"The Memory Eater" quest can't be completed?

"
Faendris wrote:
Does anyone from GGG actually read these posts?
I'm not sure it would matter either way, I think the answer is "we haven't actually finished that part, stay tuned for 3.2!"
I have the same issue.

10/15 fragments. Have cleared hundreds of maps and chased both elder and shaper influenced only for it to move around, vanish or reappear.

The problem is not fragments 10 to 15, it's possible to get them. Just carefully read what quest requires you to do, quest text changes after 5/10/12/14 fragments - run Elder-influenced maps/run high-tier Elder influenced maps/kill Elder Guardians in high-tier maps/kill Elder in high tier map, with each of these stages requiring to respawn Elder on Atlas.

The issue is after you get 15/15 - it's impossible to complete quest (and datamined next quest doesn't even have description right now, so yeah, it's unfinished quest line). Probably they figured it wouldn't affect too many people while they're finishing it, since this quest is a huge grind.
15/15 and the quest isn't completable for me either. I tried doing a Shaper run in case that was where we had to talk to Zana. Nothing seems to be working.

This is kind of ridiculous. They should get that fixed asap.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
DemonikPath wrote:
The problem is not fragments 10 to 15, it's possible to get them. Just carefully read what quest requires you to do, quest text changes after 5/10/12/14 fragments - run Elder-influenced maps/run high-tier Elder influenced maps/kill Elder Guardians in high-tier maps/kill Elder in high tier map, with each of these stages requiring to respawn Elder on Atlas.

The issue is after you get 15/15 - it's impossible to complete quest (and datamined next quest doesn't even have description right now, so yeah, it's unfinished quest line). Probably they figured it wouldn't affect too many people while they're finishing it, since this quest is a huge grind.

For me it says "Defeat the Elder in high tier maps to find and recover the Shaper's remaining fragments."

I have after this done the Elder 7-8 times. The guardians and the elder have spawned on tier 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. All red tier maps. So I have no idea how to finish this since my last thought was that there is one fragment pr tier and now I cleared all high tiers without any luck.
The last fragment (the one you get once you are at 14/15) requires Elder himself to spawn in a pure (non-shaped) T15. Getting a Guardian in a T15 will not count, nor will getting Elder in any lower tier. This can take an extremely large amount of attempts (took me roughly 25 Elder spawns, every one having 14+ red maps in the Elder area).

To go through all that only to find out that the quest line is unfinished is the biggest slap in the face I've received from this game, and I've received a fair few. That the main selling point of a big new expansion is unfinished is beyond laughable, and shows how far the standards have fallen.
up
"
ComputerPanda wrote:
The last fragment (the one you get once you are at 14/15) requires Elder himself to spawn in a pure (non-shaped) T15. Getting a Guardian in a T15 will not count, nor will getting Elder in any lower tier. This can take an extremely large amount of attempts (took me roughly 25 Elder spawns, every one having 14+ red maps in the Elder area).

To go through all that only to find out that the quest line is unfinished is the biggest slap in the face I've received from this game, and I've received a fair few. That the main selling point of a big new expansion is unfinished is beyond laughable, and shows how far the standards have fallen.

I had the same problem.. Then I got Elder on a Shaped Belfry (Tier 15) which said it had my last (14/15) Memory fragment. Killed Elder and no fragment, so has to be non-shaped tier 15 I believe.

But doesn't look like I have to rush it atm. since the quest can't be completed anyway.

Guardians and Elder spawning in purposely unlearned maps on your crafted atlas.

Killing them in these unlearned maps learns them, even though you have not killed the boss.

Moreover, not only does it learn the map (at a cost of 3 sextants and a scour per map to unlearn, every time) but it doesn't give the completion bonus, even if the criteria were met (rare/corrupted).

Then when you get 15/15, the final part of the quest isn't in game yet.

I'm not sure if it would be possible to mess this up in more ways.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Guardians and Elder spawning in purposely unlearned maps on your crafted atlas.

Killing them in these unlearned maps learns them, even though you have not killed the boss.

I'm sure this is very much intentional. There was no need to add yet another advantage to having custom atlas, quite the contrary. Deal with it.
Last edited by DemonikPath on Jan 2, 2018, 9:16:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info