Severe Fps Drops post 3.1

"
lif44 wrote:
Further:

After killing an abyss my frames are stuck at 40fps while near the abyss corpses

Notice my gpu not even under heavy load by any definition.

Seriously GGG, what do I need to do?

Edit:

Same map, three feet over away from the abyss area:

To be fair, your PC was running for over 24 hours without a reboot. This can slow things down as well.
I can do a fresh restart if you'd like and I can guarantee the same results if you want fairness :)

Or go through the numerous other posts to notice the same trend.

more fun in the same map. Wanna guess if it was near an abyss or not?
Last edited by lif44 on Dec 21, 2017, 6:44:15 AM
"
Ygidua wrote:
To be fair, your PC was running for over 24 hours without a reboot. This can slow things down as well.

It is entirely reasonable to expect identical performance on a computer that has been running for months as on one that has been running five minutes. If you experience problems with slowing down after your machine has been active for a while, you should investigate the root cause of your problem. It is not, however, how things "should work" by any stretch of the imagination.

"
lif44 wrote:

After killing an abyss my frames are stuck at 40fps while near the abyss corpses
Notice my gpu not even under heavy load by any definition.

Seriously GGG, what do I need to do?

Same map, three feet over away from the abyss area:

What you need to do in order to get this fixed is actually pretty darn close to what you just did: find a way to reproduce the problem, and tell GGG about it. Then they can replicate it on their systems internally, figure out the bug, and fix it.

Next time you hit that, run /bug in chat while you have the low FPS, and then again when you move a little and have good FPS.

Then email tech support with an explanation of this causing FPS issues, and the bug reference numbers. The later will give GGG all the info they need to get the same exact map layout, etc, that you have.

Once you give them a recipe to reproduce the problem, they should be able to fix it. Without that, it can be pretty impossible for them to get it to break, which makes it about as impossible to figure out and fix the bug.

Great work, figuring out how to recreate and demonstrate the problem.
Last edited by SlippyCheeze on Dec 21, 2017, 2:42:21 PM
I think there's something wrong with the optimization lately pre 3.1 mayhem and turmoil used to run the game on 1080p with my GT 730 had like 50 fps and it usually drop to 15 when clearing a pack when 3.1 came damn from 50 to 1-8 fps real quick
Ongoing. Id love to be able to play the game like 'the majority' of players too.
Fwiw, I was playing on windowed fullscreen with dynamic resolution on and had all the same problems most of you guys seem to have. I was fine in up until 3.1.x (not sure when it started but it was during this league). But recently, I started losing FPS in my HO. It would be at 60+ then drop into the 30's. I went to fullscreen and dynamic resolution off. This seemed to fix my problem.

My specs:
GTX 970M
16gbs RAM
i7-6700
Ongoing.
On going....

Patch 3.0, the game ran perfectly fine.

Patch 3.1, the game in now unplayable.

Tried using older nvidia drivers, tried flushing network, even uninstalled and reinstalled the game but nothing is working.

Without a doubt a patch bug, would be nice if they would at least say they are aware of it and maybe some sort of work around.
Thanks to the person on the first page as it solved my issue for the most part.

Last few days the fps lag has been especially bad to the point where it became unplayable. In certain maps my fps would drop to 5-10 fps and it would constantly spike up and down. If you're having similar issues i suggest using the nvidia driver version mentioned on the 1st page.
Can somebody repost the nvidia link for better driver version? the links on 1st page are not online anymore?! thank you.

Also having worse fps on 3.1 here (but the worst things are literal freezes where i get 0 fps for like 0.3 seconds which you know can kill you in this game)

rig is:

Geforce 1060 3bg
AMD 6300
8gig ram

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info