[3.1] Volatile Berserker (Poet's Pen + Volatile Dead) | 8-9K Life | Incredible DPS | Easy Leveling

"
Camaron wrote:
can someone confirm me if i can lvl with 1 wand or do i need 2?


You need both.
"
Camaron wrote:
"
"
Yoluun wrote:
This build looks like a ton of fun!

Have you thought about putting brightbeak on swap?


That's a viable option. I might try this for whenever I need to backtrack.

"
Camaron wrote:
Is this build HC viable? also how well it kills map bosses? or is it mainly for speed farming aoe mobs?


The build clears maps very well and can easily deal with bosses, at 95 it achieves roughly 1,7 million Shaper DPS.

And while I'm not a HC player, I would say that the build is HC viable. 9K Life is achievable and MoM is also an option. However, if you play HC you will want to re-work the tree a bit in order to grab Vaal Pact since the current SC version relies on Atziri's Acuities.


Will going juggernaut and using the watchers eye jewel with life leech version be better for HC? since we get more armor and end charges


Armour isn't really in the best state at the moment, it's not really a defensive system that will save your life with this build. I guess you could go Juggernaut if you wanted to, and try to make some funky Oskarm accuracy stacking build? But even then I still think that Juggernaut or Assassin would be the superior choice.

"
Freddydaking wrote:
An idea mate, i see your boots and gloves both have 2 gems in each.

Now ofc, i dont know if you just havent been arsed yet, but i myself am gonna do a cwdt link in one of them.

Just a quick input, but you probably didnt intend to keep it like that anyways, just wanted to share my thoughts.


Yeah, I realize that my current gem setup is far, far from ideal. I just haven't been bothered to fix that yet since my Berserker is currently level 89 with almost 8600 Life and survivability has not yet really been an issue.

You'll have some left over gem slots in this build, so CWDT Immortal Call is a good choice. I'll probably do that myself right now.

"
Yoluun wrote:
My only question is the map clear. While leveling, I've noticed that it isn't super fast to clear big packs. It's middle of the road (ie. doesn't compare with EK or FBlades). Have you tried running increased AoE during mapping, and conc effect for bosses?


I never had a problem clearing fast even while leveling. Try and make sure you get your APS to 3+ as that will significantly help with how many Volatile Dead balls you can get every second.

You can try running Increased Area of Effect if you'd like. As I said, I've never had a problem even with Concentrated Effects.

"
Camaron wrote:
can someone confirm me if i can lvl with 1 wand or do i need 2?


Just like Yoluun already said, you will need to 2 wands to make the build work. But the passive tree is laid out in such a way that if you currently don't have the currency for a second wand, you can rather easily go self-cast (insert other fire spell here) without having to really change the tree. It's not ideal, but it's a temporary solution.
Last edited by Dixton on Dec 16, 2017, 7:59:29 PM
-
Last edited by bitbite11 on Dec 17, 2017, 5:20:14 AM
Alrighty I'm having a weird time: I try to attack and it says the skill can't be used. I have volatile dead and unearth equipped, but I am having no luck attacking/doing anything. It just says [skll cannot be used]. Am i missing something obvious?

edit: It has to be a weapon the skill works with, but... these work with it, correct?

???
All I know is that I know nothing.
Last edited by darciaz on Dec 17, 2017, 12:16:19 AM
"
darciaz wrote:
Alrighty I'm having a weird time: I try to attack and it says the skill can't be used. I have volatile dead and unearth equipped, but I am having no luck attacking/doing anything. It just says [skll cannot be used]. Am i missing something obvious?

edit: It has to be a weapon the skill works with, but... these work with it, correct?

???


You can't attack with the trigger skills, you have to attack with other skills. In this case, we use Frenzy, which triggers the other two.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the info!
All I know is that I know nothing.
EDIT: Nevermind didnt see this question had been answered.
Last edited by Freddydaking on Dec 17, 2017, 2:25:12 AM
"
Yoluun wrote:
"
darciaz wrote:
Alrighty I'm having a weird time: I try to attack and it says the skill can't be used. I have volatile dead and unearth equipped, but I am having no luck attacking/doing anything. It just says [skll cannot be used]. Am i missing something obvious?

edit: It has to be a weapon the skill works with, but... these work with it, correct?

???


You can't attack with the trigger skills, you have to attack with other skills. In this case, we use Frenzy, which triggers the other two.


And in case he isnt able to get frenzy yet, the normal attack button will do until then^^
Just did the leveling in a fricking breeze of 7 hours and finished the story at 65. gonna get the rest of the build minus the juicy parts tomorrow (heart/echants) and i wonder.... how much damae are the wands suposed to do at later levels. Is volatile dead the main damage at that point?
"
Siliticx wrote:
Just did the leveling in a fricking breeze of 7 hours and finished the story at 65. gonna get the rest of the build minus the juicy parts tomorrow (heart/echants) and i wonder.... how much damae are the wands suposed to do at later levels. Is volatile dead the main damage at that point?


I just started mapping, level 79 at this post. Wands actually do a decent amount of damage in like tiers 1-6 I would say. Beyond that its all volatile dead.

Just want to say this build is going super smooth and I was skeptical at first since you haven't posted any videos. Highest map is tier 12 so far, but no problems solo. DPS is insane and bosses just melt (especially if you pre stack orbs before proccing them).

Only downside is that it uses wands, and wands movement skills are yuck. Got a lightning warp at the moment but boy does it feel bad using 4 sockets to get it feeling decent.

Gear below, hoping to improve some stuff and get a pen enchant on boots, although for now its good enough.

Spoiler
Last edited by bitbite11 on Dec 17, 2017, 5:39:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info