[3.1] Volatile Berserker (Poet's Pen + Volatile Dead) | 8-9K Life | Incredible DPS | Easy Leveling

^^ I am expecting to get atziri's, yes.

Also the PCoC gem I'm looking to swap it for something.

What can I swap Pcoc with? (except for bossing. Maybe I'll just throw in body swap for faster map clear actually the PCOC for bosses. oh shite that might work)

--Also, yes the life roll is only 40..it's crafted dude. The ring also was not a waste of currency. The extra crit is GG and I don't need warlords mark when our leech is already capped basically. The extra crit however makes my clear speed AND bossing, ridiculously faster.
Last edited by SamBaLam on Feb 8, 2018, 9:31:28 PM
"
SamBaLam wrote:
^^ I am expecting to get atziri's, yes.

Also the PCoC gem I'm looking to swap it for something.

What can I swap Pcoc with? (except for bossing. Maybe I'll just throw in body swap for faster map clear actually the PCOC for bosses. oh shite that might work)

--Also, yes the life roll is only 40..it's crafted dude. The ring also was not a waste of currency. The extra crit is GG and I don't need warlords mark when our leech is already capped basically. The extra crit however makes my clear speed AND bossing, ridiculously faster.

thats still no argue with the gloves.. i run warlords mark for more lifesteal with atziri's gloves.. ;)

you got all time power charges up just by the support gem..

would make more sense to sell that ring and go for something like this
(can be better, but gets a lot more expensiv :P)

with that setup i can run 3power,3endurance AND 3 frenzy charges 95% of the time.. means more defense.. ;)
Last edited by Ayrill on Feb 9, 2018, 4:16:14 AM
I'm not looking for tankier..I'm looking for faster clear/bossing. And with Assassins mark I get that.

I put bodyswap in place of PCoC when mapping then switch to PCoC for boss.

And the point about atziri's is that there's no reason to waste time looking for a curse on hit pair of gloves when ultimately I'll be using acuity's.

Edit again -- not to mention that it's expensive AF for a somewhat good pair of gloves that has what I need. Also I'd have to run ele weakness instead of assassin mark. Be pointless to spend a few ex on gloves when I got a good ring for half the price and has decent stats on it also?

Not sure why you're hating so hard or trying to tell me what I did was wrong. I run way faster and more efficient now using assassin mark & bodyswap. So yes, the ring was well worth it. And if anything I can always re-sell..but thanks for the "help" I suppose.
Last edited by SamBaLam on Feb 9, 2018, 1:31:48 PM
So it's not two Opal Rings BiS for this build? I saw a lot of cursed diamonds rings over here...
"
SamBaLam wrote:
I put bodyswap in place of PCoC when mapping then switch to PCoC for boss.
Yeah I did that too today and mapping with Bodyswap is not as fun as Flicker Strike, but feels still pretty nice :-)
I use Bodyswap also for some bosses that are otherwise difficult for me because I can avoid them constantly with ease.

Before I used a Belly with a Lightning Warp Setup, now I can use Kaoms Heart without feeling like Temp-Chained all the time.
"
MiguelFg wrote:
So it's not two Opal Rings BiS for this build? I saw a lot of cursed diamonds rings over here...

Two Opals with % Fire damage are the best.

Curse on Hit is decent, however curses are pretty meh against Shaper/Elder/Guardian. And since the build should have no trouble clearing up to T16 maps, bosses is where we want to focus a lot of our resources on. That's why we run PCoC instead of CoH Assassin's Mark, to keep us sustained on longer fights.

Warlord's Mark on Hit ring can be pretty useful though if you're playing another Ascendancy class that doesn't have access to the Watcher's Eye Fire Leech jewel.
Figured it was end of league so i should see what the fuss is about. Made this today, and i have to say it makes me want to sell my other chars stuff to fund this. Very good build!

Also looking into enchanting this
I've tried to read like 20 pages of this thread, but haven't found answer for one question that really bothers me...

Crave the Slaughter

How to propely handle this conditional buff?

Whole point of Pen builds is to reach certain breakpoint with Attacks Per Second (as close to 4.0 by default, so 3.90-3.99), but this damn buff pretty much always puts you way ahead of 4.0, thus significantly lowering number of procs per second.

Do you just aim for 3.4-3.5 APS without Crave the Slaughter, which will result in sub-4 APS with Crave being active?
Or trying not to get hit? (Which doesn't seems to be realistic tbh...)
Last edited by ekunholy on Feb 12, 2018, 7:02:33 PM
Personally - to achieve the aps that is optimal - stop leveling Faster Attacks once you hit the target speed (Pretty sure lvl 16 gem is about there).
"
ekunholy wrote:
I've tried to read like 20 pages of this thread, but haven't found answer for one question that really bothers me...

Crave the Slaughter

How to propely handle this conditional buff?

Whole point of Pen builds is to reach certain breakpoint with Attacks Per Second (as close to 4.0 by default, so 3.90-3.99), but this damn buff pretty much always puts you way ahead of 4.0, thus significantly lowering number of procs per second.

Do you just aim for 3.4-3.5 APS without Crave the Slaughter, which will result in sub-4 APS with Crave being active?
Or trying not to get hit? (Which doesn't seems to be realistic tbh...)

Aim for about 3.9ish APS with Crave the Slaughter active. Alternatively, aim for 4 if you can get your hands on CDR items.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info