[3.1] Volatile Berserker (Poet's Pen + Volatile Dead) | 8-9K Life | Incredible DPS | Easy Leveling

finally could affor 2 wands, GREAT build!!! many thanks man!!!

got some questions.

1- volatile dead says it destroys up to 3 corpses and your have lmp and gmp which makes 6 additional corpses, why lmp on top or gmp?

2- I play HC only so i am thorn between goin zerker or juggernaut ( obviously zerker has way more dmg, but juggernaut is way tankier) will i be gimping my dmg a lot if i go jugger? or maybe chieftain?
"
sirbetli wrote:
Hey, nice looking build.

Is there an alternative weapon to use until I have enough currency for the Poet's Pen?

Cheers

No, there are no alternative weapons that will achieve the same thing with this build. But if you can't affoard two Poet's Pen then you could always play as any other fire bases self-cast spell until you have the currency.

"
Camaron wrote:
finally could affor 2 wands, GREAT build!!! many thanks man!!!

got some questions.

1- volatile dead says it destroys up to 3 corpses and your have lmp and gmp which makes 6 additional corpses, why lmp on top or gmp?

2- I play HC only so i am thorn between goin zerker or juggernaut ( obviously zerker has way more dmg, but juggernaut is way tankier) will i be gimping my dmg a lot if i go jugger? or maybe chieftain?

1. Enchant adds another 3(for a total of 6). Drop GMP if you don't have the enchant.

2. Yes.
Last edited by Dixton on Dec 17, 2017, 11:32:21 AM
Build in action with Body Swap

https://youtu.be/qTD3OXf3nZg

Overall, I think it works well for lower tier mapping for fast clears. The fact that bodyswap is a bit less predictable will probably result in some RIPPY times in high tier red maps (my guess).
Last edited by Yoluun on Dec 17, 2017, 12:06:56 PM
"
"
bitbite11 wrote:
Done all the way up to t14 atm, no issues at all. 6.9k HP, did uber lab was really easy too.

Some with aura bot some without (friend only plays aura bot)

Could try making a video of some higher tier maps if the OP can't or doesn't want to for whatever reason. Build is really fun.

I'm planning on making some videos soon, been having PC issues and having trouble getting the game to run.

It'd be great if you could make and upload one aswell, if you do I'll gladly link it in the OP.

Sure no problem. Did a bunch of t15 and t14 with an aurabot. Did a solo map afterwards to record for the video though. (t14 Palace)

Spoiler
https://youtu.be/o1dOGSli43w

It won't be live/viewable for about another 4 or so hours after this post (Australian internet FTW!).

But I'm going to bed so I figured I would leave the link so you can add it to the post/anyone who wants a video can see some higher tier map content.

Overall the build is super fun, mapping is very relaxed and safe. That video was just a casual t14 run of Palace at 2:30 am so nothing special going on. Almost died to dom because I tanked some ghosts but it's whatever.

My profile is on public for those who want to see what gear/gems I'm using.

Might upload some guardians/shaper/elder content once I get to doing them, but definitely no more normal maps because Australian internet is so bad it takes like 6 hours to upload a 10 minute video.

Hope you guys enjoy.

Last edited by bitbite11 on Dec 17, 2017, 11:50:42 AM
Can't watch your video =\

SOFTCORE

Also interesting: can use this build with Lightpoacher without enchant?
How many DPS i lose in this move withoute another helm with enchant (cause with Lightpoacher skill - we have very nice AOE-clear spell).

And for speed farm (veryFAAAAAAAAAAST) we can equip bodyswap (to amazing-crazy-fast-clearspeed maps t1-t10+, although if it's posible t1-t12 (or t14+) in one of all link (idk in what link
exactly)

Also think about this move for bodyswap: instead kaom equip belly (lose ~700-1k life +
Little DPS, cause kaom give us 30%+ incrs fire damage) end equip in links main skill with incrs crit strike (and in another item equip Bodyswap + CastOnCrit) or in Belly equip Bodyswap+CoC.

If We don't Use Belly: And when i try very hard boss in map or endgame like atziri\shaper\elder - change bodyswap on gem in this build for crazy boorst target DPS if we unequip for bodyswap any necessary skill\support gem.

But if we use Belly for Bodyswap on maps, change him to Kaom on bosses (very expensive way)

In Belly we have 90 level berserker with ~7.2-7.5k+life.

But how all u think can berserk with ~7.5-8k+ life (without kaom) farm ALL endgame content?

How u think about my idea guys? Who have any idea's - write please (make theory feedback =)

Sry for this english =_=
Last edited by Agroveuin on Dec 17, 2017, 3:10:32 PM
How do I obtain the enchants? Is it just from one of the master crafts?
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
anyone playing this build on HC? what zerker points should i get? was thinking cloak in savagery, but will it be good without atziri gloves? ( i play in new hc league so gloves r way ourt of my reach)
"
Agroveuin wrote:

SOFTCORE

How many DPS i lose in this move withoute another helm with enchant (cause with Lightpoacher skill - we have very nice AOE-clear spell).

And for speed farm (veryFAAAAAAAAAAST) we can equip bodyswap (to amazing-crazy-fast-clearspeed maps t1-t10+, although if it's posible t1-t12 (or t14+) in one of all link (idk in what link
exactly)

Also think about this move for bodyswap: instead kaom equip belly (lose ~700-1k life +
Little DPS, cause kaom give us 30%+ incrs fire damage) end equip in links main skill with incrs crit strike (and in another item equip Bodyswap + CastOnCrit) or in Belly equip Bodyswap+CoC.

If We don't Use Belly: And when i try very hard boss in map or endgame like atziri\shaper\elder - change bodyswap on gem in this build for crazy boorst target DPS if we unequip for bodyswap any necessary skill\support gem.

But if we use Belly for Bodyswap on maps, change him to Kaom on bosses (very expensive way)

But how all u think can berserk with ~7.5-8k+ life (without kaom) farm ALL endgame content?

How u think about my idea guys? Who have any idea's - write please (make theory feedback =)

Sry for this english =_=

The helmet is a very flexible slot. The best choice will always be whatever you can get the enchant on, but if you can't get the enchant just got with whatever helmet you want.

Personally, I'd go for a Kaom's Heart, but Belly of the Beast is a solid option and it opens up some more interesting options when it comes to linking something like Frenzy. Belly of the Beast would be able to do all the content Kaom's Heart version can while being a bit less defensive.

"
darciaz wrote:
How do I obtain the enchants? Is it just from one of the master crafts?

You can get the enchants from Labyrinth. +2 from Merciless Labyrinth and +3 from the end-game Labyrinth. Easiest way is just to buy a helmet with the enchant.

"
Camaron wrote:
anyone playing this build on HC? what zerker points should i get? was thinking cloak in savagery, but will it be good without atziri gloves? ( i play in new hc league so gloves r way ourt of my reach)

If you're playing HC I would recommend Rite of Ruin as your final points and to re-work the tree a bit to grab Vaal Pact and maybe even MoM/more life. The SC version of the build was built with Acuities in mind since they have become pretty affordable since VP nerfs.
Last edited by Dixton on Dec 17, 2017, 3:50:18 PM
"
Agroveuin wrote:

SOFTCORE

exactly)

Sry for this english =_=

I don't like lightpoacher because this build doesn't seem to struggle with clearspeed. The lightpoacher effect doesn't do much on bosses. There is a question on whether that 5% hp return could be super useful given our insane life pool.

One thing I was thinking is whether it would be worth putting a 6L CoC in a Belly (like bladefall or something) for even more damage? Not that the build needs it, but it is just interesting to think about. Not sure how it will trade-off with the fire dmg from Kaom.
I don't understand how you level this, you just equip every gem you can at level 12 and go from there? Or do you level using something entirely different?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info