[3.6 Video Guide] Volatile Dead Elementalist (or Inquisitor) [HC/SC/Uber Izaro/Shaper]

hey, which version should i play, elementalist or inquisitor whats the differences ? i play abyss sc
"
lordchopf wrote:
I am a huge Lightning warp fan myself

I used to run LW,FC,LD and Rapid Decay

In 3.0 they changed Rapid Decay to Swift Affliction and the duration part was not affecting LW anymore, that's why i asked ^^

Edit:

Skimmed over your vid and was surprised you do not think ele reflect reduction is not mandatory. Just did a reflect map and i see no changes to reflect in maps? I had to slot in detonate dead and even that almost got me killed when i got to many mobs at once.

I will watch your video in full later as the answer to that is maybe in there

I havn't seen Swift Affliction not dropping the duration of LW? :S Got any confirmation on that?

Yeah, don't do Elemental Reflect rolled maps :P

"
Blottuh wrote:
what do you use to get your Dex high enough for maxed Volatile Dead?

Usually a high dexterity amulet. Can get Dex on rings/gloves as well if required.

"
M1n1mus wrote:
I have been playing a similar build up through level 90, with a very close skill tree, and it is worth noting that with some tweaks this can be an extremely customizable character that is capable of clearing all content (not sure on Uber Atziri yet). A couple suggestions addressing the build and questions above:

- Consider taking the points out of the elemental/spell nodes leading out of the templar start and put them into the shield block nodes heading to Sanctuary. This accomplishes three things, 1) extra mitigation, 2) it makes your gearing life bliss with so much additional base resistances, and 3) it places you in position to grab more life nodes from Tireless if you push into the 90s. You can now work more uniques like Emberwake (for clear speed), Atziris Foible (budget replacement for Cloak of Defiance), Memory Vault (if you have a very nice amulet and chest piece you want to use over Cloak of Defiance and Atziris Foible), and The Formless Inferno (Paragon of Calamity synergy) in. Another great use for those Templar nodes you pull out is to grab Path of the Savant and the cast speed near Scion.

- To easily gear a 6L, just search poetrade for corrupted six links with 4 blue, 1 green, 1 red sockets. You can run a Atziris Foible with it and take on end game content. Don't sleep on Atziris Foible by the way. It does two very key things for you: 1) it ups your mitigation with a lot of mana; and 2) it lowers the requirements on your green and red gems, making the build inherently cheaper to build. Also, its 1 chaos to buy. So Vaal as many as you can and hope for a +1 curse.

- Doryanis is a solid endgame choice, but you can push the build to its limits by picking up a wand with at least 80%+ total fire/spell damage, 15% cast speed, and 40-80 flat fire damage to spells. They are surprisingly cheap for how devastating they are. Make sure you find one with an open prefix to craft fire leech on it.

- If you have the resists from grabbing Sanctuary, add the Formless Inferno. Not only will it help proc paragon of calamity, you will see a 15-20% increase in physical damage reduction when used in a build that is only really running Chernabog's Pillar and maybe some hybrid armor pieces (I have a hybrid chest and gloves and I'm at 8k armor). Not amazing armor, but great return on investment.

- Elemental Reflect is very tricky as VD is quite powerful. I have found success swapping in a Rise of the Phoenix with a Purity of Fire gem. Still need to be careful, but you can clear maps and avoid simply murdering yourself in one volley. I also use this combination on Atziri and run VD for the fight instead of cremation. I would not recommend doing this on Hardcore, but you can do it deathless on Softcore. EDIT: Another safe option is to swap fire penetration out for spell totem gem. Now you cast desecrate and let your totem get blown to bits.

- Cast speed is essential for this build. Get it on your rings. You need to keep moving with lightning warp and get desecrate and VD down quick. With enough speed high physical fights like Uber Argus/Izaro become trivial because you can keep them off screen and continue casting.

- I run Orb of Storms with increased critical strikes, flammability/enfeeble, and curse on hit. When you get a +1 curse Foible or amulet, swap out increased crit for flammability and enfeeble. I find orb of storms maximizes Elemental Overload uptime.

- I don't run cremation because like many players I lack the cognitive response and manual dexterity necessary to keep track of the cremation nodes in fights where you actually benefit from it. You end up getting hit far more than you should and in short its a great way to get jump slammed by Izaro.

- On my wand I keep 2 blue and 1 green socket. I use arctic armour in the green socket, which can be swapped out for haste when you are grinding safe maps.

- As I mentioned, VD packs a punch on its own. For very good clear speed in midtier maps swap out elemental focus for spell echo and use Emberwake. Combine with haste and you're flying through content.

- For jewels, I run fire dam to spells, fire dam to spells with shield, and flat max life. No mana problems forgoing the spectrum and its a significant damage increase.

- For those of you who want to throw fusings on a fire, I could see this build functioning very well with a 6L Cloak of Flame to further increase your physical mitigation. Might as well get the most out of Paragon of Calamity. Just need to ensure you get your life back on other gear. If you need a reason to argue that Elementalist can outperform the Templar version of this build, here it is.

Just my thoughts on making this build tankier and far more versatile than it would appear. I think the Elementalist is better than it would appear and frankly I love how you can switch out gear and gems on the fly without having to burn through chroms, play with resistances, or keep extra sets of items.

Hey,

Thank you for sharing, you got some very valid points. I've chosen not to include all aspects you can do with the build as I am already fighting with the limit of how many words I get to use in my guides! >.<

"
Mitsch287 wrote:
hey, which version should i play, elementalist or inquisitor whats the differences ? i play abyss sc

Elementalist = Penetration style
Inquisitor = Crit style

Inquis is a bit more expensive to run in the end-game compared to the Elementalist. Both works very well, I personally believe the Inquisitor is the strongest of the 2 tbh.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Thanks Ghazzy

To clarify, my wall of words was designed more to address the questions people were presenting, not what you should or shouldn't change with the original build. What you have works very well, I'm just identifying to the readers that the Elementalist build is no slouch when you consider the variety in building it.
As it is mentionned nowhere in this guide, I'm quite sure that it will be a stupid noob question, but please tell me why you do not use elemental equilibrium ? LW could proc it, no ? Or an Orb of storm setup with curse on hit flamability ?
Hey Ghazzy im trying yoir build out on hca and was wandering if you had some altetnatives to the 3 grand spectrum jewels and cloak of defiance because the jewels go for 1 ex each cloak of defiance with no links is 70 c so for s 5l and the jewels thats 3 ex 95 c thanks any tips or tree alterations i can make will be appreciated
"
M1n1mus wrote:
Thanks Ghazzy

To clarify, my wall of words was designed more to address the questions people were presenting, not what you should or shouldn't change with the original build. What you have works very well, I'm just identifying to the readers that the Elementalist build is no slouch when you consider the variety in building it.

Hey,

No need to clarify, I appreciate getting discussions started in my threads, since as you say, many builds not just this one can be done in so many ways others might present a different approach that caters better to some people than my original approach to it! :)

"
As it is mentionned nowhere in this guide, I'm quite sure that it will be a stupid noob question, but please tell me why you do not use elemental equilibrium ? LW could proc it, no ? Or an Orb of storm setup with curse on hit flamability ?

Hey,

There are no noob questions, only idiotic answers.
EE is not used since this build doesn't land 1 big hit but instead multiple hits with your VD balls which makes only the first initial ball do extra dmg then the rest are doing less, and this case is only happening if you literally lightning warp on top of the enemies.

With OoS it's slightly more reliable but then again you'd have the majority of your dmg output deal less dmg due to the design of the ability :)

"
BallinGorilla wrote:
Hey Ghazzy im trying yoir build out on hca and was wandering if you had some altetnatives to the 3 grand spectrum jewels and cloak of defiance because the jewels go for 1 ex each cloak of defiance with no links is 70 c so for s 5l and the jewels thats 3 ex 95 c thanks any tips or tree alterations i can make will be appreciated

Hey,

Use as high flat mana providing abyssal jewel as you can find, they provide a bit less mana but can also include some other nice stats for you :)

Regarding chest piece, anything works tbh though CoD provides the best layer of defence.
For those of us who are less good, how do you survive? Please don't say it's player movement... LOL.
hey ghazzy thanks for this guide. im a noob in poe and ive chosen to follow your guide and so fa so good. managed to obtain your end game gear uniques suggestions. just a question though. why CoD? i researched about MoM and it seems that it is not stacking with the 10% MoM of CoD as per what i had read. is it true? as far as my experience with it, i become more tanky using CoD. is it just because of the + mana?
Loving the build so far, I'm just wonddering why you run MoM in your tree When cloak of defiance gives you MoM?
"
samuricex wrote:
For those of us who are less good, how do you survive? Please don't say it's player movement... LOL.

Erh..
Where do you die?

The squishy feeling is in the design of the ability as you have to get corpses, then make balls of out of them, THEN the dmg is applied.

To fix this the build is including a CWDT setup, a Spell Totem + Skelly setup, you really shouldn't have any problems surviving? I brought this build up to lvl 95 and died as rank 1 Elementalist in AHC without any close calls till I hit heavy sextanted maps at lvl 90+ and almost died to 5 unique beyonders at the same time xd

"
sparda24 wrote:
hey ghazzy thanks for this guide. im a noob in poe and ive chosen to follow your guide and so fa so good. managed to obtain your end game gear uniques suggestions. just a question though. why CoD? i researched about MoM and it seems that it is not stacking with the 10% MoM of CoD as per what i had read. is it true? as far as my experience with it, i become more tanky using CoD. is it just because of the + mana?

Hey,

My pleasure bro!
CoD has a separate mod providing an additional 10% MoM effect, that's why I chose to use it, as instead of 30% you get 40% MoM effect. The extra mana only helps to sustain the eHP provided. :)

"
salemm wrote:
Loving the build so far, I'm just wonddering why you run MoM in your tree When cloak of defiance gives you MoM?

CoD puts you at 40% MoM which is calcualted via basic algebra (4/6 = 0.666...) which means the only way to fully sustain the eHP provided by a 40% MoM is to calculate it this way:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info