Permanent Elder Influence on maps

Not sure if this is able to be duplicated but I'm pretty sure I just found a way to glitch the elder/guardians so they can't be completed but keep the influence on the map they're in

I put the guardian influenced map in my map device and after I clicked "activate" but before the map opened, I went to character selection. After I got back to my hideout on my other character, the map wasn't opened but it was gone from my map device. I opened another copy of the same map and ran it as normal. When I got to the end the guardian showed up and and I killed him. When I went back to my Atlas it said that the guardian was still in the map. Now I can run those 4 maps with guardians/elder as much as I want without the elder influence going away and on the map the Elder is supposed to be in, it's just the normal maps bosses with the Elder nowhere to be found
Last bumped on Jan 10, 2018, 6:30:39 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'm having the same problem too. But i did not log out or anything, i defeated one of the guardians and his presence is still showing up on my atlas and as you said the elder map spawns the normal boss instead of the elder himself. (so many bugs as well as that lightning guardian)
Same problem, permanent Elder on atlas, but he is not show up in map, map - Barrows
I have the same bug. I play ST raider for clear and WC chieftain for bosses. I ran the maps with elder guardians on them, (conservatory and academy for me) appropriately crafted for bonus objective and switched characters for the guardian fight. The guardian spawns and I kill it but once I do literally 0 items drop and the guardian icon is not removed from the atlas.
i have the same issue also ,

just accidentally discovered this as well

switched to safer character to kill the final boss and wanted my friends to join and didnt want to risk dying and then some kinda interaction happened when the guardian was about to die, not sure if it was shaper or elder showed up one of them came in and did something and guardian was gone and it didn't register the completion. zero monsters remain however.

this was on an orchard with The Purifier in the Pits of Sorrow

the atlas says that map is still under influence and sitll contains the purifer.
Just happened to me too. Cleared the map with a lower level character and swithced to a safer character to kill the quardian. He "died" but dropped nothing and the influence isn't cleared. Will try to run the map again to see what happens.

EDIT: Luckily rerunning the map with only 1 char worked for killing the quardian as I want to fight the elder.
Last edited by Quepecturno on Dec 30, 2017, 10:44:26 PM
edit: nvm, sorry
Last edited by TehRealMoep on Jan 5, 2018, 10:42:11 PM
When is this getting fixed?...
Some people made a fortune selling guardian kills on /trade 820 over and over.

Not like it would change things too much, but at least the guardin kill challenge was ... no longer that challenging after this behavior was known - like second day of the league?

That's why I don't even think they will fix it any time soon. Too late to matter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info