am i the only one that struggle with the courthouse map bosses?

they are really fast and hit like trucks
i got 3.9k life + 2.6k ES and granit flask of iron skin AND basalt flask
they all pretty much kill me in one second

havn't killed them without dying yet

am i doing something wrong?

Another day , Another chaos
Last bumped on Dec 15, 2017, 7:50:12 PM
Anti-bleed flask against bolt brownfur, fortify, other layers of defence, leech.
All of those are quite important. I was quite surprised myself just how much damage they deal for a tier 4 map.
There are no real strategies against them except "Burst them down as fast as possible while mitigating as much damage as you can".
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Anti-bleed flask against bolt brownfur, fortify, other layers of defence, leech.
All of those are quite important. I was quite surprised myself just how much damage they deal for a tier 4 map.
There are no real strategies against them except "Burst them down as fast as possible while mitigating as much damage as you can".

other solutions for an elementalist with no access to leech and fortify?
im really pushing myself to the limits in ssf...
Another day , Another chaos
Its like old Dungeon T1 map (looks like Dungeon is T1 again but damage isnt even close to what it was ^ ^). You think it will be easy because its just white map and then you realize that boss is almost one shoting you (first time I ran this map I had it twinned. Yeah, it wasnt a pleasant suprise for me when I entered boss arena)
Ok, I took a look at your character.
Some of the pathing in the tree could maybe be optimised, but I'm most definitely no expert there. What I DID notice though is that you avoid getting jewel sockets for some reason. Jewel sockets are VERY good, since you can get a large veriety of different stats there from the jewels. Even more with the new abyssal jewels which are also quite common.

In addition, I noticed some things with your links. I won't go into detail about gear, because I don't know shit about that and even less when it comes to solo self found, so I'll talk about the skills.
Get a level 1 or something arcane surge for that orb of storms. At the moment the arcane surge does little more than increase the oos mana cost by 10% due to the high mana spent requirement (296 with the supported skill). A low level arcane surge would give you consisten mana regen, cast speed and spell damage buffs.
On the topic of orb of storms, you should add either increased crit - power charge on crit to proc elemental overload more often and consistenly or curse on hit with enfeeble or some other curse.
The latter setup can also be used on your herald of thunder, though I would recommend you to drop that one in favour of wrath. Wrath adds a multiplier to lightning damage of your spells. Sure, it DOES reserve a lot of mana, but it should be worth it, since the damage effectiveness from lightning tendrils is very low. At the moment, herald of thunder adds 5-21 base damage to lightning tendrils if you figure in the damage effectiveness. Wrath would give you 15% more damage at level 1 and even more later on.
Also, you could put your lightning golem into the wand with +1 to lightning gems to make him ever so slightly stronger.

Speaking of golems, it might be a good idea to try and see if other more defensive golem setups are more effective, you could for example take out the fire golem and use a stone golem for a large amount of regen.

Also, in theory, fortify IS available for you. You could use a scepter instead of a wand and a shield in the off-hand (spirit shields can also roll spell damage) and use shield charge with fortify to get around faster. You should also consider a cast when damage taken setup, you can even do something fancy like arc - life leech to recover from larger hits. The most popular one is immortal call - increased duration - molten shell - cast when damage taken though.
One last thing: you want as many sockets as possible. That way you can fit in lots of stuff you wanna use that can help you deal with things. Usually that means: movement skill, primary skill, (possible secondary skill,) support skill setup, (buffs, auras, golems and other single gems,) cast when damage taken/cast when stunned setup

I hope I could help a little bit :)
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I didn't... the Pen boss gave me trouble. Playing an IceCrash Jugger though. Not much gets to me. Don't kill stuff very fast, but can tank that trio.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info