Path of Exile: The War for the Atlas - Xbox One

Love playing on the xbox but terrified of how this will end up due to current trade limitations.

One of the greatest things of this expansion has been elder/shaped items allowing use of non-ideal bases. With xbox as it is, this will be pure hell sorting through every base item to look for something......
Wonder how big the patch will be.
"
Quest55 wrote:
"
WarriorX10 wrote:
"
alinbandui1 wrote:
So i guess we have to wait 2018 to get more features on xbox. Except the weapon swap there is absolutely nothing new....

Weapon swap is important and appreciated

Not really trade is first second third fourth fifth most important thing basically the only important thing period. No trading equals my character is gutted before starting the league.

Pf please. Quit crying and be thankful for the work. Trade will be improved in time. If you can't play the game without trade then you are playing the game wrong. I'm not saying trade is worthless but it's Not what makes the game. Only improves QoL.
"
SonofRooster wrote:

Pf please. Quit crying and be thankful for the work. Trade will be improved in time. If you can't play the game without trade then you are playing the game wrong. I'm not saying trade is worthless but it's Not what makes the game. Only improves QoL.

Most people would disagree with your assessment of trade's importance, including GGG.

Trading will be painful again to start the league, and likely through most if not all of it. It's a huge deal for some builds and impact most builds. SSF is an option for a reason.

Trade does make the game since drop rates are balanced around it. They want to triple drop rates instead that be fine by me. I got stuck on T10 last patch because of no trade could not get any decent items to drop especially rare tri resist plus life items and jewelry. Not fun knowing any progress is gated behind a 1 in a million drop.
"
SonofRooster wrote:

Yeah, all trading does is allow you to play the builds you want to play, how you want to play them. Who needs that?
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
"
Ashriel wrote:
"
SonofRooster wrote:

Yeah, all trading does is allow you to play the builds you want to play, how you want to play them. Who needs that?

Sorry, you're missing the word "faster'. All builds can be played the way you want without trade. Just takes longer to get there.

And if you read my whole post you would see that I'm not writing trade off. The current TB is usable. Just takes a little work.

Nice try.
Last edited by SonofRooster on Dec 17, 2017, 8:49:17 PM
"
Quest55 wrote:
Trade does make the game since drop rates are balanced around it. They want to triple drop rates instead that be fine by me. I got stuck on T10 last patch because of no trade could not get any decent items to drop especially rare tri resist plus life items and jewelry. Not fun knowing any progress is gated behind a 1 in a million drop.

INcreasing droprates, maybe implementing smart loot... that would turn poe into the next diablo 3 like disaster. It would take away the feeling you found something good. BUt yeah the game evolved around trading and at some point they introduced ssf, as some ppl like this challenge. So many parts of the game, are just not accessible without trading or hell of a lot of luck. Some ppl enjoy the grind, some ppl want to play with different builds, different gear etc. This game was meant to be a multiplayer online game and not a single player torture, even if they made you a "mod" for this. And right now without even a ladder or anything, ssf is for me totally pointless, without any competition at all.

Game is a gigantic success on pc, well lets make it different on xbox. I just don't get why.

Never change a running system!

I've been a supporter of this game since open beta but I have to say, neglecting the state in which trading is on xbox is mega bad. It shouldn't take me 5 minutes trying to find the jewel/gem/unique/divinination card I want.

Hell, saying that it takes 5 minutes is understatement. Everyone I played with at the start of the release hated the way trading was implemented. And they all quit, including me, after a week.

6 months or whatever and the biggest change to trading you've done is scrolling gets accelerated over time is a joke. Get your act together PLEASE. I want to love this game on xbox, I really do.
"
filix wrote:
"
Quest55 wrote:

INcreasing droprates, maybe implementing smart loot... that would turn poe into the next diablo 3 like disaster. It would take away the feeling you found something good. BUt yeah the game evolved around trading and at some point they introduced ssf, as some ppl like this challenge. So many parts of the game, are just not accessible without trading or hell of a lot of luck. Some ppl enjoy the grind, some ppl want to play with different builds, different gear etc. This game was meant to be a multiplayer online game and not a single player torture, even if they made you a "mod" for this. And right now without even a ladder or anything, ssf is for me totally pointless, without any competition at all.

Game is a gigantic success on pc, well lets make it different on xbox. I just don't get why.

Never change a running system!

I agree with you on drop rate increase is dangerous but so is the current system it takes away hope of reaching real end game for all but a few which kills this economy by not having items out there making prices so damn high only those few can afford them. Last season was a disaster because of the horrible economy caused by the trade system.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info