I'm gonna beat this dead horse some more

Make it a Cosmetic Effect you can apply like Gore Effect. That way at least players have to support the Game Monetarily to have it...

And In a way Extra Gore is PoE's answer for Damage Numbers.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
It could be enabled only on some areas like a practice area or a dummy enemy. Just some food for tough.
"
chibiusa91 wrote:
but i really do think ggg could give us an option to turn on floating numbers. to me personally it is always a joy to see how much damage you are doing. this would of course be an option that can be turned off to keep both sides happy. but having numbers on the screen may cause lag or some shit. still would be happy if they could add it in the future!

^_^

They'll never do it because then people will be able to see how bugged some skills (particularly monster ones) are. They might if Reddit cries hard enough, but it took quite a while to even get health bars.
"
Kwonryu wrote:
No need to add damage-numbers cluttering the screen, what they COULD do though, is to add a Fellow showing up in either bottom corner of the screen saying "TOASTY!" whenever you do a hit that does exceptional damage (more than 50 % of the targets health in one hit).

You just want to destroy people's soundcards whenever they shatter a screen, don't you?
"
"
Kwonryu wrote:
No need to add damage-numbers cluttering the screen, what they COULD do though, is to add a Fellow showing up in either bottom corner of the screen saying "TOASTY!" whenever you do a hit that does exceptional damage (more than 50 % of the targets health in one hit).

You just want to destroy people's soundcards whenever they shatter a screen, don't you?

Why not the good old Unreal Tournament voice-over? ^^

https://youtu.be/MsOhttwr9Rg?t=41

No? Too much?
"
Char1983 wrote:
BTW what if you oneshot entire packs? You get pink/green flashy stuff all over the place? Immersion. Totally.

Good examples!

Oneshotting an entire pack would play the soundbyte = "Wicked Sick!", while three of these fellows wander across the bottom of the screen before evaporating in clouds of pink smoke.

"
Char1983 wrote:
Lots of players hit 10 times per second, so damage numbers would just clutter the screen. I have no idea how often I hit, but I assume it is about 20 times per second with different skills on bosses, and who knows how many individual hits on trash.

For each mob that takes 50 % or more in one hit, the soundbyte = "TOASTY!" will be played, with the face popping up in either bottom left or bottom right side of the screen.

If two mobs take 50 % or more, the head will pop up in BOTH bottom left and bottom right screen.

"
Char1983 wrote:
With a KB character, you get 5 projectiles from GMP (7 with Dying sun up), each of which produces I think 4 explosions, which lets assume hit 2 mobs each, which leads to up to 7*4*2*3.5=196 hits per second assuming 3.5 aps. Damage floating numbers in that case? Useful (tm).

If five or more mobs take more than 50 % , the heads will pop up in both bottom left and right as well as top left and right screen (at the same time), but the soundbyte = TOASTY! will instead be sung as a choir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7KK7bXJV2c
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Last edited by Kwonryu on Dec 14, 2017, 10:28:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info