[3.1] Ngamahu's Flame - Molten Strike Berserker - Ancestral Call

"
knoxville1971 wrote:
nice build man

e77322447a68f9c997c346c2e4539ca7
"
mervar wrote:
Thank you for sharing your CWDT set up which seems to be really accurate. i was struggling with another set up (lvl 1) seen in another build (for 3.0).
the character was dying a lot (6k+ hp) on big hit and i'm not used enough with the game's mechanic to find the answer by myself.

Anyway i'm not that bad and took (just like you) the 3 nodes under "vaal pact" to add some leech. It was not required in the build i followed but with the vaal pact nerf i felt it was a good option.

When Vaal Pact was instant the leech nodes weren't really worth it in most situation. Now with the changes I think those three leech nodes are required.
"
sSs1897 wrote:
How is volley with molten strike and ngamahu?

It doesn't work, never mind

The projectiles are "ground targeted" projectiles so they don't interact with fork, chain etc.
Just blindly made a molten strike build and stumbled across this nice build. But now I have some questions.

Ascendancy order: I assume heading towards Cloaked in Savagery first would be the best, unless you got some crazy defense?

Gems: I'm quite sure Melee Phys gem does not affect the projectiles of MS so wouldn't Added Fire or fire pen be a good contender?

Also when would you recommend to head for Avatar of Fire?
"
elegar wrote:
Can you post some clips/gifs while mapping please?

I have added a couple of giffs for you now.
"
Poddi wrote:
Just blindly made a molten strike build and stumbled across this nice build. But now I have some questions.

Ascendancy order: I assume heading towards Cloaked in Savagery first would be the best, unless you got some crazy defense?

Gems: I'm quite sure Melee Phys gem does not affect the projectiles of MS so wouldn't Added Fire or fire pen be a good contender?

You're right in that Melee phys doesn't do anything for the magma balls, but it does give us a 48% damage increase on the raw melee hit; according to PoB anyway. Fire pen gives 28% increase for both the balls and melee hit so I think you're right that fire pen probably is better.

Added fire would be a 33% increase on the melee hit and on the balls, so I think added fire would probably be even better than fire pen. I will test it out and update the gem section to include added fire and scrap melee phys if it works out better in practice.

As for ascendancy order, I think it depends if you're a HC or SC player. If you're playing hardcore I would get Cloak and Savagery first, then Aspect of Carnage later. If you're in softcore then just rush Aspect of Carnage to shred through the leveling process with disgusting damage.
Last edited by aarontbarratt on Dec 21, 2017, 2:59:51 PM
"
Poddi wrote:

Forgot about your avatar of fire question.

I would say take it at level 55. This is when you can start to use Ngamahu's, which gives you 50% conversion and 20% fire pen, which really helps maximize the power of this node.
What to do with the bandits?
"
MrKato2 wrote:
What to do with the bandits?

Kill All.

Helping Oak might be vaible. But I think you get more for the 2 extra passive points considering how strong abbyys jewels are right now.

I will add this to the tree secion of the guide.
great build, has been having alot of fun with it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info