2.7%dmg/point
* QuickStep
* Kraytin bonuses

After all, I'm not sure you need that many damage. I would gracefully loose 10% damage for +20 movement speed.

Btw, have you tried with VP (+BR/IC + Arakaali)?
Not sure how you got 6 points for Force of Nature, but in my build I need at least 2 of them with my path, (1 to get jewel socket, 1 to move toward shadow nodes) so only 4 points invested specifically to reach it. So the dps gain per point would be quite a bit higher? At least for my case anyway. If it's 6 points it doesn't sound like it's worth it

In my current build I'm actually using minimal leech nodes, and I'm compensating for fewer leech nodes by getting more damage, so it's kinda important for me to have damage to cap PoB leech rate. Maybe change back to having more leech nodes.

Going to try getting move speed nodes, a build with around 76% base movement speed while losing around 5% damage, when I get time, with Aspect of the Eagle and easy access Fangs of the Viper

I tried VP and not a fan. Massive leech for bosses, but sometimes depending on the fight, blood rage degen can negate the life leech, can be very inconsistent. Prefer 4% life regen at all times and the QoL when moving around, got enough leech to tank attacks from everything but end game bosses anyway.

edit: oops I c what you mean by using Quick Step and Kraityn now... Leaning toward the overall stats from aspect of eagle, cause don't think these final nodes for getting MS are very efficient for min maxing. For 6% less MS and less dodge, Eagle gets also gets projectile speed, stun avoid, 10 life, and 5% more damage
Last edited by Zephrix on Apr 16, 2018, 4:47:43 AM
I wouldn't want to part with too much damage, so I think ranger 2nd damage node + quick step looks good to me as well. Just personal preferences all very close in the end :D
Hi there,

First off, thank you for this build !
Im currently trying it right now (at act 4) and I have a few problems.

First and most important, I seem to be doing no damage. I know my gear is as crap as it can be but is there really nothing more I can do? Im not even running LMP right now because I feel like it would take forever for me to kill any yellow/orange mob.

Second question is when do you switch from lightning to cold damage?

Also the tree Im looking at (both POB and official one) seems to be broken? Nodes from the shadow start arent connected to anything, am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance !
"
AnythingZ wrote:
Hi there,

First off, thank you for this build !
Im currently trying it right now (at act 4) and I have a few problems.

First and most important, I seem to be doing no damage. I know my gear is as crap as it can be but is there really nothing more I can do? Im not even running LMP right now because I feel like it would take forever for me to kill any yellow/orange mob.

Second question is when do you switch from lightning to cold damage?

Also the tree Im looking at (both POB and official one) seems to be broken? Nodes from the shadow start arent connected to anything, am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance !

1st where is your Tabula Rasa and 2nd where is your The Tempest?

So either you can't even afford a Tabula or you cannot follow (maybe-not-so-clear) instructions. In both case, you should look at another build/guide. This one is not for beginners (in the sense that it won't work for you).

Cheers!
Last edited by Asymat on Apr 18, 2018, 10:10:37 PM
I figured those two might be a big factor to my lack of damage, so I wil definitely look into buying a Tabula tonight, and maybe the prophecy to upgrade my Storm Cloud. I got a 5 linked bow yesterday which really improved my clearing speed I must admit.

I did read the guide obviously, but since there is a "league starter" part I thought it would be a bit more viable without those items, guess I was wrong :)

I have a few currencies to spare, I just try not to as long as I can but it has its limit.

Sorry about the question for the tree tho, first time paying attention to the scion ascendency, it's pretty cool !

If you have the time I would still really appreciate an answer about when to switch to cold damage (not untill Lioneye's Glare maybe ?).

cheers !
Last edited by AnythingZ on Apr 19, 2018, 7:26:25 AM
"
AnythingZ wrote:
I figured those two might be a big factor to my lack of damage, so I wil definitely look into buying a Tabula tonight, and maybe the prophecy to upgrade my Storm Cloud. I got a 5 linked bow yesterday which really improved my clearing speed I must admit.

I did read the guide obviously, but since there is a "league starter" part I thought it would be a bit more viable without those items, guess I was wrong :)

I have a few currencies to spare, I just try not to as long as I can but it has its limit.

Sorry about the question for the tree tho, first time paying attention to the scion ascendency, it's pretty cool !

If you have the time I would still really appreciate an answer about when to switch to cold damage (not untill Lioneye's Glare maybe ?).

cheers !

Hum, the league starter part was written by a SC player which could be missleading. But as I saw so many SC players using my build I decided to integrate his indepth advices. I'll write a warning before.

The build is definitely NOT HC league starter but will start with only 50C (leveling stuff. resell it. buy gear).

About your currencies, be prepared to invest ALL you have in it. I mean, Kaom's + enchant + 6L is allready 1000C so don't be afraid to grind curr. ;)

I edited to make clear leveling process is until Lionneye's Glare (lvl66).
I recommend to use hrimsorrow with temp chains on hit if u doing maps solo, just amazing with ts chances to freeze.
Last edited by TIRICHINO on Apr 21, 2018, 8:39:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info