Random crashes during loading screen

Game has started to crash multiple times per day. This only happens during loading screen, doesn't matter if it is from hideout to maps or while doing main story etc. Game just freezes while trying to load next area. Only way to handle it is alt+f4.

normally you have grinding gears down part in your loading screen but in my particular case, those gears disappear after a second and game freezes and doesn't load.

These crashes started to happen after like 2-3 days from the launch war of atlas. These did not happen at the launch day or before that.

These crashes appears to happen randomly and doesn't have any common factors. I get crashes with multiple characters, while doing main story and also in maps. Sometimes I can play hours without crashing and sometimes I might get them 3 times within 15 mins while changing instances.

Playing in abyss league.

my specs:
i7-3770
gtx 1050 ti
win 10
ssd

don't know what other information you might need. Hoping to get this fixed as soon possible as leveling is so pain in the ass when I crash before getting new waypoints :(
Last bumped on Dec 18, 2017, 4:58:47 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Bumbing to get some visibility.

I verified my game files with pack check program. Didn't get any error message and everything should be fine. I also have a good internet with constant 50 ms latency so I am pretty sure this is not connectivity issue. This also started to happen after 3.1 so the issue is within the game.

I didn't see any other bug reports that had similar issues. Am I really the only one with this problem?
I have the same issue.

Never happened to me before War of the Atlas.

Really annoying bug.

My spec:

Ryzen 5
GTX 1080
win 10
ssd

This takes away the joy of the game as it happens a lot. Random "crash/freeze" on loading screen.
same thing happening to me, if i wait long enough it's "authentification for instance transfer invalid" dunno why its happening or whats caused it.

operating system is up to date
video drivers completely uninstalled reinstalled
cleaned my register
uninstalled and reinstalled both the independent client and the steam version
updated firmware on my router

don't know what to do next, getting pretty frustrated with the lack of responses for staff on other similar threads, have seen issues going back to 2012 with no official fix because they were unable to reproduce the error..
Also happened to me, in a very irregular way.

Yesterday I had to alt-F4 several times because porting from spawn area to hideout would systematically fail.

Very annoying bug. Never experienced this before.

Yeah, fuck this game. Just tried to do eternal lab and crashed middle of it because of this particular bug again.

while doing maps this bug isn't that annoying as you have multiple portals to use but holy shit this is getting out hands while doing main quests and labyrinth.

I will come back next week to see if devs have fixed it or even responded to any of these bug reports. If not, I guess it's time to move on to other games.
99.00% of the posts here will never get a repsonse. This forum is for us to report bugs to GGG, that's it. Generally, the only time a dev will respond is to either get some more information, or clarify something.

Also, if you had read the stickies, you would know that GGG requires a bit more information than what you are giving (DXDiag dump etc) and that they also get a crash report every time you restart the client after a crash, which gives them a ton more info than what you are giving them.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
"
Aragorn14 wrote:
99.00% of the posts here will never get a repsonse.

And this is the main problem here.

So many different people are having issues with the game right now and we don't get any response from them. Just look other bug reports or even reddit. If the problem is us not giving enough information, how about they starts handling the situation better and start helping us to help them.

I am just a regular guy. I found an issue and made a bug report. I read most stickies and ggg posts. I described my problem as clearly as I could and even tried to include image. If that's not enough from us players then I don't know what to do.
That's just it. It's fine that you made the post. Do you really need to whine in it? "Fix it or I am leaving" (because that's what it sounds like when reading your posts). That's sure is a great way to express yourself...

They know about it...they knew about it before you even posted, as the stickies told you. I get the fact that it's frustrating..I really do. They have been fixing crashes left and right. They are working on it...and I would much rather have them spend their time fixing the game than sitting here on the forums making useless posts to every thread saying that they are aware, when they already are and already have said as much in the stickies.

From said sticky:
"
Any client crashes or disconnects are sent to us automatically. Report them if you have steps to reproduce the crash, but if you’re not sure why you crashed, then we’ll be investigating the default crash report ourselves.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Dec 18, 2017, 4:12:57 PM
If I am already feeling like stopping playing the game because of these crashes then I am pretty sure there so many others too. I haven't demanded anything in any of my previous posts. The fact is that if these problems aren't dealt with properly within reasonable time, people will stop playing.

but I am done talking here. Thanks for answering even though it helped so little, Aragorn14.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info