Mismatched (vanilla) map drop SFX

With the Atlas rework, many old maps have been relegated to lower or promoted higher tiers, but it seems as though they are still playing the OLD sound effects regardless of what their current tier is when they drop.

To elaborate, without any filter-shenanigans active, maps will play a specific sound effect depending on their tier grouping - white, yellow, and red - on drop with the effect getting more embellished, and louder as it progresses. However, currently, this is not the situation, and a low-tier map may play the sound effect of a high-tier map if they had previously been in that grouping, or vise versa.

For instance, Ivory Temple used to be a tier 12 map - a red map that would play the loudest, clearest notification upon being dropped - is now a lowly tier 4 map... yet still plays the previous sound effect.

This isn't exactly a ridiculous game breaking bug, but a peculiar inconsistency that results in a brief moment of excitement when I hear a "red" map drop, only to realize it was simply a demoted white map. Once again, I must reiterate that this is not a problem with a loot filter sound effect, but rather the regular sound the map makes when it drops, similar to how individual pieces of currency have different sound effects.

I was going to make a small webm on this, but the resolution was crap, and I gave up; I have tried my best to make this explanation as clear, and understandable as possible. If any elaboration is required, then I shall try to get back to you.

tl;dr maps sound effects have not been updated to align with their current tiers
Last bumped on Dec 15, 2017, 5:07:25 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info