Unnormal mana drain with Molten Strike

Hey

following problem appear today after I did my normal lab, and choose Pathfinder.

https://youtu.be/ZAqBvlWC0x4

Like you can see in the video, I have no mana probs out of fight but when entering I am almost instantly out of mana. It looks a bit like the mana gets calculated per projectile rather than per use.

and here also the bug report:

Last edited by Grumpy3D on Dec 14, 2017, 11:52:44 AM
Last bumped on Dec 15, 2017, 5:19:16 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I suspect Ancestral Call triples your mana cost, for some reason.
Does the problem occur without it ?
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Last edited by xhul on Dec 14, 2017, 5:19:37 PM
I'm seeing the same thing. No idea if thats part of the mechanic with Anecstral Call. I have no problems with Ancestral Call + Frost Blades, but as soon as I Molten Strike it just drains (even with a 1.2% mana leech)
Interesting.
Let's try to isolate things a little bit more.
Can somebody test with just molten+ancestral (without any other supports) ?
Just tested this. Molten Strike + AC + Multistrike. When hitting multiple targets, it seemed to drain fast, but my mana leech kept it up.

Single target, which they say you can get AC to work with Molten Strike (Shift + Click), mana drained quickly.

I have a hard time believing its a "level up more, deal more damage, mana leech will catch up" scenario, as i've never seen a skill draing mana that quickly. 248/497 mana pool
"
akira115 wrote:
Just tested this. Molten Strike + AC + Multistrike. When hitting multiple targets, it seemed to drain fast, but my mana leech kept it up.

Single target, which they say you can get AC to work with Molten Strike (Shift + Click), mana drained quickly.

I have a hard time believing its a "level up more, deal more damage, mana leech will catch up" scenario, as i've never seen a skill draing mana that quickly. 248/497 mana pool

Would be even better to test without multistrike if possible.
The idea is to compare how fast the mana goes down when ancestral doesn't proc (when no nearby targets are found), and when it does.
As for mana leech, just ignore it, test with a full mana pool if possible.
From what i understand, having both ancestral hits occuring multiplies the actual cost by 3, but i might be wrong.
Sorry i couldnt test it myself, i'm at work right now.
Last edited by xhul on Dec 14, 2017, 9:21:56 PM
I found yesterday the Problem. It's the same like in this thread.

On hit glove enchantments lets molten strike going crazy.
That was it! Had an on hit enchant on gloves, changed gloves and poof, appears back to normal

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info