[3.2] ngpao's Dual Nebuloch pure fire Dual strike Chieftain

Hello, everyone,

I am ngpao. I have been playing POE since 2014 but this is my first time posting a build. This league I tried to play Chieftain with melee attack skills then I notice the new unique mace Nebuloch.

Nebuloch has been an interesting item and it contains so many factors that I feel that it is great with Chieftain. So I tried to use Nebuloch on both hands and it actually worked pretty well. It is super tanky build with high damage if you play it smartly and in a correct way.

Pros
* Quite tanky. You won't be one shot and you can recover much rapidly. Face tank is the goal I am trying to achieve. I have a section to explain why it is super tanky.
* Good damage. Thanks to dual wielding and the nature of Nebuloch and Chieftain, our damage is not bad.
* Better adoption to map mods. Unlike Righteous Fire, it is viable to play no regen/-max resist/elemental reflection maps when you replace offhand with Rise of Pheonix and use Purity of fire.

Cons
*The equipment can be costly because it requires elder uniques. (Although Nebuloch is 2c when I am writing this post.)
*Th edge of mitigating fire damage over time is tricky. You need to have both good regen and leech. And it may be a different play style and you have to adapt.
*Mana is a huge issue cuz there is no good solution to it. I go blood magic so it turns to another con which is no auras
*You need to click a lot of max life/regen passive points which sacrifices damage and other things.

Why Nebuloch is great with Chieftain?

*Gain (30-40)% of Physical Attack Damage as Extra Fire Damage Chieftain is doing great with fire because of additional fire damage, fire penetration and leech from fire.
* +4% to Chaos Resistance/1% reduced Elemental Damage taken/Adds 5 to 8 Physical Damage per Endurance Charge Although everyone thinks about Juggernaut when seeing endurance charge, Chieftain also has a deal with endurance charge thanks to Ramako, Sun's Light
*+500 to Armour per Endurance Charge Thanks to Tawhoa, Forest's Strength, this is greatly boosting this armour buff as well.
*400 Fire Damage taken per second per Endurance Charge if you've been Hit Recently
This is the reason why we need Chieftain. With a great amount of regen, we can mitigate the downside of this build.

What dual Nebuloch brings us?

First of all, buff from two Nebuloch does stack! With two Nebuloch and 6 endurance charges(I think 6 endurance charges are fare amount for chieftan, as maintaining it is a pain), we get:
* 60-80% extra fire damage concerted from physical.
* Adds 60 to 96 Physical Damage per weapon
* 12% elemental damage reduction
* 48% chaos resistance.
* 6000 additional armour

However, it also brings us a huge amount of fire damage over time, let's discuss it in the next section.

How to mitigate the fire damage over time?

* high regen, from a hp base
* leech
* do not get hit
* do not equip neboluch by weapon swap, "Magna Eclipsis" is a good shield to swap with
* fair amount of fire resistence

How to maintain endurance charge?

In fight, you should have maximized endurance charges thanks to herald of ash. If you do not have any endurance charges before boss fight, unequip then equip the golem gem to remove the golem, drink the writhing jar and cast enduring cry, it should grant you 3 endurance charges before warm dies.

Gears

Videos

*3.2 T14 Plaza https://www.twitch.tv/videos/250309356
*3.2 T14 Crison temple https://www.twitch.tv/videos/250309328

A few discussions of the build

*It works well with skin of loyal. It brings at least 6000 extra armour.
*If I want to have some evasion, I can run grace with presevrance. I will use fortify during boss fight and it brings evasion and damage boost as well.
*I create a separate section to highlight this. The 4s damage over time from Nebuloch actually synergies really well with the second stage of pantheon Soul of Arakaali[\b] - Arachnoxia. In boss fights, you will get regen more rapidly after running away from skills. This controllable 4s damage over time actually improves your survivability. Thanks to the defensive bonus from Nebuloch, you won't be one shot by boss fights. Thanks to the second stage of Arakaali, you will get recovered much faster while escaping from those high damage skills.

Last edited by ngpaoo on Apr 17, 2018, 4:13:38 PM
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2018, 7:09:45 PM
I love it, I was thinking of something like this but was too lazy to do all the math.

One thing: With Juggernaut you also get 8% reduced elemental damage taken while at maximum endurance charges. That, plus the extra 1 endurance charges from the ascendancy would mean 10% reduced elemental damage taken extra.

Add the Juggernaut's armor bonuses and it should be a facetank machine for everything except chaos (At the loss of some damage).
Hi, Dranzell,

Thanks for your reply:) I think the build is very powerful with Juggernaut. However, it is quite challenging to get enough regen for Jugg to mitigate the fire damage. Chieftain has so many regen from ascendancy passive points which makes the build work for me.
I mostly play standard so not sure how hard it is to get as I've already gotten one, but could I suggest Kaom's way ring? +1 end charges and .4% life regen gained per end charge.
switch weapon its a good way to stop burn
Last edited by duck790406 on Dec 21, 2017, 9:51:04 AM
doesn t the reduced elemental dmg taken from the charges also help against the degen ??
I am super interested in the build, how exactly does it work and with what skills? I have read through the guide and I can not really make out, what the build is really about :D.
"
Tartaros38 wrote:
doesn t the reduced elemental dmg taken from the charges also help against the degen ??

Nope, it reduces elemental damage taken from hits, the debuff is damage over time.

Have crafted a tree for Juggernaut, chieftain and slayer.

and i am so happy that i choose to go slayer. No need for any kind of regen on gear/tree. Endless hunger takes care of it forever. Only thing i am sad about, since i am always running bloodrage, and no immortal call to cancel it, i can't make use of the recovery boost of pantheon, but hey, who cares. I am slayer, i just ignore anything, facetank like a boss and kill stuff quickly and efficiently ~~
Yo, I made a similar build on POB for lulz and a few ideas I had to bounce off... I was initially using veil of the night as the helm because I wanted to see if I could get the reduced ele dmg high enough to mitigate the lost resistances (Yea it's a stupid build and still a work in progress).

Incandescent heart converts ele dmg to chaos, which is why I went CI to mitigate a good portion of the degen.

Mind over matter works with the degen, running something like clarity can mitigate some of the degen damage

Arctic armor might work as well for the reduced fire damage

Another way to remove the regen is to run discharge, just pop and all end charges will be removed, or immortal call/vaal immortal call work just as well.

Anyway, what skill are you using for the build ATM? My damage is garbo, but at least the degen isn't killing me off and the build with jugg has 50k armor and 30k evasion, running it with a stib flask basically makes you impossible to hit at close range.

Also, wise oak flask will mitigate the damage further as well, I believe.

lol tell me what you think

https://pastebin.com/aP1rRwEQ
Last edited by ironstove on Dec 29, 2017, 6:52:10 PM
could 1hand the mace and rise of phoenix surely would have enough regen to possibly spec into another class or acsendancy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info