[3.1] Volatile Berserker (Poet's Pen + Volatile Dead) | 8-9K Life | Incredible DPS | Easy Leveling

Yo. Im planning to buy new watchers eye. I saw theres two kind of extra damage ones with anger. Other one is simple and i know its working but dunno about this one?

"% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage while affected by Anger"

Poet's pen got decent physical damage and im wondering does it add up to spell's with that? Im confused. Does it work at all with this build?

edit: I noticed that poet's pen physical is "attacks" only, so maybe this is not good at all
Last edited by Manding0 on Feb 5, 2018, 11:52:55 AM
When we're looking at attack speed, do we look at the attack speed of frenzy or the "default attack"

Sorry, i'm new.
"
Ohblock wrote:
When we're looking at attack speed, do we look at the attack speed of frenzy or the "default attack"

Sorry, i'm new.

Your attacks are with Frenzy :) so it means we look at the Frenzy attacks per second :)
"
Manding0 wrote:
Yo. Im planning to buy new watchers eye. I saw theres two kind of extra damage ones with anger. Other one is simple and i know its working but dunno about this one?

"% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage while affected by Anger"

Poet's pen got decent physical damage and im wondering does it add up to spell's with that? Im confused. Does it work at all with this build?

edit: I noticed that poet's pen physical is "attacks" only, so maybe this is not good at all

It works to convert attack damage but our VD is fire/spell based so wouldn't do nothing for it. There are wayy better secondary Watcher's Eye affixes you should prioritze.
Appreciate the previous help!

I noticed in the guide it says 5 jewel slots should be increased damage + life, but in the passives i'm only see 4 slots, am I missing something?
"
Ohblock wrote:

I noticed in the guide it says 5 jewel slots should be increased damage + life, but in the passives i'm only see 4 slots, am I missing something?

i guess you missed one :D i count 5 :P
So I just hit level 90. I re spec'd out of a few life nodes to drop below 8k, and I'm at 7.7k+ life right now. I felt like I did real good damage..but it just felt like I wasn't doing what seemed capable.

Man this ring I just got though, and those extra few crit damage nodes..holy shit. The difference it made is incredible. We don't run a curse in this build -- but I *strongly* and I mean STRONGLY suggest picking up a "curse on hit" shaped ring. It's literally mindblowing how much more damage it gives you. At level 90 and 7.7k+ health I have all the damage nodes on the tree. I don't have enough for atziri's yet so when I get those I can get more life off it, but right now I'm in a real good spot.

I got this for 1.5 ex in abyss. Damn good price IMO. Here's my full gear:

DPS sits at 28k now in hideout with volatile dead. With power charges up I think it's around 32k or so. Feels so much better though with the curse on hit for bossing.
Last edited by SamBaLam on Feb 7, 2018, 3:32:52 PM
"
Ayrill wrote:
"
Ohblock wrote:

i guess you missed one :D i count 5 :P

Oh wow, I am so stupid!
I'm so sorry!
"
SamBaLam wrote:
So I just hit level 90. I re spec'd out of a few life nodes to drop below 8k, and I'm at 7.7k+ life right now. I felt like I did real good damage..but it just felt like I wasn't doing what seemed capable.

Man this ring I just got though, and those extra few crit damage nodes..holy shit. The difference it made is incredible. We don't run a curse in this build -- but I *strongly* and I mean STRONGLY suggest picking up a "curse on hit" shaped ring. It's literally mindblowing how much more damage it gives you. At level 90 and 7.7k+ health I have all the damage nodes on the tree. I don't have enough for atziri's yet so when I get those I can get more life off it, but right now I'm in a real good spot.

DPS sits at 28k now in hideout with volatile dead. With power charges up I think it's around 32k or so. Feels so much better though with the curse on hit for bossing.

why would you go for an assasins mark ring if there are cheap gloves with that effect? *facepalm*
the only nice thing on that ring is the crit chance and % spell damage.. even the life roll isn't that high..

you also have a power charge on crit support gem.. means you don't need that curse.. it would make sense if you go for warlords mark but not the assasins mark.. i think that was a huge waste of currency buddy.. :)
Last edited by Ayrill on Feb 8, 2018, 10:53:47 AM
"
Ayrill wrote:
"
SamBaLam wrote:

why would you go for an assasins mark ring if there are cheap gloves with that effect? *facepalm*
the only nice thing on that ring is the crit chance and % spell damage.. even the life roll isn't that high..

you also have a power charge on crit support gem.. means you don't need that curse.. it would make sense if you go for warlords mark but not the assasins mark.. i think that was a huge waste of currency buddy.. :)

He could be doing it in expectation of buying Atziri Gloves down the line.
Last edited by ngoof1 on Feb 8, 2018, 3:12:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info