[3.1] Ngamahu's Flame - Molten Strike Berserker - Ancestral Call

Hi im looking for a lab runner that can do full key runs in abyss safely. how does this build fare in that regard? and can xoph's blood ammy fit into the build or nah?

nvm jsut double checked xoph's blood, pretty sure if you can afford its BiS for this build. still sounds fun, if its good for lab i really wanna give it a try.
Last edited by krudkakes on Dec 31, 2017, 11:09:11 PM
"
krudkakes wrote:
Hi im looking for a lab runner that can do full key runs in abyss safely. how does this build fare in that regard? and can xoph's blood ammy fit into the build or nah?

nvm jsut double checked xoph's blood, pretty sure if you can afford its BiS for this build. still sounds fun, if its good for lab i really wanna give it a try.
Xoph's Blood in definitely BIS for this build, but it is extremely expensive. Around 8-9 ex in Abyss SC right now. I can just about afford one but I don't feel like blowing all my money just to test it out.

As for lab running. I am sure it could definitely fair well. I don't personally run labs because I hate it, I just do my 4 runs for ascendancy and that's it usually. The build definitely has the single target to shred Izaro and has a lot of life to tank a three key run as well.

The only thing that is annoying is that the build doesn't have any life regen because of Vaal Pact. So it might be worth either speccing out of Vaal Pact or taking the Pantheon that gives you life flask charges over time. (I can't remember the name of it sorry).

I personally use my essence drain character for running uber labs whenever I get the strange urge to try. I might try with this build on my next run.
e77322447a68f9c997c346c2e4539ca7
Super awesome guide! I was running a Molten Strike mace build with Heavy Strike as my single-target dps and was dying all the time. Marohi Erqi Karui Maul was hurting my Molten Strike build but know you've shown me the true godliness of Ngamahu and I'm loving it. I still have somethings I have to Regret (especially my Chieftain ascendancy) but I'm already doing more DPS and having more fun!

I do have a couple of questions however....

1. Is the projectile curse really necessary for the build? I'm running Warlords because I'm afraid of getting popped (plus I get a total of 6 EC so its nice for stacking) and I'd probably run Enfeeble or Flammability before I considered the projectile curse (sorry can't remember the name).

2. I've been checking out some other Molten Strike builds and Belly seems to be a really good piece to buy, but I feel like an essential item to this build is a helm with "3 Additional Molten Strike Projectiles" passive. It looks like most of them are pretty expensive but definitely worth investing into. What do you think?

Thanks for the great guide!
What should my links be on a 5link?

Great build btw! :) Thanks
Last edited by kramurz on Jan 1, 2018, 4:49:38 PM
"
kramurz wrote:

Molten Strike > Ele focus > Added Fire > Ele Damage With Attacks > Ancestral Call. You can swap out Ancestral Call for Multistrike for single target.
"
aarontbarratt wrote:
"
kramurz wrote:

Molten Strike > Ele focus > Added Fire > Ele Damage With Attacks > Ancestral Call. You can swap out Ancestral Call for Multistrike for single target.

Ty! Having great fun with it so far. Switched from BF to this build and enjoying it alot more :D

And when do you spec into Vaal Pact? im 77 now and havent done it yet
Last edited by kramurz on Jan 1, 2018, 10:01:09 PM
"
kramurz wrote:
"
aarontbarratt wrote:
"
kramurz wrote:

Ty! Having great fun with it so far. Switched from BF to this build and enjoying it alot more :D

And when do you spec into Vaal Pact? im 77 now and havent done it yet
I picked it up quite early (level 55ish) because I like to level brain-dead style and it makes it hard to die with double leech rate.

I would say just take it once you get Cloaked in Savagery. It gives you 100% of damage leeched as life, doubling this is kind of crazy so you'll get the most use out of it then.
"
Bfbaby wrote:
Super awesome guide! I was running a Molten Strike mace build with Heavy Strike as my single-target dps and was dying all the time. Marohi Erqi Karui Maul was hurting my Molten Strike build but know you've shown me the true godliness of Ngamahu and I'm loving it. I still have somethings I have to Regret (especially my Chieftain ascendancy) but I'm already doing more DPS and having more fun!

I do have a couple of questions however....

1. Is the projectile curse really necessary for the build? I'm running Warlords because I'm afraid of getting popped (plus I get a total of 6 EC so its nice for stacking) and I'd probably run Enfeeble or Flammability before I considered the projectile curse (sorry can't remember the name).

2. I've been checking out some other Molten Strike builds and Belly seems to be a really good piece to buy, but I feel like an essential item to this build is a helm with "3 Additional Molten Strike Projectiles" passive. It looks like most of them are pretty expensive but definitely worth investing into. What do you think?

Thanks for the great guide!
Glad you're enjoying the build! As for your questions.

1. I experimented with a few curses, PoB came out with the highest numbers with Projectile Weakness in the end. Flammability is nice for the fire pen, but you already have a lot of pen from your weapon, so doubling up isn't the most effective.

Projectile weakness gives 44% increased damage taken from projectiles at level 20, which is a lot. Nearly all of our damage is from the projectile, not the melee hit so I found it effective.

2. Belly is definitely a great option, but I designed this as more of a starter build. It is the first build of the league for me anyway. So the cost was way out of my budget at the time. It is definitely an option though.

As for the helm enchant, it is the same issue as belly. The enchant is VERY good for the build, but it is expensive (4ex on any helm right now). Again over my budget as my first character.

I am currently playing an essence drain character and made around 20 ex now, so I might come back to this build and make a completely min maxed version with belly and the enchant. I am back at work after christmas now so I don't have too much time, we'll see.
Can you add some picture, videos ...
i want to play this build but i'm worry about ỉt :D
"
Power19872013 wrote:
Can you add some picture, videos ...
i want to play this build but i'm worry about ỉt :D
There is already gameplay in the guide, I have re-posted it below for you.

General Mapping
Rare Shaped Gorge: https://gfycat.com/IllfatedUnnaturalArctichare
Rare Shaped Pen: https://gfycat.com/IllTerribleKiwi

Elder Guardians
Fire Guy (Face Tank Mode): https://gfycat.com/DifficultUltimateCusimanse
Electricity Guy: https://gfycat.com/DishonestGraciousAntlion
Sand Guy: https://gfycat.com/GrimSnoopyHake
Vine Guy: https://gfycat.com/ParallelFocusedAustraliancurlew

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type