How do I run this in fullscreen? Giving me problems since I switched to Windows 10.

It used to run in fullscreen in Windows 7, but I switched to Windows 10, and now it never runs fullscreen at start. I have to manually alt-enter or go into options to change it with every new game.

I've tried the changing the options; it doesn't save. I've done the -fullscreen launch parameter; doesn't work.

So what can I do? Other than fullscreening it manually with every game session.
Last bumped on Dec 14, 2017, 11:41:14 AM
always leave it open!
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
Same for me, though for some reason if there is an update to install the game will start in full screen, strange.
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
Sounds like your folder where it saves the options has been protected against modifications. Check the properties on that folder.
"
Hayrich wrote:
It used to run in fullscreen in Windows 7, but I switched to Windows 10, and now it never runs fullscreen at start. I have to manually alt-enter or go into options to change it with every new game.

I've tried the changing the options; it doesn't save. I've done the -fullscreen launch parameter; doesn't work.

This has been a problem since the x64 bit client and dx11.

Use a command line --require-launch, instead of just jumping into the loading of the game you get the patcher come up with a launch button and that seems to be enough to fix it for me...i was also going to try a command line to stop the new GGG logo movie from playing at launch to see if it was that but i've not tried that yet.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Hayrich wrote:

This has been a problem since the x64 bit client and dx11.

Use a command line --require-launch, instead of just jumping into the loading of the game you get the patcher come up with a launch button and that seems to be enough to fix it for me...i was also going to try a command line to stop the new GGG logo movie from playing at launch to see if it was that but i've not tried that yet.

I'm not too tech savvy, could you elaborate on the exact steps to do that command line for launch?
As Lagwin said, this has been a problem with dx11 since the very beginning. They know, they don't care, it's probably going to get fixed in 2028.

When the game launches, press Alt+enter and it switches to full screen mode. I do this every time I open the game. Funny enough, if the game patches before opening, it launches in full screen. Every other time though, alt+enter is your friend.
"
Namcap wrote:
As Lagwin said, this has been a problem with dx11 since the very beginning. They know, they don't care, it's probably going to get fixed in 2028.

I wouldn't say they don't care they have previously tried to fix the problem (possibly fixed for some but not all)

@OP which version of the game are you using?

For steam you right click the game from the list, select properties and click on set launch options and copy past the line you want to use.

On the standalone you right click the thing you launch from (the short cut usually) select properties, there is a box called target that has "C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile_x64.exe"

Add one space then add the command line

So it would be
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile_x64.exe" --require-launch

Also, once added you will need to login and set it to fullscreen then after that you should launch in fullscreen
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Dec 14, 2017, 11:52:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info