[3.1] Ngamahu's Flame - Molten Strike Berserker - Ancestral Call

"
thewasyl wrote:
I dont see a purpose for avatar of fire if you are using ngamahu. It converts 50% phys to fire and so does molten strike.
Looks like zaklanoceljade already answered this for me.

Molten Burst is physical, Ngamahu's gives you 50% conversion and Avatar of fire gives you the extra 50%
e77322447a68f9c997c346c2e4539ca7
"
Ghostexx wrote:
"
Nuhanzer wrote:
"
Ghostexx wrote:
Hey, sorry if this has been asked before but is it worth grabbing the 4 str nodes around the jewel socket in the top left of the tree for the extra molten strike projectiles and increased area of effect?

Looking at your tree it seems like you only have 2 str nodes in the vicinity but it's possible to have 4 so I was wondering if it's even worth the extra 2 points?

That 2 points is better used for more jewel slot. If you want more dmg, use hrimnor resolve. That helmet will take care chill and freeze for you.

Alright, if i had the choice between devoto's devotion and hrimnor's resolve which one do you think would be better?

Also which flask would give the biggest dps boost?
I'd say that You should use Hrimnor's if you aren't using Kaom's Roots. Kaom's roots already gives you freeze and chill immunity so there isn't much point doubling up on the same benefits.

Use Devoto's if you ARE using Kaom's Roots. It gives you movement speed that you don't have with Kaom's roots. Attack speed and dex is also nice. But no life roll.

Biggest DPS flask is either Lion's Roar or Wise Oak. PoB says:

Lion's roar is 20% increased damage on melee hits, nothing for the balls.
Wise Oak is 10% increased damage on melee hit AND on the balls.

so it's a toss up. Both are good in different ways.

Last edited by aarontbarratt on Jan 17, 2018, 7:53:04 AM
"
Ghostexx wrote:
"
Nuhanzer wrote:
"
Ghostexx wrote:
Hey, sorry if this has been asked before but is it worth grabbing the 4 str nodes around the jewel socket in the top left of the tree for the extra molten strike projectiles and increased area of effect?

Looking at your tree it seems like you only have 2 str nodes in the vicinity but it's possible to have 4 so I was wondering if it's even worth the extra 2 points?

That 2 points is better used for more jewel slot. If you want more dmg, use hrimnor resolve. That helmet will take care chill and freeze for you.

Alright, if i had the choice between devoto's devotion and hrimnor's resolve which one do you think would be better?

Also which flask would give the biggest dps boost?

Overflowing chalice is another option. I paired wise oak and chalice for dps boost, haven't found lion roar, for triple flask dps boost. For more dps boost, cwdt + lightning/flame golem with ancestral protector for atk speed boost. With both, you can reach 7aps+ and maybe reach 8 aps with right jewel setup. I paired golem with cwdt because, well too lazy to resummon and they died too fast in the first place. If you need more defense, you can drop hatred and herald for blasphemy+ enfeeble + arctic. Need to use both for crazy map mod defense. For speed clearing/dps, just change to herald and hatred.
Alright guys thanks for the tips, nearing level 80 now and this build has been a lot of fun to play, not to mention how powerful it is. Haven't had a single problem yet and it's quite a change from playing Lightning Arrow.
How important is that all gems in Ngamahu's Flame be 20/20?Will that add to overall dps?
Any alternatives for ruthless in 6l single target setup?Enjoying playing this build tnx for guide!!
"
nrnemanja wrote:
How important is that all gems in Ngamahu's Flame be 20/20?Will that add to overall dps?
Any alternatives for ruthless in 6l single target setup?Enjoying playing this build tnx for guide!!
Level 20 gems are always important in a build but I wouldn't buy them if you can't afford them. Just level them yourself and you'll do just fine.

There are alternatives. I would suggest opening my character up in PoB and playing around yourself.
Hey, love the concept. I was wondering why you didn't take advantage of any of the abyss jewels? I'm trying this build out and I elected to grab a few more jewel nodes but I'm not sure if I should go for it or just reallocate.

Thanks for any info!
"
SassyBeard wrote:
Hey, love the concept. I was wondering why you didn't take advantage of any of the abyss jewels? I'm trying this build out and I elected to grab a few more jewel nodes but I'm not sure if I should go for it or just reallocate.

Thanks for any info!
The only reason I didn't include any Abyss jewels is because I planned this build before I knew about abyss league.

Abyss belt with a jewel is by far bis for nearly all builds. I'm unsure about taking them on the tree. We already take up our 2 easily accessible sockets with wildfire jewels and I am unsure if the point investment is worth it.
Last edited by aarontbarratt on Jan 31, 2018, 7:16:17 AM
Awesome build!

I just started levelling this character and it has already levelled another character and have a good amount of currency. Do you think using Xoph's Blood (I already have it) is a worthwhile alternative to having to path up to the Avatar of Fire node, or would you say that I should go with a different amulet and path to there?

Thanks!
"
BaconBlitz wrote:
Awesome build!

I just started levelling this character and it has already levelled another character and have a good amount of currency. Do you think using Xoph's Blood (I already have it) is a worthwhile alternative to having to path up to the Avatar of Fire node, or would you say that I should go with a different amulet and path to there?

Thanks!
Xoph's blood in probably BIS so I would carry on using it if I were you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info